tryin to mod my boys Xbox360

i dont have a probe i have ck3 lite,when i had asked before about either lite or pro it was suggested lite as i have an rs232 cable,im starting to get lost about what i need.

Who told you not to get a probe? :err:

While not essential, it certainly makes things considerably simpler.

Glad the machine is still working mate, close shave :)

Oggy had said that the CK3 was junk and had a nasty habit of igniting itself, lol

ive uploaded a couple of pics with where cables were put and what i done.

when i had plugged all this in and started up jungleflasher i moved the switch to on from off, was this right.
what did i do wrong.

Who told you not to get a probe? :err:

While not essential, it certainly makes things considerably simpler.

Glad the machine is still working mate, close shave :)

Oggy had said that the CK3 was junk and had a nasty habit of igniting itself, lol

well the junk cost me £19 + delivery and ive spent other money out for the tools to take the case apart and i could have probably used a small screwdriver.
only if i knew everything in hindsight.
i cant afford to spend more,how do i do it with what ive got.

glad the xbox is still working m8 but is the ck3 lite that is the question things that start smoke normally dont.

Last edited:
well am not going to know that till i get back on the saddle. where will i get one of those small power cables for the CK3.

i need to know if i definitely need it. I was told i didnt a while back when i bought the ck3 lite because i had an RS232 cable,
also do i need anothe power cable(the one i melted)whats it called.
also i dont understand everywhere that sells the ck3 lite says

QUOTE: The CK3 Lite is an optical disc drive adapter (ODD) so that means you will not have to have your beloved 360 hooked up to your PC,QUOTE

All the sites say this,whats that all about, u still have to use power cables and sata cables.

The probe is just a modded power cable, if you buy a probe you will have everything you need to do the lite-on.

The quote you write is just explaining that the CK3 powers the Dvd drive using power from a molex in your pc, rather than using theWhole 360 to provide power to the drive.

So you can take the drive fully out of the console and work with it from there.

QUOTE: The CK3 Lite is an optical disc drive adapter (ODD) so that means you will not have to have your beloved 360 hooked up to your PC,QUOTE

Thats for hard drives so you dont need top open the case.

The probe is just a modded power cable, if you buy a probe you will have everything you need to do the lite-on.

The quote you write is just explaining that the CK3 powers the Dvd drive using power from a molex in your pc, rather than using theWhole 360 to provide power to the drive.

So you can take the drive fully out of the console and work with it from there.

Hi Mate,
i understand the quote i put down now.
ive also took the drive out the case now,it came out fine for one thing, a small peice of metal has came off and i havent got a clue where it came from.
im putting pics up.

They always come out, just chuck them.

I think they are just vibration dampers

ive just ordered a probe from neo,need to wait till that comes now then start again.
is there a tut anywhere with pictures on how to use the ck3 and probe together.
i have so many tuts i dont no what one to use anymore,also a description of what the buttons are on the ck3 and what they do.
cheers

tbh mate i would suggest bin all the tuts you have and just use the jf one and any problems just ask honestly its the only one you need its proven and tested by i guess 99% of people on here ill have a look about for info for the ck3 but theres not much to say really you have a power switch, eject button and a mode b you will most likely never use the mode b button unless your doing a hitachi and then you probably wont use it due to jf and the other buttons go without saying. basically all your going to do is wire up your ck3 (molex power), sata cable in the dvd, r232 to ck3 and the probe from ck3 to the drive with i believe the end of the cable with the probe in goes into the drive (thats how mine is) then when you boot jf following the tut at some point you gonna press get key whilst your probe is in the r707 hole on the drive i know by no means is this a tut lol but what im trying to say is use jf and tut and you can go wrong you dont need to know much about ck3 other than wiring it up mate when your probe gets here follow the tut and you will be done in 10mins m8.

ps i forgot to mention if you have not seen it allready the tut for jf as instructions what to do if your using a ck3 or any other gadget, it dosent get much easier.
nice one oggy :)

Last edited:
Dont I know it.

Should have a PC setup for Saturday but back at work Sunday...

Ill hopefully get it done for release, they waited for me with 151 :D

Hi Mate,
i understand the quote i put down now.
ive also took the drive out the case now,it came out fine for one thing, a small peice of metal has came off and i havent got a clue where it came from.
im putting pics up.

funny you showing that i also had that last time i did a liteon all i did is throw it in the spares department ....lol and its working fine

hi guys,
will let u know how i get on when i get it thru.
couple of daft questions maybe but i dont want another fire starting lol.

on the ck3
should the mode button be down or up.
do u use the on/off power button during the flashing (it was this that caused my smokin prob)when i thru it on.
gio

Back