Tring signal strength

suffolktoon

Inactive User
Reaction score
Cannot get a lock on these channels. Other channels on the same satellite are coming in ok. Later on I'm going to get out a portable dish and another box to see if it can find them but it would save a lot of hassle if someone can tell me if they have powered down/shifted frequencies or suddenly gone on a tighter beam.

Cannot get a lock on these channels. Other channels on the same satellite are coming in ok. Later on I'm going to get out a portable dish and another box to see if it can find them but it would save a lot of hassle if someone can tell me if they have powered down/shifted frequencies or suddenly gone on a tighter beam.

Dont waste your time these channels are NOT open on the Spiderbox using Service+.

Just before I bought my spiderbox I bought a card for Tring. I had problems getting it to open so I took it to a shop where I saw the box and was so impressed that I bought one on the spot.

Just before I bought my spiderbox I bought a card for Tring. I had problems getting it to open so I took it to a shop where I saw the box and was so impressed that I bought one on the spot.

If you have the card it may need to be activated try leaving it in the receiver or contact the seller.
TRING is down on Service+ at this time.

If you have the card it may need to be activated try leaving it in the receiver or contact the seller.
TRING is down on Service+ at this time.
No man , that was months ago. Only used the card a few times as S+ has catered for what games I want to watch in HD. Blackpool away tomorrow is why I need to use it.

As I said earlier can't get any sort of signal for Tring but other channels on that satellite are reasonably strong. Can anyone report their signal and quality, location and dish size. I'm using a 1m dish in Suffolk and these channels have usually been decent strength.

No man , that was months ago. Only used the card a few times as S+ has catered for what games I want to watch in HD. Blackpool away tomorrow is why I need to use it.

As I said earlier can't get any sort of signal for Tring but other channels on that satellite are reasonably strong. Can anyone report their signal and quality, location and dish size. I'm using a 1m dish in Suffolk and these channels have usually been decent strength.

TP 11283 H sr 27500 s=75% q=82%
As I'm using a line I have these channels, what are your readings.

What size dish matey?? tring shoudnt be a prob on 80cm and above..even on a 65cm i got 90% quality...Jimmi's the man though on these things.

What size dish matey?? tring shoudnt be a prob on 80cm and above..even on a 65cm i got 90% quality...Jimmi's the man though on these things.

I'm in the North East using a 1mtr dish but for that transponder I'm happy with the quality reading I get, good solid reception.
90% with a 65CM dish wow I envy you!!

I have 95cm now jimmi matey...i even get 7W verticals and at night some Horizontals.She is perfectly aligned with me on the dog n bone on the roof & her indoors downstairs telling me yes/no...hehe..lol.but with 65cm before i had everything nearly...now all 95% Q.

Yes evenings and mornings I can get some Nilesat and when Service+ was working a fair bit opened. From about 11am to ~7pm it fades or drops out so for me it's not worth trying to watch.
To be honest with a good line there's so much available to watch that I dont get done what I should get done.

Last week I got a TM5402 and in fairness I cant really say that one is superior to the other (were all allowed our opinions and that is mine).
Next week I will play with an Openbox S9 HD and see what that can do, its a great hobby and being retired is the best part you can do what you want when you want.

I don't know what's going wrong tonight.

I can put in the parameters for a hotbird channel and I can get 80/80 or better.

I should be able to swing the dish three degrees without altering anything as the elevevation change is only half a degree and still get a decent signal from 16E but it's just not happening. Funny thing is a few months back I did the exact same thing and Tring popped up straight away.

Nowt on telly anyway so I'm going to persevere.

I don't know what's going wrong tonight.

I can put in the parameters for a hotbird channel and I can get 80/80 or better.

I should be able to swing the dish three degrees without altering anything as the elevevation change is only half a degree and still get a decent signal from 16E but it's just not happening. Funny thing is a few months back I did the exact same thing and Tring popped up straight away.

Nowt on telly anyway so I'm going to persevere.

Are you using usals or diseqc, if usals then select diseqc and locate and store 16e. Do it step by step pulsing the remotes left and right keys until you get a good signal and quality reading then store the position and check tring.
It sounds as if your dish is out of alignment or your coordinates are not quite right.

