virgin double speed

what a mare, clever marketing campain then, they must have new they were never going to be able to come up with the goods, now a lot of people has upgraded expecting the "double speed" and they have us now tied into a contrcat, then when your coming to the end of it they'll be promising the double speeds, all though something is weird, I'm on the 50 meg, and I've been getting 7 - 9 meg downloads on some torrents which is strange.......

you know that torrents and newgroups are traffic shaped ?

if you are on 100mb then I didn't thing they are rolling out 120mb till next year ?

So the double speed will just mean a £10 reduction in your bill.

Yep reduction in price and 20mb faster taking it up to 120mb but now instead of July it says "October 2012 and December 2012" also noticed their taken Usain Bolt off their site, is that because he may not be the fastest anymore?

Apparently anyone with so called loyalty discount, want be able to get speed double until they drop there discount

[h=2]Go ultrafast with a Super Hub[/h]Your new broadband speed is shown below, but you'll need a new modem to make the most of it.

Your new speed is up to 100Mb

[h=2]Do I need to do anything?[/h]
To upgrade you to your crazily fast new broadband speed, we'll need to send you a new combined modem and router - the Virgin Media Super Hub.
In most cases you'll be able to install it yourself, but some people may need an engineer to make sure everything's working properly.
Your new Super Hub, including postage, is free of charge and as soon as it's been activated you?ll be able to enjoy your sizzling new up to 120Mb broadband.
Just click 'Upgrade me' to order your Super Hub.

thats the message i get when i log into my virgin media,it seems to me that if i get a super hub,then i will get the 120mb service right away !

[h=2]Go ultrafast with a Super Hub[/h]Your new broadband speed is shown below, but you'll need a new modem to make the most of it.

Your new speed is up to 100Mb

[h=2]Do I need to do anything?[/h]
To upgrade you to your crazily fast new broadband speed, we'll need to send you a new combined modem and router - the Virgin Media Super Hub.
In most cases you'll be able to install it yourself, but some people may need an engineer to make sure everything's working properly.
Your new Super Hub, including postage, is free of charge and as soon as it's been activated you?ll be able to enjoy your sizzling new up to 120Mb broadband.
Just click 'Upgrade me' to order your Super Hub.

thats the message i get when i log into my virgin media,it seems to me that if i get a super hub,then i will get the 120mb service right away !

so what are you waiting for then... get going : mr ed :

Damm, I see they have got rid of Usain and new schedule has my area pushed back from July 2012 to next year now.

I don't get it, :|

I've defiantly got the 100 meg as pulling 10 meg of the newsgroups and yes as stated puling that off on torrents as well (10 meg download), so I've gone from the 50 meg to the 100 meg (maybe even 120).....speed test confirms that as well..strange how I still get the "your area is going to take longer" and yeah traffic shaping I know will come into it.....but results and the like state that I'm on or around the 100 - 120 meg from them....

Only thing that hasn't changed is the "upload" still 500k

2074902863.png

Last edited:
I don't get it, :|

I've defiantly got the 100 meg as pulling 10 meg of the newsgroups and yes as stated puling that off on torrents as well (10 meg download), so I've gone from the 50 meg to the 100 meg (maybe even 120).....speed test confirms that as well..strange how I still get the "your area is going to take longer" and yeah traffic shaping I know will come into it.....but results and the like state that I'm on or around the 100 - 120 meg from them....

Only thing that hasn't changed is the "upload" still 500k

View attachment 67690
BeQuiet.jpgdont tell anyone lol

LOL!

That's the thing that's puzzling me, here's the config page, and according to that then it's locked at around about the 50 meg service.

20-07-201219-52-24.jpg

(sorry highlighted the upstream, it should be just the downstream I meant to highlight on the pic above)

20-07-201219-57-37.jpg

Last edited:
hmmm.....it simply can't be.....I can't compute.....

confused.jpg

result for me today aswell, had the superhub activated the other day and was still only getting the 20mb, so give them a call today and they said when the superhub got activated the speed should of increased, but it hadnt, so he had a look and upped it to 60mb which i should of been getting, so im a happy chappy today as i thought with the set backs i wouldnt be getting that speed till earliest december now, so worked out spot on for me...

say nowt dibbs mate enjoy it if your getting something ya shouldnt be for free!

Last edited:
I know but it doesn't work out, the config is wrong..... I think I best phone them and speak to there technical department, tell them of the glitch...;)

hmmm.....it simply can't be.....I can't compute.....

View attachment 67694

result for me today aswell, had the superhub activated the other day and was still only getting the 20mb, so give them a call today and they said when the superhub got activated the speed should of increased, but it hadnt, so he had a look and upped it to 60mb which i should of been getting, so im a happy chappy today as i thought with the set backs i wouldnt be getting that speed till earliest december now, so worked out spot on for me...

say nowt dibbs mate enjoy it if your getting something ya shouldnt be for free!

Hi gents I should check your bills online as i was on 10mg and dobled so i got a superhub and a speed test showed me as getting 60mg it should have 30mg I then had my online bill notification and they were charging me for xl £60+ instead of £21.50 so I phoned them and got it back to L @£21.50 so check your bills asap

edogg

checked my bill and all is fine, checked speed test and the like and it's just getting faster.....not complaining like....

2075879704.png

maybe its part of the testing process for the upgrade? see what peoples lines can happily already do? fook knows lol

Just with it being on a 50 meg config that's all, keeps throwing me, how ever, just keeps getting faster... shame they won't do the upload for me, must write them a letter...lol

2076347441.png

Looked at my online bill, £40-25 for the 50meg. Double up put back to possibly next year so gave them a call.
Pointed out to them that 60meg was only £27-50 on their website so why was I paying 40-25 for less speed. They upped me to 60 for 27-50 a month and I have noticed the increase but why do we have to ask for it?

Been a customer for 9 years and practically have to beg for a price reduction even though its' obvious I am paying far more than the current rate for broadband. They are offering up to 100meg for £34-75 a month so how many more chumps like me were/are still paying top whack???

see they have locked us out the "advanced" settings.......:|

What software version Dibbers?

I'm still on V5.5.2R30.

They can't do that surely, it's where the modem mode setting is.

EDIT.

community.virginmedia.com/t5/Fibre-optic-broadband-cable/Cannot-access-Superhub-Advanced-Settings-page/td-p/1323529

Last edited:
Back