urgent help needed

MFCGMFC

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey all

could some1 point me in the direction of a tut on how to flash a dm600pvr-s for use in a caravan for use with satellites i aint doen a dreambox before onlli starviews but relli need 2 get this done asap cause i am goin on holiday 2 morrow

it came with a null modem cable so i take it it can be flashed via rs232 connection

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

hey all

could some1 point me in the direction of a tut on how to flash a dm600pvr-s for use in a caravan for use with satellites i aint doen a dreambox before onlli starviews but relli need 2 get this done asap cause i am goin on holiday 2 morrow

it came with a null modem cable so i take it it can be flashed via rs232 connection

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

just follow the tut for flashing in the dm600c secion on here flash gemini 3.6 on and your done :) flashing is just a case of using the web interface takes two min or so m8 :)

cheers

osborne82

when i try to connect to the dreambox in the command prompt i just get connection failed

Even if you flash the image with the null-serial lead, once you have the Gemini image on you may still need to get it set up on your network anyway -so that you can use the blue button to install your choice of cam emulator and any other addons that you want to use.

Sorry i replied as you did.
Are you using Dreamup software to load the image by null-modem cable? Or do you already have it set up on your network but are getting this error?

the dreambox is connected to my router just now and i have the ip address i am using the

Dreambox 600PVR Flashing & Startup Guide

at the top of the dreambox section

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i just want to flash it so it will work and my mate can watch tv throo do i need these add ons?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i have set the cam to evocam 2.14 but i aint gettin any channels its saying service could not be found

i take it it needs to be hooked up to a satellite before i would get any channels throo it it wont work with cable?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

you are gonna have to scan a satellite/s in to view anything, and if you have a dish motorised on the caravan download mgcamd 1.24 from the blue button on the remote and keys.

Tequilla-Premiere open on 19east
Tps-Multivision-Polsat on 13east

If its a fixed dish you are only going to get the fta channels on 28 east

If you are only looking to get free-to-air channels then you wont need a cam loaded, but then you wouldnt need to flash it either- you could have just used the original firmware for a free-to-air pvr receiver afaik.
i just want to flash it so it will work and my mate can watch tv throo do i need these add ons?
Cheers
MFCGAVMFC
The addons will be to use an official card or to get the foreign packages on different sats using a motorised dish, or other various things a dreambox is capable of.

he wants the box so he can get as many channels as possible not sure if its motorised or not got it now i had it on my tv and at the top of the screen the names of the channels were coming up as i went up and down so i took it that that was it workin so i sent it back to him n he said that this works with sky is that correct?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Hi
i would assume you got it working for him,youve got channels on thats the main thing, so now the fun can begin, ive been playing around with these things for about 6 months and things are still bewildering , the units can do all sorts of things, its a cracking little toy, have fun with it , dont let it get you down, you seem to be getting there,
mine nearly went in the bin, but now sitting back with a smile, (still bewildered though)
Regards Boris

Back