Are you using usals or diseqc, if usals then select diseqc and locate and store 16e. Do it step by step pulsing the remotes left and right keys until you get a good signal and quality reading then store the position and check tring.
It sounds as if your dish is out of alignment or your coordinates are not quite right.
Not even doing that. Using a portable 90cm dish on the patio and moving it by hand, very slowly. The only thing is I haven't got the tripod on level ground so theangle of elevation is more than the calculated value. Even so if I can hit hotbird ok then 16E should be close enough. Giving up for the night now. Reading some other forums it suggest the satellite tring is on is weaker than the others that are co-located. Going to tune one of them in tomorrow and take it from there. Utterly frustrated now with it all.

Astra1 and Hotbird you can get with your eyes closed as both are received in the UK with a very strong signal. 16e is NOT the same, the signal level is lower and it's a more fiddly thing to get this satellite.
If you were motorised and the installation had been correctly carried out you would not have a problem, you must get you dish mounting truly vertical all round left/right/front/back then try again.
Get that mounting right and you will get 16e, unless it's correct it's unlikely that you will succeed.

Astra1 and Hotbird you can get with your eyes closed as both are received in the UK with a very strong signal. 16e is NOT the same, the signal level is lower and it's a more fiddly thing to get this satellite.
If you were motorised and the installation had been correctly carried out you would not have a problem, you must get you dish mounting truly vertical all round left/right/front/back then try again.
Get that mounting right and you will get 16e, unless it's correct it's unlikely that you will succeed.
I'm completely out of ideas now and well pissed off that I can't watch the match. I've manually fiddled with dishes for years and have always managed to get a signal eventually, even with inclined orbits but 16E is proving to be impossible today. Just mis input some parameters and I got something called Sky Bull at about 80/100. Don't even know what satellite that's on.

I'm completely out of ideas now and well pissed off that I can't watch the match. I've manually fiddled with dishes for years and have always managed to get a signal eventually, even with inclined orbits but 16E is proving to be impossible today. Just mis input some parameters and I got something called Sky Bull at about 80/100. Don't even know what satellite that's on.

Beats me, try for an FTA channel on 16e, say Carli TV tp 10892 H sr 27500 always setup on a transponder with FTA channels makes life easier.

too late for the game but try tuning into Vizion Plus 11283 H 27500 5/6. Strong signal and its FTA. Thought you were fortunate today!

too late for the game but try tuning into Vizion Plus 11283 H 27500 5/6. Strong signal and its FTA. Thought you were fortunate today!
That's the same transponder as the Tring channels.

A couple of months back I used the same dish, the same box at the same location to get the card to re-enable. Didn't even have to faff on with the channel search to judge signal strength. Hit it almost immediately and the card opened.

What's the most suspicious is that my motorised dish is also not detecting the channels either. I haven't touched that dish and it still getting Thor, Hotbird and Astra at 19E. Service+ is opening some channels on 16E and I can tune into them. Although to be fair I didn't manage to get anything at all of any quality on 16E today or yesterday on this portable dish.

I might try again tomorrow but I think she wants to see some action on the garden front first.

That's the same transponder as the Tring channels.

A couple of months back I used the same dish, the same box at the same location to get the card to re-enable. Didn't even have to faff on with the channel search to judge signal strength. Hit it almost immediately and the card opened.

What's the most suspicious is that my motorised dish is also not detecting the channels either. I haven't touched that dish and it still getting Thor, Hotbird and Astra at 19E. Service+ is opening some channels on 16E and I can tune into them. Although to be fair I didn't manage to get anything at all of any quality on 16E today or yesterday on this portable dish.

I might try again tomorrow but I think she wants to see some action on the garden front first.

you could check there are no line of site issue,s (tree,s coming into bloom) and have you had any heavy winds recently. its a case of eliminating each possible cause of the reduction in signal level on certain transponders. as stated by @jimihendrix thor/asrta1/hotbird are very strong in the uk and can be recieved with a slightly out dish system. regards mdt

Back