[Tutorial] New way to do 250s

you've got to press p to get the bootloader menu, u just dont press d after it, you press g

but what i mean is on an infinite flashed modem, press p, then d and reflash the original 250 dump then reboot modem and continue as per guide.txt

Does this defo work?

you've got to press p to get the bootloader menu, u just dont press d after it, you press g

but what i mean is on an infinite flashed modem, press p, then d and reflash the original 250 dump then reboot modem and continue as per guide.txt

but good news at last heh... the bloody LEDs finally work lol

cant do it on an infinite flashed modem has to be an unmodded one :)

cant do it on an infinite flashed modem has to be an unmodded one :)

but surely u can unmod it by reflashing the original firmware back on?

bollox to it, im gonna try on my clone, rather than make assumptions lol, soon find out, i got a subbed modem incase LOL

Does this defo work?
it works but mine did stop responding after about an hour so im gonna change the mac as i think its that. but ill let u know when i have changed it how long it lasts......

bollox to it, im gonna try on my clone, rather than make assumptions lol, soon find out, i got a subbed modem incase LOL

bugger i cant, i have no bootloader.... anyone know how to restore a bootloader on a 250?

you need the modem to have the original firmware on it.

i had a spare so i used that unmodded one

if you can flash back to original firmware it would work.

but mine did go off still after a while........ but im gonna change mac on it as i think its a bad mac

hi solster, in theory you are correct but for the life of me i cant get it to work, i had that dump from you and took my own using softjtag but it just didnt go to plan dont know why but id guess it'll be solved soon

@ whoever asked, the snmp queries return all the date in the snmp folder, if you go to cd n\snmp and press ? (question mark ) it will show you the various options, type one of them to see the response stored - on infinite most of the responses mention infinite-some of these you can change but the important ones you can't
clear as mud now? :)

ps this new method wont help with help with the logging of bad macs, just snmp but as telnet isnt enabled maybe they cant brick them? it may be an idea to change the telnet user/pass bt not enable it

@ whoever asked, the snmp queries return all the date in the snmp folder, if you go to cd n\snmp and press ? (question mark ) it will show you the various options, type one of them to see the response stored - on infinite most of the responses mention infinite-some of these you can change but the important ones you can't
clear as mud now? :)

ps this new method wont help with help with the logging of bad macs, just snmp but as telnet isnt enabled maybe they cant brick them? it may be an idea to change the telnet user/pass bt not enable it

how would you change the telnet pass m8?

hi nick i dont recall at the mo but i'll check soon

depend what bytes get wrote i guess?

hi solster, in theory you are correct but for the life of me i cant get it to work, i had that dump from you and took my own using softjtag but it just didnt go to plan dont know why but id guess it'll be solved soon

im gonna have a play about with mine and see what happens mate, hopefully it will help.

depend what bytes get wrote i guess?

dunno, just try and hope lol i got a 5100 that linked is put the pins on for me so wont be too much lost if it knackeres, will just have to learn how to lift the chips lol

its nice to say thanks to me adam i give you info on the orig fw and told you what i know you go and design it yeh fair play well done for that but you have to admit the info i gave you obviously made you decide that it was a good idea to do and now you get all the credit and noone has even said a little thanks to me now next time i know more info mate i wont even post here to any of ya if i at least got mentioned it would have been nice even just a thankd to mr d for having the idea of designing a shelled orig fw with a few bits of info that made me decide to do it and that may possibly help in the future but no all credit to urself and think thats bang out of order mate

its nice to say thanks to me adam i give you info on the orig fw and told you what i know you go and design it yeh fair play well done for that but you have to admit the info i gave you obviously made you decide that it was a good idea to do and now you get all the credit and noone has even said a little thanks to me now next time i know more info mate i wont even post here to any of ya if i at least got mentioned it would have been nice even just a thankd to mr d for having the idea of designing a shelled orig fw with a few bits of info that made me decide to do it and that may possibly help in the future but no all credit to urself and think thats bang out of order mate

Oh for gods sake shut up.
You're acting like a 3yr old.

nah mate i wont coz i pmd everything i had found out accross to adam and its out of order

well it doesnt matter who created who got credit whatever at the end of the day most people have got summit out of it just enjoy while it last after all it is free

Back