Mesh system with Superhub 4

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just bought this system at what seemed to be a good price.
I was a bit shocked that the security seals were broken and an ethernet cable is missing but apart from that it seems pretty much unused. The instructions aren't the greatest but I proceeded to install the 1st component to my superhub.
All connected but no internet through it. I've googled to see if my superhub should be put in modem mode to no avail. I could just try and see but iirc there is a bit of a faffle bringing it back to router mode.

Anyone know if modem mode is required or have I just bought a lemon??

Hey @chookey. Was the hub4 that bad ? i live in a 5 level South Facing Terrace and WiFi from Virmin has been spot on,when normal service is being provided 9/10 score , is another £80+ Gbp really needed ? Also 6 peeps using Internet almost 24/7.
I would class us as a heavy use household and dont think a mesh setup is required...Ps i have one just in case ..lol

Hey @chookey. Was the hub4 that bad ? i live in a 5 level South Facing Terrace and WiFi from Virmin has been spot on,when normal service is being provided 9/10 score , is another £80+ Gbp really needed ? Also 6 peeps using Internet almost 24/7.
I would class us as a heavy use household and dont think a mesh setup is required...Ps i have one just in case ..lol
No @Tamarc
My hub 4 is spot on. My property is long though and I have a workshop to the rear. I have wired internet in there but really need my network to extend there.. My router is at the front of the property and has to pass through 4 walls which is where I have placed the 1st satellite piece of the mesh system.
I haven't added the last satellite yet as I probably won't need it. Not totally convinced that I needed it but at the price it seemed a bit of a steal.

Back