tropical / salt fish ?

I will get something up at the weekend as i have them from my phone but i need to find the usb lead to upload them!

I what seems a small brown algea bloom on the rocks at the moment and more and more things are being found, i had the tourch out last night and swear i saw a small fish ? or something swimming about ?

fook knows lol

Brown stuff sound like diatoms get some water movement on it should blow it off , the start of many lol BTW do you use phosphate remover if you dont now is a good time to put some in your filter , rowaphos is the best . I used a 100g pack and never had any algae problems in my nano

Also if you use a red light after the lights go out you will be amazed what you will find scary take look at this it,s a bristle worm in my tank a few weeks ago it,s about 10" long

beastie1.jpg

If you find one of these in your tank dont try pick them up they bite LOL

Last edited:
I used to keep marines myself, them bristle worms are a pian espcially if one rubbs against your arm or hand. Give a nasty rash and can be quite painful. Read a post on a american site regarding a bristle type worm, it was that big it was devouring his fish, he had to strip a full 12 foot system, live rock and everything down lol.

Reefs UK Community Forum • Index page

UltimateReef.com

Sign up to those websites and they will give you loads of help and advice regarding marine fish. Wheni 1st got into marines two lads from reefs came down to my house and set the whole thing up for me.

I have found this fish thing now.... it hides in a rock!

it half hangs out and it attacks a hairy crab that made its way into the tank aswell...

It is a weird thing and i identified what i think is this creature but i cannot remember what site it was to post a link DOH!

its like a worm/fish that has tenticles on the top with two eyes and is about 30mm long pretty thick with black body and white spots/lines on the body.

Keep spotting loads of little crabs that hide in holes and put there tiny pinchers out.

your camera takes a nice photo mine is useless (sony erricson 3mp) i will post them up at the weekend but do not expect to see anything lol

Back