Public Transport in the North East

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score
This is why people don't like to use it:

Not sure if the "Momentum" protester clowns had anything to do with the increased numbers but...

Did my food shopping in Newcastle earlier and the driver decided to let well over the insurance limit of people on the bus over the next few stops including Gateshead Interchance. This photo doesn't show it all, as that woman in the purple is blocking the view of other people at the front. Notice that people here are so fucking thick that they can't open the windows. Some were open but most weren't on the whole lower deck.

Bus.jpg

Time comes to get off, I press the bell, everyone just does their little glance behind them like it has nothing to do with them that you need to pass by. The part of the bus that has the stairs, cab and luggage rack at the front has twelve people packed into it (you can't see because of the woman in purple). How am I supposed to get through that? With my weekly shopping... Been in this undignified situation a few times. I want to be able to get on and off buses without having to uncomfortably drag myself past people on both sides of my person.

I politely asked the bloke who's hand you can see on the pole nearest to excuse me. Then, I loudly said "Excuse me please!" to everyone packing the aisle, and they moved but the bit by the stairs was another issue. There was some old codger at the bottom of the stairs who hadn't heard so I raised my voice again, he shifted, but, I had to barge through the people on each side. They do that sucking the stomach thing in, oblivious to the fact it doesn't really help at all. It's like some sort of token gesture stupid people do.

I felt some shoes beneath mine as I shoved my way through. Some clown near the door said "You're getting off then?" and I replied "I'll be going off it..." before giving him a good staring at (he looked away and went quiet). How am I supposed to get through a 6" gap between people? I'd rather get arrested for crushing people out of the way than try to slide past some possible frotteur.

I then said "Cheers for a totally unpleasant experience." to the driver and I'm sure he said "Enjoy." or something like that.

This happens a lot, that area between the stairs and the luggage area when drivers dangerously load the bus with passengers. So, Nexus, GoNorth, I hope you find this post. I can supply the time I got on the bus so you can identify the driver and review the CCTV to determine if the bus was overloaded.

Back