VM Card Sharing.

xcell

Inactive User
Reaction score
Is it possible ?

Obviously it wouldn't be with a normal box, would a DM500c do it? I notice Sky has card sharing (is that ?Nagra 3).,

I think if it was possible people would have already been doing it before nagra 3.

i think it is possible only problem is finding rsa from stb

heres somthing i found on the net its for sattelite from europe:

Simple configure and start N3 cards ROM180 on Dreambox with CCcam 2.1.3 & Newcs 1.67

In this archive is configuration for autorool for N3 cards ROM180 and ROM142 with CCcam+Newcs-radegast ,where radegast is used for autorool.
This archive is autoinstaling for E1 ,but file can be used and in E2 (transfering with FTP client)
Simple changed next parametres:
CCcam.cfg file ( var/etc ) line
R: 127.0.0.1 18000 1880 000000 256 #for ROM180 cards
or
R: 127.0.0.1 18000 1802 000000 256 #for ROM142 cards

In newcs.xml (newcs config - var/tuxbox/config ) port newcs is 34000 ,port radegast is 18000

Canged with your options and complete this lines
HTML:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Whhoooo a N3 topic lol,..u might b opening a hole can of worms ere m8 ! ,Right we know CS is poss on SLY, but how deep can we go into on here? can we talk about ways how2 > finding rsa from stb's ? e.c.t e.c.t , or any news that any1 finds on this ....& thanks @mrjai66 for the info :Fish:

I think if it was possible people would have already been doing it before nagra 3.

There was no point in doing it before N3 as the N1 card was hacked allowing use of mosc, funcards, etc.

cs is available on N3 Satellite which is a similar ROM to the VM one. N3 cable in Ireland uses a different ROM and there has been difficulty getting cs to work, but a member from Ireland has confirmed that cs is available there on a limited scale.

The problem is in getting the RSA key which will be used in the VM HD boxes and later boxes. In Europe this has been obtained by reading an eeprom in the box. I am not sure if the ability to do this has been made public, but is available as a paid for service.

So it is likely that you can expect cs to be available here in the coming months. If not, then the move over to Satellite cs, it is not that expensive. Anyway, you would need to purchase the same sort of equipment for cable, less the dish of course, so your options are open.

James

Is it possible ?

Obviously it wouldn't be with a normal box, would a DM500c do it? I notice Sky has card sharing (is that ?Nagra 3).,

Sky use NDS and not Nagra 3

Also, can't see why it would not work with the correct hardware/software

@jamesb4 .........is it a big job to get the RSA key ! & what sort of hardware is requried e.c.t ,

It is just a case of removing a chip, reading it and knowing what info to look for. Sounds simple. But without more information it is impossible to say what is required and if the same can be done for VM boxes.

With some chips glued to the motherboard, the box gets nackered in the process. The original box might be required later for certain updates to the card.

James

Last edited:
but how deep can we go into on here?

General theoretical discussion only. Definately no keys or addresses or provider/box specific information. Any files you want to share should be either passed privately or through one of the sharing sites.

General theoretical discussion only. Definately no keys or addresses or provider/box specific information. Any files you want to share should be either passed privately or through one of the sharing sites.

ok Nozzer ur the boss m8!! thanks 4 clearing it up :)

Not everyone has/can have a dish.

People who live in blocks of flats, rent houses where landlords refuse permission or have south facing fronts to houses in conservation areas are unable to put up dishes. In areas that have cable this is the only alternative apart from BT TV.

James

People who live in blocks of flats, rent houses where landlords refuse permission or have south facing fronts to houses in conservation areas are unable to put up dishes. In areas that have cable this is the only alternative apart from BT TV.

James

I have never asked, **** them i will just move to a different house if it was a problem. if people are willing to pay the same for a virmin c/s than a sly one then good for them they are not getting even half the service sly is offering.

And, of course, the biggest hurdle of them all (that I face) - the wife has said I'm not allowed to put a dish on the house! :(

hmmm i think you should ask her nicely for your balls back then climb the ladder and get the dish up on the house :proud:

Why cardshare virgin if you can can share sky?? whats the worry???

And do you think Sky is gonna sit back and inherret a load of freeloaders like you? I would imagine they will break c/s on NDS cards if it becomes a big enough problem.

:Fish:

And do you think Sky is gonna sit back and inherret a load of freeloaders like you? I would imagine they will break c/s on NDS cards if it becomes a big enough problem.

Pretty sure Sky has plans already for dealing with a lot of cardsharing. They are just waiting to see how many people they can pick up from VM's change to N3 before getting aggressive.

:Fish:

I'm surprised they haven't killed it of already but yours and nozzer's theory makes sense

Pretty sure Sky has plans already for dealing with a lot of cardsharing. They are just waiting to see how many people they can pick up from VM's change to N3 before getting aggressive.

That makes sense, shame though. I was contemplating sat as my move, when my cable area goes N3. Still may be worth it for foreign cards, sports for example. What do you think?

Back