Facebook Marketplace rules.

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I installed a superhub 4 last week and with the addition of my StreamLocator hub have a strong wireless signal everywhere. This left me with my Asus router surplus to requirements. I used to run my superhub 3 in modem mode so needed the Asus.

I decided to put it up for sale on Marketplace and a few local FB selling sites. Came back as not meeting Facebooks rules on media players and streaming????

They gave me the option of asking for a review. I told them it is a bloody router and many millions of their users are using them to access their site. They reviewed it again and decided it was still against their rules.
I can only think it's because I mentioned that it is easy to set up a VPN and would help when using torrents etc;

If I decide to advertise a car on there I will make sure not to say that it would make an ideal getaway car or that it could be used on Sundays for knocking over little old ladies on Zebra crossings.

Thing is they will not give any explanation whatsoever as to how you are breaking their rules. Had it happen before when selling a wheelchair ffs.

Facebook is a joke.
I cant tell you how many times ive been banned for posting jokes in a joke group...even though the group states...dont join if easily offended.

Maybe it was a mistake mentioning torrents...but fook me i see much worse on FB.
Anyway mate i will give you £5 for it seeing as you are having trouble selling it 🤣

I've lost count of how many ads I've seen for Firesticks with Sky Sports and Movies. I place an ad for a router and it's a no go. When I got blocked from selling a wheelchair I tried reposting it using different terminology and still came up as being against their rules.

The main thing I am ranting on is their complete lack of an explanation as to why they were against their rules. I put it up on Gumtree without any hassle after the FB wankers said No. 😂

I got a 3 day ban tonight for saying the person who killed that poor mp should be hanged.

I got a 3 day ban tonight for saying the person who killed that poor mp should be hanged.
Who the hell makes these decisions? I have heard the same and much worse when someone has been accused of cruelty to an animal. There must be people being paid who look at certain flagged posts and make this decision.
Perhaps pick up something stupid like 1 in 100,000 posts and moderate it.

Who the hell makes these decisions?
Snowflakes reporting posts..

I assume they have a bot that sees keywords too and automaticly hands out a FB sentence.
My last ban i appealed it..
1 of the options was "Facebook has misunderstood the meaning of this post"

It instantly went from a 1 month ban to a weeks ban..so nobody had reviewed it.
Biggest part must be automated.

Back