Views On The Forum

I just don't get the argument that people aren't allowed to express their opinions here.

It seems to me that the problem lies in the way those opinions are expressed.

Nearly everyone here, it seems to me, totally disagrees with my opinions but I have never been stopped from expressing them.

I think the Admin/Mods do a great job here as i'm a member of loads more sites that when you fart the wrong way you're out the door, but i agree with Allroad that the rant room should get binned as it just leaves the door open for some members to go ballistic with their views on things.I've never felt that i couldn't express my honest opinion on DW and that's what makes it the site it is because otherwise i wouldn't have stayed around to be honest.

:mexican:

Nearly everyone here, it seems to me, totally disagrees with my opinions but I have never been stopped from expressing them.

Maybe so Ham m8, but the Spice Girls are Shit :Hit:

Nearly everyone here, it seems to me, totally disagrees with my opinions but I have never been stopped from expressing them.[/QUOTE]

Guilty I am one of them

You guys do a good job so keep it up, this is the only forum i've only really used so nothing to compare you guys with... be nice to see a female admin/moderator, would be interesting?

Sometimes newbies arn't show how to use the search or not sure what to search for and make a post and ppl are always quick to jump on them and point to the search makin them feel stupid, i'm sure they tried and failed.

As for topics such as religion and so forth may be a debate section could be made, although this is slowly drifting from its hacking roots, weather thats a good/bad thing ..can go in the debate section.

But i'm nitpicking you guys do a good job i'd probarly get power trip and baaannn you allll.

cheers

i think this site is great- the people on here are so helpful at all leves of the forum, i would be total fcuk if it was not for all you's on here,i have asked Q's on nealy all parts of DW,thanks----- iagree with dave.h (lets get back to what this site is great at).

big-ron

Mods are top,

My perception is they are chilled and let certain things pass, Thats fine they are the mods. I like it

And people do bend and manipulate what they write into what they really mean making it more difficult for these guys.

Overall, though i'd rather we didnt turn into a Social Debate forum as there are't enough lefties in here for my liking lol

In the end everyone is so freindly and helpfull when help is asked for outside of the Debate forum lol

have to agree, this is the best site, i used and use a few, even when this site split from another, you know the one i mean. Well they banned me for something i'm still not aware of, a warning would have helped, and then had the cheek to email me asking me if i lost my password, as i had not visited them for a long time!!! Mods here are great, if theres a prob its dealt with in the appropriate manner, thats why theres a lot of happy peeps on this site.

NB This is not aimed at any member in particular...

At the end of the day if you don't like someone's attitude you can always use the ignore option in usercp:

ignore.jpg

The only problem with using this is that some threads may not read correctly, and you may end up duplicating posts with that of the member you've blocked.

I like it here .
Think I'll stick around a bit longer !!!
: colors1

well looks like we (the mods) are doing an ok job from the majority of ppls opinions so far. i have been here for years and have been a mod since a few weeks after i joined and have never had to give a perm ban or any ban lasting longer that 7 days. when a member is given a perm ban its not a decision taken lighty nor is it one taken by a mod on there own . i have seen mods come and go as welll as good and bad members. we have these "disagreements" every so often which i think are good for the forum so lets get it over with and get back to helpin ppl, after all its what we do best here. as for ppl bending over country boy u will have to find scoot....lmao

Maybe this thread should be closed cos its served its purpose.
Lets all get back to what we do best and thats helping each other and generally getting on with each other.We all have our own opionons about everything and quite rightly so but when all said and don this is a hacking forum and all the other additions are a bonus. lets not forget that.
We dont have to have a big love in but we can accept other peoples colour/race/religion/status but what we should not accept is anyones hatered/dishonest/fanatisim or rascisim. we are all after similar things as in sky/cable/games/freeview/phones/trading an want/advice/help/friends/someone to listen, i could go on but when i look down the list of rooms i dont see any that incite any sort of stuff other than friendship. This forum setup by mickied and davidh and run by mods was never intended or should never be allowed to be taken over or used by anyone/anyfaction that incites in anyway shape or form anything which offends anyother member for what ever reason.
ITS A PLACE TO MAKE FRIENDS IF YOU WANT TO MAKE ENIEMIES (DAMM SPELL CHECKER)GO OUT INTO THE REAL WORLD. NOW GET A GRIP EVERYONE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This post is my opinion and not this sites, in no way have i intentionally offended anyone and if you feel i have offended you please accept my sincere apologises.
If you dont agree with me thats your entitlement but i will not respond to any comments re this post (i think lol)
o well best wait for the flak

