Unmoddable Wii's??

Infectus say 1 week?

It'll be 3/4 lol

any update on this as of yet.???

just modded my sisters wii....

serial leh185

no go with backups......the drive spins up...stops...spins up...stops...then get the message unable to read disk...also some wierd eject problems......

cheers chris

D2Pro have confirmed that the new chip they are releasing defeats this protection.

looks like ill have to wait for the infectus team to supply an update for the argon....do you sell proggys highlander.?? just in case i need one....

cheers chris

update from infectus ref argon....

Don't worry guys...

Is questions of days not weeks... I think before end next week all ARGONS users will have their FIRMWARE for D2C2...

And the GOOD news we will release it for ALL argons in the market, not like D2PRO that ask to buy a new modchip and an update for the old D2PRO SPI 9 WIRES will not be release imediately...

This is the most advantage of ARGON now, use stock in your hands instead buy more stock and lose $$$ on old D2PRO that cannot be updated

Be patients, we will reach target too!

BYE

s there still no definitive way to tell whether the drive is moddable or not ?

Got a LEH 185 here with single line of writing, tried a Wii clip with DC2Pro and no joy ? (first time trying a clip)

Is it worth trying a soldered argon ??

hi there, with the clip in place, do you sometimes get wired drive problems.??
disk comes out half way then goes back in....disk comes all the way out then gets sucked back in....??
doesnt do this all the time just occasionaly...i think it takes longer to read originals aswell.....you can hear the drive spin up then i think it slows then speeds up again...not sure now
i think this is the only way to tell if its not playing backups....with unmoddable wii and argon 1.8

cheers chris

It just does not read a backup. Plays origs fine. Spins up on both fine, i also get 2 leds on the d2ckey which come on for a second when powering on wii, a red and green, this is with the clip fully clipped in, they do not flash when disc spinning up though..

i am able to get them to flash when disc spinning by just holding the clip on lightly.

think i will wait for new argon f/w.

ust read on another site which also had pics that you can determine whether you have a new D2C2 chipset by the drive spindle.

According to that i have the old D2C chipset, i have now tried 2 Wiiclips with no success.

Is the new Argon 9 wire f/w now confirmed ? and how can i check whether my Argons are compatible ?

Cheers

the drive spindles dictates diddly squit.......

i have a newer wii unmoddable with old type spindle.....

i think the new 9 wire argon firmware requires the spi flash rom....you can normaly tell if it has the 8 pin smd chip in the corner...well i think thats the case...

Don't think mine are compatible then. They are the pink dot ones and at the bottom rhs there are 8 pin solder point connections but no chip in place.

yes that gap is for you to add an spi chip if needed, as they can be bought seperately.

spiflasharg.gif

CHeers for that, mine are deffo without then.

Just tried an Argon on that Wii and still no joy, originals boot fine but not backups, ble light if flickering away and soldering looks good.

Where can i source those chips from, any idea ?

Thanks

Also on the Infectus website it states that the new f/w is compatible with ACTEL A3P250 and this is whatvi have on my Argons, there is no mention of the other spi chip ?

Also every reseller i look at has the same pic as mine for the spi 9 wire chip ??

Last edited:
Back