virgin double speed

anyone still running surfboards? Mine went bang a long time ago. Anyway i have had a super hub for over a year now and since r30 which im still on my modem is has been rock solid but then again im only using it in "modem only" mode so dont know if that makes a difference. I leave my linksys dd-wrt router to do the rest of the work.

sb5101e :)

im allready on a 60mb line, so they tell me but i only get 30mb wireless didn't think wireless wouls lose so much speed

Last Result:
Download Speed: 28211 kbps (3526.4 KB/sec ) Upload Speed: 2813 kbps (351.6 KB/sec )

im allready on a 60mb line, so they tell me but i only get 30mb wireless didn't think wireless wouls lose so much speed

Last Result:
Download Speed: 28211 kbps (3526.4 KB/sec ) Upload Speed: 2813 kbps (351.6 KB/sec )

Do you get the full 60mb when hard wired though mate as that doesnt sound right!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ffs, the whole reason of me sorting the superhub out, which i done yesterday was so i was ready for the double speed to kick in from july onwards, just had another look and now it says dec-may 2013, lol!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    0 bytes · Views: 22
SNAP . CHANGED FROM JULY

Your speed upgrade is going to take a little longer

We estimate your area will be ready between: December 2012 and May 2013

since iv installed the superhub though im still only getting 20mb download and 2 up, because im on xl shouldnt it be more than that surely, anyone know what i actually should be getting from the xl package!

Do you get the full 60mb when hard wired though mate as that doesnt sound right!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

to be honest i haven't tried it hard wired yet but i will get round to it.

thats better just changed it upto 300 mbps, it was set at 145mbps for some reason.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 57696 kbps (7212 KB/sec ) Upload Speed: 2861 kbps (357.6 KB/sec )

ditto ffs, not impressed now, reason i got 50 meg was for the extra 50 that was coming this month
ffs, the whole reason of me sorting the superhub out, which i done yesterday was so i was ready for the double speed to kick in from july onwards, just had another look and now it says dec-may 2013, lol!

actually im glad its taking much longer to upgrade certain areas, as my sb510e will hopefully last much longer...know wha i mean ?..lol

wonder when bolt will come on the tv to tell us the great news ? or will he tell us after his won the 100 m

Ffs mines saying the same now, its now obvious that virmin were never capable of achieving the target by July so why did they even bother saying they could to begin with? Takes me back to the disaster that was comtel and how long it took them as Ntl to sort anything out, I remember when I ordered 512k from Ntl I think it took nearly 5 months for them to finally install it

Sent from my telephone.

what a mare, clever marketing campain then, they must have new they were never going to be able to come up with the goods, now a lot of people has upgraded expecting the "double speed" and they have us now tied into a contrcat, then when your coming to the end of it they'll be promising the double speeds, all though something is weird, I'm on the 50 meg, and I've been getting 7 - 9 meg downloads on some torrents which is strange.......

i did a crafty way round mine, i lowered mine from 50mb to 30 and got a instant upgrade to 60mb because that had already been done in my area.
result 10mb up and half the price lol

I get speed increase this month but they dont say when, cant wait as im getting top speeds already so will see how much that extra 20Mb/s will make.

if you are on 100mb then I didn't thing they are rolling out 120mb till next year ?

So the double speed will just mean a £10 reduction in your bill.

Back