Last edited:
to be honest, i very rarly visit the forum no more. and this due to the mods!! i feel like ive got to watch everythin i post and then worry for hours if i will get banned due to somebody finding my posts offencive. its a shame that the whole country is like this. once upon a time people said what they felt and there was nothing wrong with that but now i feel i cant even say something about what has happened over the weekend due to getting banned, post delited or even the whole thread delited.

it seems the board mods are even more PC than the goverment. take thompson for example he's well pissed as i am and probably most of the country is, but can we disscuss these things NO. im sure a little word from the mods to change his post would have worked just aswell, if a little more was disscussed and people could get these things off there chest instead of being brushed upder the carpet then people would not feel so much resentment. i understand that this is a hacker forum but why have a news or bitchin room if people cant post there thoughts??

its a fact that most of the current threats/issuses are caused by 'muslims' (shit i know im gonna get banned for that, but hey wtf) and if people cant disscuss this then where are left?? where is the freedom of speech that we love and value gone? do we just pretend it dont happen and live a lie scared of putting your views incase it offends someone. im offended by the PC attitude of this board and the mods who would ban you in an instant for having different view than them.

thompson has my full support for being returned but will that happen, i doubt it cause to many 'muslims' have been offended, well thats tough maybe they should stop this shit happening and then no comments would be made.

yes you will always get new members but thats not the point, and thats why i rarly vist and post anymore..................

I agree with this .i read posts but wont express my honest opinion for fear of being banned.
Our country was attacked for the first time i can recollect, emotions were and are running high in Scotland.
Thompson (i dont know much of him) was out of line as in this world you cant be honest anymore even when your nation is under attack and when you have previously been warned how long does a warning stand?
when i was supervisor a warning generally was 6 or 12 months then discarded.
I do feel a liitle sympathy on this front.
On saying this i absoloutelly love this site i have learnt so much and generally am here every day although my post count aint high as peeps are so quick to answer posts and i dont post just for the hell of it .

On a quick look and count out of 74 post 12 were by mods 25 by elite and dw guru members and 37 by ordinary members as members posted more than once only about 50 people posted, as most of them were Mods and elite members, we are left with just a few members out of 19,000+ to pass a comment,
What does this tell us

1, We are happy with the site ?
2, We are afraid of being banned so we say nothing?
3, who cares we are just here to leech?

I go back to comment #56 and vote for that

On a quick look and count out of 74 post 12 were by mods 25 by elite and dw guru members and 37 by ordinary members as members posted more than once only about 50 people posted, as most of them were Mods and elite members, we are left with just a few members out of 19,000+ to pass a comment,
What does this tell us

1, We are happy with the site ?
2, We are afraid of being banned so we say nothing?
3, who cares we are just here to leech?

I go back to comment #56 and vote for that

4.The others could'nt be arsed to comment?

I would like to suggest that those who think that opinion is being stifled take a look through some of the controversial threads.

I have been here for a few weeks now and i have enjoyed every min of it i think the mods / admin and members do a really good job keeping this forum tip top and i dont have any problem's with the forum i hope to be here for a long time to come :)

lol....

everyone who say they are fear of being banned for an honest opinion are having a laugh and a half!

There is enough lee-way in this forum for right wing sentiments, hell it seems to be the majority sometimes...but that ok as its modded well?

But for people to cry about being in fear of banning for there honest opinion LOL LOL...basically i take this as some have far right disturbing opinions.

Last edited:
Back