1st 4k zgemma H7s H7C

Yep! I think Greed may have some part in this and the slim chance that a mass Cable buying brigade will snap these up, But i think they underestimated the Cable market considerably its literally a 3rd of the size of satellite due to its limited availability. And if again rumours come to the fore front that its got maybe 12 months left then its an expensive IPTV receiver.

I saw the prices drop on the H.3 and the H.5 drop within a couple of month with a saving of around £20 per box, realistically if they had gone with the original price of around £150 these would have shifted like hot cakes

Cable side is still ok but the 4k side is not really much use for everyday live tv

Still well over priced even for a dual tuner Cable receiver at the same price you can get the Vu Uno 4K with Cable FBC tuner which would give you 8 tuners from one input and far better build quality

Still well over priced even for a dual tuner Cable receiver at the same price you can get the Vu Uno 4K with Cable FBC tuner which would give you 8 tuners from one input and far better build quality
Only trouble you would need 4 cable lines as nearly all suppliers only allow max of 2 connections per sub

Thats not quite the point i was making VFM this is not and who's to stop you recording the FTA BBc1,2 ITV1 CH4 CH5 as well as 2 premiums as an example theres 7 straight away LOL

P.S who records anyway i haven't done for around 20 years since VHS went out we have that much +1 +24 Catchup etc and pure drivel followed by continuous repeats. recording should be a thing of the past

Are you for real,Recording a thing of the past,Every forum going is looking how to record using iptv

Yes i am for real perhaps having a life and not recording copious amounts of drivel that the broadcasters so called pass off as entertainment. Perhaps its my age i remember a time when a 'repeat' only got shown many months or years later not the following day just to fill up time slots

What ever floats your boat,I run an xtrend et 8500 with the 4 tuners,Motorized dish with a multi sat sub and iptv and never watch the same program twice,Work funny hrs and recording is my only option so there you go

What ever floats your boat,I run an xtrend et 8500 with the 4 tuners,Motorized dish with a multi sat sub and iptv and never watch the same program twice,Work funny hrs and recording is my only option so there you go

I like the Xtrend 8500 a nice looking solidly built machine that in basic 2 tuner form stands at less than £80 cheaper than the H.7, you have to admit the Zgemma build quality is a pale comparison to your xtrend, but i am sure it will do most peoples needs.

as most have said the 4K for Cable is useless and the H.3 is now around £85 for the same sort of spec apart from the 4K and processor of course

I would not touch a zgemma with a barge pole but have setup dozens and dozens of them for people local to and run ok for a simple setup

Hi,

I have a sample h7c from air digital arriving end of the week

Last edited by a moderator:
@chets Do you know the retail price ?

if it is the rumoured £229 then i dont seem them been popular. There not built well other models having dodgy HDMI ports cable tuners sensitivity is nothing to right home about either.

dont know retail as sellers price them how they want!

edited: apparently looks like advert, but one has just appeared on ebay ;P

Last edited:
Hi guys

If your looking to get this new box and hope its does as much as the Technomate 4k triple tuner then it wont, the hard wear on the H7 has not got all the gismos like most 4k boxs have.
regards Talks.

Thats not quite the point i was making VFM this is not and who's to stop you recording the FTA BBc1,2 ITV1 CH4 CH5 as well as 2 premiums as an example theres 7 straight away LOL

P.S who records anyway i haven't done for around 20 years since VHS went out we have that much +1 +24 Catchup etc and pure drivel followed by continuous repeats. recording should be a thing of the past
Got to agree with you digi, so many ways to watch anything nowadays. Download it or watch the numerous repeats.
I was an apprentice tv engineer when VHS came out. Absolutely magical that we could record any of our 4 available channels, we weren't a truly 24/7 society in those days.
Nowadays people tend to record their lives through blogging and other forms of social media, tv recording is non essential in comparison to the VHS days as digital copies are easily had in a matter of minutes. The main use of tv recording now is probably the ability to pause live tv, which at my age I still tend to forget as I rush into the kitchen to make a sandwich and coffee during a commercial break. :)

Hi guys

If your looking to get this new box and hope its does as much as the Technomate 4k triple tuner then it wont, the hard wear on the H7 has not got all the gismos like most 4k boxs have.
regards Talks.

The Technomate though does not have DVB-S2X tuner capability whoch would open a lot of Multistream channels on other satellites, This is where the Zgemma trumps the TM 4K.

Although still overpriced LOL

Back