tryin to mod my boys Xbox360

the mode button is down think you only touch this for hitachi and yes you will need to use the power on/off button during the flashing process just follow jungle tutorial.

i think if i remember right if the light on the ck3 is red = mode b on and if its blue its off m8, you will need to use the power switch during flashing mate i cant see it being that what started the smoke signals.

well here goes,heres a couple of pics and i have the probe and ive checked the connections twice.
no lights on the probe

so far so good,switched on,no smoking,blue led light on probe and ck3

no smoke is definatly a good sign lol, i have the probe end of the cable pluged into the dvd drive i dont know if it makes a difference tbh.
dont you need to dismantle the drive mate or is the pic above just to show us your not starting fires lol.

is it possible jungle flasher recognises the drive wrong,it says in the drive properties the vendor is hitachi wher it says on the drive its a DG-16D2S PHILIPS & LITEON

no smoke is definatly a good sign lol, i have the probe end of the cable pluged into the dvd drive i dont know if it makes a difference tbh.
dont you need to dismantle the drive mate or is the pic above just to show us your not starting fires lol.

I had the drive out,i only just put it back in,do i need it out.

somethin not right dummy from ixtreme is not avaliable

you need the top off the drive so you can use the probe on r707, i wouldnt think jf would get the drive wrong mate i wouldnt touch it until thats sorted.

Last edited:
shit i was wondering how the pics didnt look right in the tut,is it hard to take the drive top off

where i am,
ive tried to probe the r707 goes green but get key isnt lit to click.
is it something to do with what i/o port,does it detect the port or do i pick it.

ok i think ive just found out,i clicked thru each choice in the i/o port box and got to the last one and it came up the drive properties and the key button is lit now.

seem you can get yor key now,hope all goes well for you.alot of people forget to install port io drivers either auto or manually. a friend recently bought the ck3 bundle and could not get it to find his drive, he tried auto install of port io but still no joy. when i got over to his all i did was to install it manually and all picked up.just check driver menu in system it will say xbox 360 driver io installed.

was doin so well,ive got to a bit where i dont no where i am.
it says in jungle flasher

in drive properties it says: drive in vendor mode

cant get it to recognise anything ,im not sure if ive already erased it or not.

ive saved all my files and double checked them

PMSL.

So I wasn't the only one thinking that :)

was doin so well,ive got to a bit where i dont no where i am.
it says in jungle flasher

in drive properties it says: drive in vendor mode

cant get it to recognise anything ,im not sure if ive already erased it or not.

ive saved all my files and double checked them

As long as you managed to get the key etc then you are safe.

Can you eject the drive? If not, then the drive is semi-bricked (it happens if you still have VIA Drivers installed), it's very easily recovered, just skip through the tutorial until you get to the Lite-On Freeze section.

ive not got via drivers installed,it seemed to like my motherboard,someone told me it had worked with my model of board before, GIGABYTE.

So what do i do from here with the message drive in vendor mode

ive just noticed the drive has shut , has that something to do with it.
startin to lose the plot a bit:Drool:

Is it safe to put the case together again

Last edited:
Back