[Tutorial] New way to do 250s

ok it was a bit of a dumb question ,but it still doesnt give u the right to be nasty to members of the forum.If anyone is a newbie .. then its you, with that answer that you gave me.
like i said IN MY PREVIOUS POST!!!

ok before any1 else jump on the bandwagon to retaliate or start flaming lets nip this in the butt

Do you know how to flash origional firmware back without a willem or similar?
:)
i think jay210 is the man to answer that question as i dont have a willem but should have 1 soon

Last edited:
ok before any1 else jump on the bandwagon to retaliate or start flaming lets nip this in the butt ther been enough bickering in the last few dayz... adam has just giving u guys an alternative way of doing ur 250 dont mock it up...
they will always be newbies who arnt as clued up as some of us but that why we are here to help those who r less knowledgeable than us even if it means sometimes spoon feeding until they get it, @ lease thats what i thought being on DW was all about! not being sarcastic and flaming each other if we dont like what some1 has posted, likes been happening lately!!!!
now rotok this is not any good to u!!!! this is away to change the mac and changing the config file on an untouch unmodd 250-255, webstar, 5101 without actually changing the original firmware that came on the modem and since urs been flash already with the infinte firmware it wont be any use to u as u already can change ur setting on the modem via telnet, so to use u will need to flash back the original ntl firmware on ur modem then use this... hope clairs it up for u

thanks mate ;)

do we after use solar winds tftp server
can i use tftpd32 instead
u can use tftpd32 sever
Can you use hideki's tool or the 250 configurator with this?
I suspect not but hopefuly theres a way.
u can use hideki after u finish flashing by disconnecting hyperterminal when the scaning starts and run the ambit tool and use the serial connection and write ur settings but u cant use the 250 configurator

ive done the flash ..with tftp32d server
i also noticed that the command ...type mac_address 1 (followed by your good
mac ie aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff) (enter) i get an error message

but this is what i get is in hyper after ive flashed it
RNG-RSP Adj: tim=0 power=22 freq=0 Stat=Continue
RNG-RSP Adj: tim=0 power=22 freq=0 Stat=Abort
Logging event: Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - Re- initializing MAC
Logging event: No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
RNG-RSP Adj: tim=1813 power=68 freq=0 Stat=Continue

any ideas....

As I don't have a rar viewer on this computer, can somebody explain the benefits of this "new way" please?
What is it.. a complete new firmware or what?

ive done it so far so good!

the benefits would be that it will work mate :)

any ideas....

type cd \ first then type cd h\n then your macs :)

@hethemlrijk i think when vm detect your modem they will no you got ininite software on there, whitch they no will be a clone, this software will just make it harder to detect (i think)

Last edited:
any ideas....
try copying annd pasting whole thing like this

cd /non
cd halif
mac_address 1 aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff (change to a valid MAC)
cd ../docsis
enable bpi true
enable force_cfgfile true
dhcp_settings

then press enter or u could try the ambit tool with serial connected right after u loaded the firmware

try copying annd pasting whole thing like this
cd /non
cd halif
mac_address 1 aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff (change to a valid MAC)
cd ../docsis
enable bpi true
enable force_cfgfile true
dhcp_settings
then press enter or u could try the ambit tool with serial connected right after u loaded the firmware

thanks it goes in with that but i still get this
RNG-RSP Adj: tim=0 power=18 freq=0 Stat=Continue
RNG-RSP Adj: tim=0 power=18 freq=0 Stat=Abort

congradulations mate, excellent contribution to the forum!

ive read thru the posts and the guide.txt, this is a "pre-emptive" question as ive gotta lift my chip on my bricked modem to flash the original firmware on it....

but what exactly is the 5101e.bin file? i see its not the usual 2mb so im guessing its an upgrade file? so that we still see the original ntl http files? and does this mean that the LEDs will actually work!? lol

as for others asking about flashing the original firmware on a NON bricked modem in order to replace the infinite firmware. i would imagine u could just do exactly the same (press p, use tftp) and simply select the original 250 dump which is available on this site, reboot modem, and then follow adam's guide. maybe gentlex or someone can confirm this? but i dont see why it wouldnt work.

and well done again mate.

mines just gone off again via this method
think its the mac tho

Oh dear.....

Keep us posted Nikko, hope the MAC change fixes it.....

as for others asking about flashing the original firmware on a NON bricked modem in order to replace the infinite firmware. i would imagine u could just do exactly the same (press p, use tftp) and simply select the original 250 dump which is available on this site, reboot modem, and then follow adam's guide. maybe gentlex or someone can confirm this? but i dont see why it wouldnt work.

I thought of that but in the thread I was reading it said if dumped with willem you had to flash it back with willem. Suppose it's because it's a full dump and not an upgrade file.....

:)

Last edited:
ive read thru the posts and the guide.txt, this is a "pre-emptive" question as ive gotta lift my chip on my bricked modem to flash the original firmware on it....
but what exactly is the 5101e.bin file? i see its not the usual 2mb so im guessing its an upgrade file? so that we still see the original ntl http files? and does this mean that the LEDs will actually work!? lol

I'd be interested in trying to flash from infinite back to original firmware...Altho I managed to life and reprog 1 tsop it's just too fiddly for me and my sausage fingers...

I think mate from doing it earlier it allows you to change the mac and other setting required to allow you on the network with your cloned mac with original firmware instead.

As for the lights yes they work as a normal modem would when subbed.

you CAN NOT press p as this will flash the modem and you dont want to over write the firmware with this just load it in the ram

your not actually flashing your modem just changing settings on the original firmware.

hope this helps

you CAN NOT press p as this will flash the modem and you dont want to over write the firmware with this just load it in the ram

you've got to press p to get the bootloader menu, u just dont press d after it, you press g

but what i mean is on an infinite flashed modem, press p, then d and reflash the original 250 dump then reboot modem and continue as per guide.txt

but good news at last heh... the bloody LEDs finally work lol

Last edited:
Back