Views On The Forum

JimmyP

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
please post away honest opinions ie rules and are the mods to strict that kind off thing

Last edited:
The new look on the homepage is ok, i prefer it the old style, Thanks

The new look on the homepage is ok, i prefer it the old style, Thanks

cheers faisal what i mean is are we a bad forum are we too strict that kind off thing mate cheers

What new look? lol seen a few comments about the new look but it looks the same for me? im on the main style. Still...all looks good and easy to use.

EDIT::

Ohh right that kind of view lol. I think.....

best forum on the net, i use a few but this one i stick to.
members are great
Admin/mod are great
not too strict but not too easy either. Needs to be rules to keep the forum going. Otherwise the powers that be will shut us down.

Last edited:
i think the forum is great, noone is strict around here, at least every1 gets a chance, on a different forum u just get banned, newbies just post clock, and some people give out illegal download links, and when they get warned they start crying.

also you get loads of help from every1

Last edited:
I can't believe I have stayed around so long.

There are so many great people on here who go out of their way to help others.

I was amazed, when I first came to this site, to find - unlike some other places - that there were very few snide comments and put downs and that, when there were, members would jump in and stick up for people.

I think it's brilliant that the mods manage to mantain the helpful and friendly atmosphere here.

I think some mods get things wrong, I think some mods have an anger problem, I think some mods think they are bigger than this forum and its members, I think some mods say things they shouldnt.

I also think some members are not able to make a sensible protest or disagree without making things worse.

I would love it if we could openly discuss politics, religion, racism, crime, Political correctness, minorities, bad modding, and much more but yes I fully agree that there has to be rules to try and keep everyone in check.

At this moment I feel mods here are not modded, thats my honest opinion.

What new look? lol seen a few comments about the new look but it looks the same for me? im on the main style. Still...all looks good and easy to use.

Homepage has changed mate. Just juggled things about a bit.

And on Jimmyp's subject, I feel the site is really well run and the admin/mods do have a difficult job to try and seperate their own personal feelings on subjects and to try and be the spin doctors on heated posts I.e. look at the big picture on all points of view? It can be easy for a mod to ban a member when directly involved in a debate but I don't feel this happens. It's either through peoples stupidity (Slander) or continually breaking the rules.

I have seen in the past week or so a ban being overturned after a mods re-consideration.

Overall this is an excellent site that gets busier by the day and that in itself make the admin/mods job more difficult? We all try and do our bit to keep this the best forum on the web but there will always be those who come to spam, cause ill feeling and just clock up crap posts to download. That's part and parcel of a forum though.

I cant think of anybody being banned without prior warning, so with that in mind, I think Admin/Mods are on avarage, very fair?

I think the mods are some of the most useful members on the site, in nearly every single thread a mod has replied, i think they keep peace a DW, if they wasnt there then every thread would start like f*Ck

I think some mods get things wrong, I think some mods have an anger problem, I think some mods think they are bigger than this forum and its members, I think some mods say things they shouldnt.

I also think some members are not able to make a sensible protest or disagree without making things worse.

I would love it if we could openly discuss politics, religion, racism, crime, Political correctness, minorities, bad modding, and much more but yes I fully agree that there has to be rules to try and keep everyone in check.

At this moment I feel mods here are not modded, thats my honest opinion.

Have to agree here, also seems to be a clan of members who try and influence certain mods and it works, a mod should be neutral seems some are not

I think there is only one moderator I have come across that is too harsh and on a major power trip. Administration should consider taking away moderating status to these people. After all they are jepordising the community. If members feel like these people can powertrip all over the place they will go elsewhere.

Suggestion :- mods that hand out bans all the time must now get a second opinion before they take action must agree before any ban or punishment is handed out.

This is turning from a community into a dictatorship!

If any mod or admin wants to know who I am talking about - PM me. I wont post the member here as they have helped a lot of people in the past and despite of the recent trouble dont deserve to be named.

Level headedness and problem solving is needed as a moderating skill - judgement is not.

thanks for thread.

In the main the mods and admin are very fair i believe. A few of the other forums mods ban you for anything they don't personnaly agree with and don't allow any open discussion.

Although in the last week or so there does seem to be quite a few holidays being given out. In fact i've seen more given out these 2 weeks than over the last 2 years i been here?

i have joined a lot of forums over the last few years and i can proudly say this forum has the best mods on the net!!!

you lot have rules and if people cannot stick by them then they will get what they deserved!!

however i do think recent real life events may have led to somebodys lifetime ban and i personally feel he should have another chance!! i felt what he said was out of rage and anger but still was not acceptable. however i think it should be made clear to them that there are on a final warning...

i think mod should look at the circumstances and do there best to avoid a lifetime ban. especially for long serving members...

however back to the point- our mods are the best and this reflects the success of the forum.. everyone makes mistakes but mods will get more grief if they make one as people tend to forget what mods have done for this forum!!

I would love this too but unfortunately too many people just end up ranting.

What's the point of a debate if people just state opinions without going into how their ideas/views on a subject would make a difference, be better than some other way, etc.

i dont think your strict at all, ive been around on many forums and theres some really bad mods on other sites, my only gripe is sometimes mods side with people they consider mates against other members, mates or not.. mods shouldnt choose sides based on friendship, if a member is wrong then they are wrong.

ive been here years and ive seen meaningless bans on members just because they had a disagreement with a member and then a mod has jumped in and sided with that member and on many of these occasions the member who got banned or flamed was in the right and the mate of a mod was in the wrong,

also certain people get away with more than others on here.

but apart from that you lot are not that bad and its not all of you that do it.

general running and post spotting is ok, general punishment is ok aswell ive seen you give 48hr bans for what on other forums would be a perm ban,

so my only gripe is that sometimes the mates thing gets in the way of honest fair moderating.

also i suppose in addition some of the site moderator choices baffle me but i dont make the choices and i suppose in the same way not all members get along theres going to be the same with regards to mods.

all in all though the mods on here are sometimes too fair so i for one dont think you guys are doing a bad job infact as far as mods go your the easiest going ive come across.

A lot of other forums are a lot less tolerant than the mods/admin on here. I have never had any problems with them but then I dont think I have broken any rules, but generally I think they do a great job.

Personally I dont think its for us to decide if a mod is on a power trip, thats for the mod room and admin to decide, we dont elect mods, they are chosen in the backroom so therefore they are responsible for their behavior, which imho is fine.

I would love this too but unfortunately too many people just end up ranting.

What's the point of a debate if people just state opinions without going into how their ideas/views on a subject would make a difference, be better than some other way, etc.

Well this is posted in the rant room, and you have to remember not everyone swallows a dictionary for breakfast and may find it difficult to express views especially when they are angry and frustrated, we should be more understanding instead of shouting racist at every opportunity

im happy! have had a lot of help from mods in the past, if rules are broken and mods turn a blind eye as others have said the forum would be closed down eh?

like is said in a few post on other forums u would be ban for far less now u only get ban on here if u really and repeatedly push the buttons now how in god's name thats unfair or mod power trips

i've only ever seen the mods step in when someone is being out of order, which is what they're there for :)

Back