[Tutorial] New way to do 250s

adam

Inactive User
Reaction score
View attachment 34401

hi all this is an new way to do unmodified 250s (i cant seem to restore original firmware to infinate modems at the mo) it should defeat snmp attacks but not the mac blacklisting so you'll need a good one. apologies for the txt format if you need pics. also i've typed it up quickly from memory so if anythings wrong just let me know and i'll update it

Last edited:
looks intresting will try this when I pick up a unmoded 250
I take it wil work on 255`s as well

one question anyneed to set frequences for diferent arears ?

hi m8 going to have a go at to see if i can do it thanks
his this for the one that has been Bricked m8

only need to set freqs if they arent already for your area, i will update if this is an issue
sorry this isnt for bricked modems as i haven't manged to get from infinite firmware back to original yet -tho i suspect this will be acheived soon
ps yes this will work on 255's
regards

Can you use hideki's tool or the 250 configurator with this?

I suspect not but hopefuly theres a way.

cool i dont have 1 with original firmware but maybe someone could pm me if they could unbrick a 250 for me. Then i could give this a go

i have the same problem aint got a unmodified 250 but will try and get hold of one to use this cheers adam

@ hatchet theres no need mate, but it can be done in a similar way, problem is i dont know where they store the 2nd mac using that method,which really needs to be changed as the modem loads ipstacks 1 and 2 and comes up with funny messages like this:

CM/IpHal> 0x00070314 ['IpHa' id=0x807c7ea0] BcmForwarder::AddImpl: (DOCSIS Forwarder) WARNING - A CPE (IP Stack2) is attempting to hijack the MAC address for IP Stack1! Thwarting the villian's malicious plot...
CM/IpHal> 0x000725d8 ['IpHa' id=0x807c7ea0] BcmForwarder::AddImpl: (DOCSIS Forwarder) WARNING - A CPE (IP Stack2) is attempting to hijack the MAC address for IP Stack1! Thwarting the villian's malicious plot..

?? :) ??

Last edited:
is it just for unmodified 250s or can it be used with infinite already on??

its right at the top of the thread no need to repeat it, lets stop spoonfeeding the newbies please

its right at the top of the thread no need to repeat it, lets stop spoonfeeding the newbies please

Who's spoonfeeding him????
I read rotok's post as if he was asking if he could change from infinite firmware to avoid brickage. He didn't say his modem was bricked.
This seamed a sensible post to me.

As for "newbie" he's been a member for 2 years longer than you mate.

Curly

sorry, its just he asked whether he could use it on modems with inifinite software on, and the obvious answer is no. because if its got infinite on their its obviously modified, so if he read the opening post, it says quite clearly for unmodified modems?

i dont see what your problem is? why repeat whats already been said.

is it just for unmodified 250s or can it be used with infinite already on??

from reading the post mate it for a 250 or 255 thats hasnt been altered from as it comes from virgin or ntl.

i think your real question needed to be.

can i reflash a 250 back to virgin untouched fw if it has infinite on the modem and the modem HASNT been bricked.

obviousley you can ask the opposite of the above question

can i reflash a 250 back to virgin untouched fw if it has infinite on the modem and the modem HAS been bricked.

so mate to your original question it would be hard to answer for me as i only no one aswer of the last 2 questions.

if any one can clear this up and get it out of the way it would be cool for some peeps. and me too

thx

ok before any1 else jump on the bandwagon to retaliate or start flaming lets nip this in the butt ther been enough bickering in the last few dayz... adam has just giving u guys an alternative way of doing ur 250 dont mock it up...
they will always be newbies who arnt as clued up as some of us but that why we are here to help those who r less knowledgeable than us even if it means sometimes spoon feeding until they get it, @ lease thats what i thought being on DW was all about! not being sarcastic and flaming each other if we dont like what some1 has posted, likes been happening lately!!!!

now rotok this is not any good to u!!!! this is away to change the mac and changing the config file on an untouch unmodd 250-255, webstar, 5101 without actually changing the original firmware that came on the modem and since urs been flash already with the infinte firmware it wont be any use to u as u already can change ur setting on the modem via telnet, so to use u will need to flash back the original ntl firmware on ur modem then use this... hope clairs it up for u

Thanks for clearing things up for peeps gentlex ;)

Do you know how to flash origional firmware back without a willem or similar?

:)

Last edited:

ok it was a bit of a dumb question ,but it still doesnt give u the right to be nasty to members of the forum.If anyone is a newbie .. then its you, with that answer that you gave me.

Back