vu+solo2 se

For programming flash Solo2 SE via rs232 need a cable with a different pin connections. The cable supplied with the receiver will not work. Null modem cable is also not suitable.
On rs232 receiver involved 7 contacts. 2 - to remove the log, 2 - for programming the chip protection and 2 - for programming the flash. 1 - general.
In solo2 mini used only 5 contacts (1,2,3,5,6). There are no 2 contacts for flash programming.

i have a solo 2 se, and supplied cable , flashed via com fine

To program the security chip need a cable 2-1 3-6 5-5 (complete).
To program the flash memory after a time bomb requires a cable 2-8 3-9 5-5 (need to solder)
To remove the log need a null modem cable 2-3 3-2 5-5
This 3 different cable.

To program the security chip need a cable 2-1 3-6 5-5 (complete).
To program the flash memory after a time bomb requires a cable 2-8 3-9 5-5 (need to solder)
To remove the log need a null modem cable 2-3 3-2 5-5
This 3 different cable.

@dmmih, how did you discover this? Do you know if this applies to just the SE, or the Solo2 as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, i had the latest vix apollo 32 build running on this for few days now working fine

i flashed
UPDADE TOOLS_20140906

also i tried the flashing the bootloader via com port just to see and it flashed fine, but i noticed after flashing the bootloader, then flashing using the images from VU+ and X Website --- Home , it goes through the process, usb stick flashes , but it doesnt boot, just stays blank, only way flashing worked was to flash official vix apollo 32build then after i can then flash images from VU+ and X Website --- Home

i also flashed older UPDATE TOOLS_20140508 and then try the official image to try to brick it, but it still boots up although with sat and network connected it gets stuck on boot,

i wanted it to go blank so could really see flashing the bootloader working , wonder what protection they have on these se models

Thanks

I've flashed the new bootloader and am having similar problems getting an image to boot. ViX Apollo32 is gone from their downloads, I've tried build 62 and it partially boots but not completely. Images from the Vu-HD downloads give a Kernel panic and don't boot at all.

Does anyone have a copy of the original ViX Apollo 32 that I can try?

I've flashed the new bootloader and am having similar problems getting an image to boot. ViX Apollo32 is gone from their downloads, I've tried build 62 and it partially boots but not completely. Images from the Vu-HD downloads give a Kernel panic and don't boot at all.

Does anyone have a copy of the original ViX Apollo 32 that I can try?

I had similar problems with my box not liking any VIX images. Got an original Vix 3.0.808, flashed and brill, all working again.

The fan in my Solo2 SE is very loud.
Can anyone recommend a good replacement and where to get it from?

Hi mates!

Really interestering thread, do this solo2 SE receiver have Ypbpr on the SCART? Anyone know?

Thanks

How can I tell if my lonrisun is a v1 v2 v3 or v4? How do I update to v4

Black hole 2.1.5 now features xbmc
also supports dreamplex plugin.
these clones seem to be perfect.
I am still trying to get RUYA working on black hole image, although it works on open pli 4,0

Have you got a copy of that blackhole clone safe image with xbmc

I have bought one of these boxes and have downloaded openvix on it from this site and all running well,was looking to install MGcamd file,does anybody have a link to this are know how to get it? Only new to this and am trying to build up knowledge on it thanks in advance

From the plugin feeds, choose softcam and mgcamd 1.38.

Then you need to FTP both "mg_cfg" and "newcamd.list" from the attached file to "/var/keys"

Then add your line to newcamd.list below the first line.

Attachments

• MGcamd.rar
    1.7 KB · Views: 15
Black hole 2.1.5 now features xbmc
also supports dreamplex plugin.
these clones seem to be perfect.
I am still trying to get RUYA working on black hole image, although it works on open pli 4,0
Where i can get blackhole 2.1.5 for vu solo2 se of lonrisun?

the sunray images seem to work fine on solo2 se and they are latest
seem to work? are you sure that i can flash sunray blackhole 2.1.5 without risk of breaking my vu solo2 se? have you test it? just now i have blackhole 2.1.4.
thanks for your help

Back