VU+ Solo x solo mini (dead red light fix) help!!!!

thecobra

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi got myself a x solo mini and i flashed the latest openvix-Apollo.054-vusolo_usb
i rebooted it started to load into image with openvix and it stuk on the VIX spinner just spinning around
and was going anywhere, i rebooted receiver again, now i have a red light and it aint booting up.

tryed recovering it with BlackHole-1.7.9-vusolo-usb on usb stick nothing happens,
i also have tryed vu-util_v2.0.1 with the null cable that came with the box, comes up with error
1. extract image
2. put it in cfe mode

i have also tryed vu solo recovery tools renewaes solo,renewflash, ERASE126.exe, cfe_solo_2.0
does not do anything, the instuction says it needs a rs232 board which i dont have , is this needed?

hope someone can help me please

thanks

hi got myself a x solo mini and i flashed the latest openvix-Apollo.054-vusolo_usb
i rebooted it started to load into image with openvix and it stuk on the VIX spinner just spinning around
and was going anywhere, i rebooted receiver again, now i have a red light and it aint booting up.

tryed recovering it with BlackHole-1.7.9-vusolo-usb on usb stick nothing happens,
i also have tryed vu-util_v2.0.1 with the null cable that came with the box, comes up with error
1. extract image
2. put it in cfe mode

i have also tryed vu solo recovery tools renewaes solo,renewflash, ERASE126.exe, cfe_solo_2.0
does not do anything, the instuction says it needs a rs232 board which i dont have , is this needed?

hope someone can help me please

thanks

The Rs232 board switches over the pinouts from a null cable you need it, you could make your own.

If this then does not cure the red light then you may me able to recover by jtag.

thanks for reply, i made a cable with pin 6 to pin 2 , pin 4 to pin 3, pin 5 to pin 5, gnd to gnd
but that didnt work either i dont know how to make a rs232 board, can someone lend me it?
if i can jtag what are the tools for this and what jtag adapter do i need
thanks

thanks for reply, i made a cable with pin 6 to pin 2 , pin 4 to pin 3, pin 5 to pin 5, gnd to gnd
but that didnt work either i dont know how to make a rs232 board, can someone lend me it?
if i can jtag what are the tools for this and what jtag adapter do i need
thanks

Jtag need Broadcom studio and a cypress board

Not for the Solo but this will give you and idea

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/cloud-ibox-satellite-receivers-659/397598-how-jtag-your-ibox.html

But id stick with the rs232 option for now there is a diagram on here to make one i just carn't seem to find it.

Oh we'll might as well just smash them up with a sledge hammer lol

whats the best option then?
anyone on the forums can they replace the Flash IC if i can get hold of it?
or can someone jtag it for me?

hi,
I do have a simular prob with my x solo mini. I use vusoloflash-by-jtag.bin with the following result in the bootlog by HT:

BCM73250010
K1
K2

K3

K4

K5

Shmoo Version=3.6
DDR Freq=0x0000018E
%00000001%
G=00000000 R=00000000 W=00000000 00000020
K6
F
Can anyone help me or has an idea about the correct bootloader?
At least I got any output on the bootlo. Befor there was nothing at all seriell dead usb dead. If I try to load an image via usb it just blinced twice and nothing more.
Any help would be fine.
greetz
bibo

Hi folks,
no help in the Forum aviable? I need to know what the Hyperterminal bootlog means, does it means, that the Bootloader is ok? Whould be very nice for any help.
Thanks in advance.
bibo

I think I could extract cloud ibox bootloader. Seems it is the same box. Or you can search the web for cloud ibox bootloader.

hi jack100,
thanks for Your reply. If I remember me wright the first cloud iBox needs the Vu+solo bootloader?
Does the bootlog above anything telling to You? If I search for cloud iBox Bootloader I only ret results
for cloud iBoxII or III.

Last edited:
I do have the same problem. just at red light when booting....almost nothing shows in the putty terminal when hocked up with null modem kabel. have ordered an JTAG cypress board from ebay. but I do need the bootloader cfe file for this box. x solo mini lonrisun. If I dont find it, could I use the vu+ solo bootloader file? I would be very intrested in any files concerning my box "x solo mini"

Lic1fer123,
I still could not solve the problem. I tried to rewrite bootloader, tested everyone for vusolo. I was able to write them, but without success. The maximunm I could get was some hyroglives on the hypeterminal output, nothing more.
Would be interesting what You will get after You test Your cypress board.
Please keep me informed.
greetz

I do have the same problem. just at red light when booting....almost nothing shows in the putty terminal when hocked up with null modem kabel. have ordered an JTAG cypress board from ebay. but I do need the bootloader cfe file for this box. x solo mini lonrisun. If I dont find it, could I use the vu+ solo bootloader file? I would be very intrested in any files concerning my box "x solo mini"

The Ferrari Solo CFE should work via jtag.

hi Ferret,
thanks for replay. Should it work even if there is a Lonrison security chip in it?

hi Ferret,
I just load the cfe_cfe. bin for solo to the X solo mini (with cyprus mini board)with success, but after that i could not load the BH_image for the x solo mini from a USB, just a flash on the usb finish. Is it possible to program via 0-modem cable and the USB adapter to the secret chip?

Last edited:
hi Ferret,
I just load the cfe_cfe. bin for solo to the X solo mini (with cyprus mini board)with success, but after that i could not load the BH_image for the x solo mini from a USB, just a flash on the usb finish. Is it possible to program via 0-modem cable and the USB adapter to the secret chip?

If you flash the Ferrari cfe then you need to use a Ferrari solo image.

You could recover the cfe on Ferrari clones using the nul cable adapter but not sure abouts the x solo.

wow that was quick, thank You for the answer, I`ll just try and let You know.

thanks for the answers!
Bibo: haven´t got the cypress board yet but where is the JTAG interface located on the PCB(x solo mini)?
Ferret: Is the ferrari cfe bootloader uploaded on this site? =) otherwise where could I find it?
just for info, current image on the box before meltdown.... OpenPLI 4, kernel version 3.1.1
Enigma: 2014-03-29

Back