VM Superhub a pile of tosh

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had this installed. If i take my laptop or any device 10 meters away in the same house down the hall the sigal drops to less than half plus the speed is like a fith of what it should be its rediculous.
I had an old cheap 5 pound router with ddwrt which used to work in the next bloody block!

Is there any settings that i should be aware of? anything that can be done?

only thing that fix's that m8 is to drop it into modem mode and use a netgear router, i have the same problem still works but signal no where near as good as a netgear router.

Last edited:
Try changing the channel to a static number rather than have it set to automatic. Mine is set on 6 and if i try anything else it is just a bag of sh**e. Most people around me have it on 6 so you would think it would be better on a totally different channel with less interference but no...not the case.

only thing that fis's that m8 is to drop it into modem mode and use a netgear router, i have the same problem still works but signal no where near as good as a netgear router.

That's ironic because it has a netgear router built-in :LOL: .......but you still have to use your own netgear router in modem mode :LOL:

drop the wireless back to g.

I had to do this on my mother-in-laws. It's basically a netgear router anyway so it has the same chipset.

drop the wireless back to g.

I had to do this on my mother-in-laws. It's basically a netgear router anyway so it has the same chipset.

Can you explain how to do that m8, just looked through setting but cant see it.

@Napster, I think wireless G = 54Mbps, so if you log-in as admin to your router , go to Advanced Settings, click Wireless Radio & click 'Up to 54Mbps (best for wireless compatibility)' & Apply.
Worth a try.
HH.

@Napster, I think wireless G = 54Mbps, so if you log-in as admin to your router , go to Advanced Settings, click Wireless Radio & click 'Up to 54Mbps (best for wireless compatibility)' & Apply.
Worth a try.
HH.

Cheers m8, cant harm to try :)

It should be listed under wireless and 802.11 mode

From what I remember its 54Mb/s, 145Mb/s and 300Mb/s.

Although "n" is supposed to give you better coverage "G" seems a lot more stable and gave extra range (although I'm not on cable my n is nowhere near as far as my old netgear g)

The only trouble i get to be honest it dont like the vonets i got for 500s and the wifes mobile, everything else is fine even on 300 mbps.

The only trouble i get to be honest it dont like the vonets i got for 500s and the wifes mobile, everything else is fine even on 300 mbps.

yes my vonets is the same soon as i got the superhub it stop working will have to get someone to try it with there router i like them but think now they are to much bother as you have to pluged them back in to pc to change user and password we just use hopepluges now

yes my vonets is the same soon as i got the superhub it stop working will have to get someone to try it with there router i like them but think now they are to much bother as you have to pluged them back in to pc to change user and password we just use hopepluges now

what i found out with mine was if yiu drop the power to vonets, then plug it back in it will work again for couple days, then you have to repeat it all over, like you im on homeplugs now work without a problem.

its just the wireless side of things just crap but if you get a netgear router or a rangemax they are fine, only thing with one of there netgear routers you dont get full 60mb get about 25mb max, i have tried.

this is what i get with through router at all settings wireless.

54mbps Download Speed: 22869 kbps (2858.6 KB/sec ) Upload Speed: 2929 kbps (366.1 KB/sec )
144mbps Download Speed: 34314 kbps (4289.3 KB/sec ) Upload Speed: 2928 kbps (366 KB/sec )
300mbps Download Speed: 61464 kbps (7683 KB/sec ) Upload Speed: 2922 kbps (365.3 KB/sec )

Last edited:
Back