vu+duo tuner setup help

faisalpandu

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi

i currently have a fixed sky dish and also motorised dish. The motorised dish is 36V acutator for moving dish and connected to an echostar box which can move the dish. i would like to keep this as it is. Howvever i would like to connect sky feed on tuner 1 and the motorised feed on tuner 2 on the vu duo. How can i set up tuner B to motorised so the say if the dish in on 1 west do i have to change setting on vu box or will channel work on vu duo or i hav to set where dish is on vu duo evrytime dish is moved using the echosatr box.

thanks

Tuner A Static

Configuration mode - Simple
Mode - Single
Satellite - 28.2 east
Send Diseqc - No

-------------------------------------
Tuner B Motorized

Mode - Positioner
Latitude -
Longitude -

My setup faisalpandu, and works great.

Tuner A Static

Mode - Single
Satellite - 28.2 east
Send Diseqc - No

-------------------------------------
Tuner B Motorized

Mode - Positioner
Latitude -
Longitude -

My setup faisalpandu, and works great.

Do i need to set up the latitiude and longitiude for tuner b.

does your echostar box support usals ?

i dont know mate to be honest all i know is i have got a 1m dish with a 36v motor. The echostar box that i have is ad3000 ip. There are like three wires connected m1 m2 at the bck of the box. Satellite moves perfect with echostar and would like to keep it like this. Just need to know hot set up tuner b for motorised.

So question if i had dish on hotbird 13e would vu+ duo automatcially pick it up from tuner B and then say i switched dish to 19.2e would vu duo automatically pick up this on tuner B. Do i need to set up multiple satellites on tuner b

thanks

The echostar box that i have is ad3000 ip.
ок , i've thought u had stand alone positioner , not the built in one .
i think , u have to get
diseqc to 36 volt convert box

Technomate V-Box mk3 or similar
One of the most significant developments for motorised systems in years.
99 satellite positions.
Fully automatic option. Just select the channel on your Diseqc receiver and your
36 volt motor / dish will move to the correct satellite and channel.

or u could try advice which rronka gave u (not very comfortable in your case though -- u have to chose channel with the vu+duo , then move dish with ad3000 ip )

Last edited:
ок , i've thought u had stand alone positioner , not the built in one .
i think , u have to get
diseqc to 36 volt convert box

Technomate V-Box mk3 or similar

or u could try advice which rronka gave u (not very comfortable in your case though -- u have to chose channel with the vu+duo , then move dish with ad3000 ip )

Right got tuner B set up as motorised and once moved on echostar it picks up auomatically on vu+ duo. very good. I will have a look at the technomate v-box sounds really good. I have a V box as well.

Also I am having problem trying to connect my externall hdd on vu+ duo. for some reason it is not picking it up. The hdd is in fat32 format. Do i need to do anything for it pick up.

Thanks

Back