tryin to mod my boys Xbox360

GIO

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Im doin my boys box,its the 60gb one from xmas, liteon dvd drive.
Ive already purchased the xecuter ck3 lite and then i went and purchased the tool to take the box apart.
Ive managed to get it apart and am now sitting with the box in peices only to realise i now need a VIA VT6421 pci card or do i.
Ive read tuts about what chipsets to have and such and im not sure what i have might work without the card,as i dont see it mentioned in the tut.

I have a Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2 motherboard with amd socket. When i look in the book it says it has a North Bridge AMD 740G and South Bridge AMD SB700 Chipset.

Can someone tell me if i still need the pci card. I seem to be spending a lot of money on this and starting to wish i didnt bother.
If i do need the card i'll get it from ebay as ive went this far.

thanks for any help
gio

give it a go with the onboard sata mate. it may work. i had a gigabyte board before and it had an nvidia chipset which did just fine. if it doesnt try each sata port.

give it a go with the onboard sata mate. it may work. i had a gigabyte board before and it had an nvidia chipset which did just fine. if it doesnt try each sata port.

Can u suggest what tut to go with from here,if im not trying the via card. Im looking at this one just now Basic Guide to LiteOn DG-16D2S hacking, would this be the right one to go with,theres so many.
gio

I can use an AMD 780g chipset fine, so its worth a shot.

i think i may have the same board in the pc i use for flashing mate and have no probs with any drive drfinatly worth a shot ps my sata is nvidia. use the tut that comes with jungleflasher mate you cant go wrong.

i think i may have the same board in the pc i use for flashing mate and have no probs with any drive drfinatly worth a shot ps my sata is nvidia. use the tut that comes with jungleflasher mate you cant go wrong.

downloaded the latest jungle flasher from here but no tut inside,i did follow the instructions to install the portio drivers,theyve been done,just need to reboot.

Breasts....

Ooops, tutorial link is in firmwaretool32 tab

got a
no via ports were found when starting jungleflasher.

im also a bit behind u guys as to where im putting the xbox,i have it stripped down and have the sata cable coming from the back of the dvd drive and i have my ck3 lite ready.
i take it i connect the rs232 cable to the back of the comp and on to the ck3, then the sata to a spare port in the comp but i dont no much else.
i need to know where im going with it all now.
think i need another tut somewhere before i get to the jungleflasher ones.

got a
no via ports were found when starting jungleflasher.

Well, you dont have any VIA sata ports ;)

i take it i connect the rs232 cable to the back of the comp (YUP) and on to the ck3, then the sata to a spare port in the comp (YUP) but i dont no much else.

CK3 to PC Power Molex, probe ready to go on via above/below R707 and CK3 Drive power cable (with probe wires) into the back of dvd drive the right way ;)

OOPS and a big oops.
plugged in sata to motherboard from dvd drive
plugged rs232 into back of comp and into ck3 cable and plugged ending into ck3board.
plugged a power cable from computer into other end of ck3 board.
then plugged small power connector (the one with small green cables and 2 12 pin white endings)im sure youll no what i mean.

started comp up,started jungleflasher up,before that had started i thought how is it going to detect the dvd drive so i switched the switch on the ck3 that says on/off, i switched to on and the bloody thing started smoking,burnt the cables,place was stinking of molding plastic.
pulled out cables and switched my comp off pronto before the flames started.

what did i do wrong and have i damaged anything.
gio

I would assume its were you've done this part "then plugged small power connector (the one with small green cables and 2 12 pin white endings)"
You've probably put it in the wrong way round

You've maybe plugged the power cable in the wrong way into the DVD Drive, if you have, then you've most likely ruined the drive and you now have a large Xbox360 shaped paperweight.

OOPS and a big oops.
plugged in sata to motherboard from dvd drive
plugged rs232 into back of comp and into ck3 cable and plugged ending into ck3board.
plugged a power cable from computer into other end of ck3 board.
then plugged small power connector (the one with small green cables and 2 12 pin white endings)im sure youll no what i mean.

started comp up,started jungleflasher up,before that had started i thought how is it going to detect the dvd drive so i switched the switch on the ck3 that says on/off, i switched to on and the bloody thing started smoking,burnt the cables,place was stinking of molding plastic.
pulled out cables and switched my comp off pronto before the flames started.

what did i do wrong and have i damaged anything.
gio

m8 you will have to force the red lights and send it back to microsoft.

the cable was in thre right way,it can only go one way, as u have guides on the side so that it will only fit one way.

its supposed to go on one way but trust me quite a few have put it on the wrong way and got the same result it doesnt take much effort to get it on the wrong way.

the cable was in thre right way,it can only go one way, as u have guides on the side so that it will only fit one way.

True, but people still manage to fit it in the wrong way :err:

How did you fit the probe power lead?

Make sure the end with the probe is not connected to the CK3 side, the probe should be at the end that plugs into the drive.

Good news is the console is still working,ive ben playing saints row for the last hour.
need to take this a bit slower and get some pics of what to do.

True, but people still manage to fit it in the wrong way :err:

How did you fit the probe power lead?

Make sure the end with the probe is not connected to the CK3 side, the probe should be at the end that plugs into the drive.

i dont have a probe i have ck3 lite,when i had asked before about either lite or pro it was suggested lite as i have an rs232 cable,im starting to get lost about what i need.

if your doin a liteon mate you will need the probe to get the key unless you make your own probe thats what oggy was saying here
CK3 to PC Power Molex, probe ready to go on via above/below R707 and CK3 Drive power cable (with probe wires) into the back of dvd drive the right way ;)

Back