VM Card Sharing.

if people are willing to pay the same for a virmin c/s than a sly one then good for them they are not getting even half the service sly is offering.

Anything worth watching on Sly is on Virmin unless your into Al Jazeera tv :)

Pretty sure Sky has plans already for dealing with a lot of cardsharing. They are just waiting to see how many people they can pick up from VM's change to N3 before getting aggressive.

I think it will be a similar type of attack you see with Sky Italy every now and again but no doubt a fix will come out asap.

So its still worth going to sat and c/s ?

Or do people think thats gonna be fixed eventually...

Would hate for it too happen anytime soon since just getting my dish up lol

So its still worth going to sat and c/s ?

Or do people think thats gonna be fixed eventually...

Would hate for it too happen anytime soon since just getting my dish up lol
hi m8, without satellite there wouldnt be cable as all they are doing is relaying the satellite signals and adding a bb and phone line and chucking it down a fibre optic cable. cable is insignificant as all the hackers and c/s outfits are working with satellite and have no interest in cable.

hi m8, without satellite there wouldnt be cable as all they are doing is relaying the satellite signals and adding a bb and phone line and chucking it down a fibre optic cable. cable is insignificant as all the hackers and c/s outfits are working with satellite and have no interest in cable.

yes but there is still a big market for the cable boxes!!! just look @ the last 10 years, money talks

I think it will be a similar type of attack you see with Sky Italy every now and again but no doubt a fix will come out asap.

Hiya pal,
I'm sure i saw sky italy getting card shared on another forum. have they killed it off?

is it likely to happen to over here?

Hiya pal,
I'm sure i saw sky italy getting card shared on another forum. have they killed it off?

I think it has been off twice recently, but back on with cam update. Sky UK are putting their resources to closing down public cs sites, but that is not to say they would not consider an attack on the cards.

James

I wouldn't rule it out.

With so many people moving to Sky now that free cable is coming to an end I can see card sharing potentially becoming a big problem for them.

Thanks for the info guys.

when you say sky italy were shut down twice. how long was it before the next cam update was released.
and by that you mean like a cccam update right? like the recent 2.1.4?

Thanks for the info guys.

when you say sky italy were shut down twice. how long was it before the next cam update was released.
and by that you mean like a cccam update right? like the recent 2.1.4?

The first time it was hit it took a few weeks to find a solution which was eventually released by the Oscam team and not cccam. The second time it was hit most recently the fix was released in a matter of hours.

thanks for that pal.
its just that i would like to run a private server within friends and family and if it does go down then i dont want to be left paying the bill in a binding 12 month contract.
would it be possible to cancel the contract if that were to become the case?
or at the very least, downgrade?

Does anybody know when VM will be switching to n3 in the lancashire and Leicester area?
if i could get my hands on one of those codes, i'd have to order an installation before 22nd March to get half price sky.
It would be a real shame if i were to order an installation and vm dont switch over for another few months.

It would be a damn real shame if i had just signed a 12 year contract with sky and they shut cardsharing down. lol
although it does make me feel optimistic that a solution was worked out within hours the second time italy was hit.
Can you guys see them crippliling cs in the long term?

It would be a damn real shame if i had just signed a 12 year contract with sky and they shut cardsharing down. lol
although it does make me feel optimistic that a solution was worked out within hours the second time italy was hit.
Can you guys see them crippliling cs in the long term?

here, have a read of this

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

see the list of "Standard VideoGuard Express features" that they are advertising :Fish:

what is a Control word encryption and why is it not stopping us from cardsharing??

what is a Control word encryption and why is it not stopping us from cardsharing??

the control words are requested to open channels so maybe they have some way to encrypt them so that only a legit box would decrypt them

rom 142 in ireland...........
Am helping another member here & have his upc n3 card working in the dreambox using rqcs:
Opening sci... Done
Detecting card... Card present
root@dm500 ~ # Resetting card... Done
Identifying card type...
Historical bytes: D N A S P 1 4 2 R e v G 0 2
44 4E 41 53 50 31 34 32 20 52 65 76 47 30 32
Card type: Nagra
ROM Revision: 142
EEPROM Revision: RevG02
Configuring sci...
SCI | f: 3574595 | T: 1 | ETU: 32 | EGT: 1 | CWT: 25 | BWT: 89291 | WWT: 0
Slot custom parameters:
des_key: 0102030405060708091011121314
box_key: ################
dt06_key_0d:
cam_n: ######################## ...
Long parameter, first 32 characters shown, 128 total.
secondary_key:
rsa_key:
Card start-up initialization...
Using Plain CAM N session negotiation method:
Setting Field Size: Done
Retrieving IRD serial number: ########
Retrieving CAM serial number: ########
Retrieving System IDs: 5F01,5F02
Retrieving CAM challenge data: Done
Performing Session Key Negotiation: Successful
Starting card worker thread... Done
Starting protocol server on port 10000 [newcamd protocol]
Logical Slot 'Lower' READY!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Logical Slot 'Upper' [Users: 1]
Device Path: /dev/sci1 | Listening Port: 10000

So going by that its reading the card ok, Now i have tried a couple of emu's but not having much luck the best has been mgcamd: just to let ye guys no irish guys have rom 142 working in dream.

Back