urgent help needed

MFCGMFC

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey all

could some1 point me in the direction of a tut to flash the dm600-s pvr i aint done one before its for a mate who cant get it running its for use in his caravan

cheers
MFCGAVMFC

looked at that but didnt think it was it thanks i will go n try it then cheers

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I have a cable box but I do not think it matters what image you use for cable or satellite but if you have satellite than you need to make sure that you have a copy of the satellite.xml file. I usually use the web interface method as I find that much quicker than anything else.

where do i get this satellite.xml file and can i not flash this via the rs232 connection?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

it says dm600pvr-c on that section but on this box it says dm600pvr-s does the s not make any difference?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

it says dm600pvr-c on that section but on this box it says dm600pvr-s does the s not make any difference?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

makes no differecne at all m8 just follow the guide to flashing the dm600 and alls good id recomend the gemini3.6 image very nice once installed theres a sat.xml in there so u should be ok

cheers
osborne82

when tryin to connect to it throo the command prompt i get connection failed it came up a different port number from the one on the dreambox settings screen so i changed the one on the dreambox to the same as the pc but still nothing checked the ip address its fine i aint made any mistakes rellli bangin my head against a brick wall

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

when tryin to connect to it throo the command prompt i get connection failed it came up a different port number from the one on the dreambox settings screen so i changed the one on the dreambox to the same as the pc but still nothing checked the ip address its fine i aint made any mistakes rellli bangin my head against a brick wall

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Hi are you using dream up if so don,t worry about your ip use crossover cable press connect hopefully you will get a connection try all the coms port there are other way to flash but little complicated***

how do i ftp the files over to the box i am at the point where it says ftp the etc and usr dir over to the dreambox dir- overwrite everythng if prompted how do i ftp them over?

Back