Phone Unlocking tomtom 6 nokia N95 internal gps finally here :)

Anyone got the Uk maps on anything other than rapidshare please?

I can only get 4 digits to work on the verification part.

Thanks.

Do I have to unzip the 3 map files to separate folders? When I try to unzip part 2 to the same folder as part 1 it asks me to overwrite or rename existing files........not sure what to do

anyone no how to get tomtom traffic working again?, it worked for a month now it ask's for a user name an password.

cheers

Anybody know were the latest speed camera's are?

Carn't find them

Hello
Has anyone got this going on the N95 8gb i just get the spinning globe and the latest firmware is V15.0.015 for this phone but people are mentioning V21...... or is this for the standard N95?

Bandi

Hello
Has anyone got this going on the N95 8gb i just get the spinning globe and the latest firmware is V15.0.015 for this phone but people are mentioning V21...... or is this for the standard N95?

Bandi

v 21 is for the standard N95 m8.

im having same`probs as post #16 not locking onto sats,go thru
the routine start gpsdsay yes to all click onto binpda,blutooth signal
flashes then says more devises or binpda
latest f/ware to 15.0.015

any ideas guys...

I'm having this same problem. Does anyone have a solution?
I have the latest firmware on the original N95, I've even reset it to defaults. I also tried on a mates 8GB and exactly the same thing. I'm following the instructions exactly. Installing bt.six, running it, device added, installing GPSd.sisx and running that. The binpda bluetooth device looks greyed out, like it's out of range or something. It just keeps prompting me to choose another gps device. The nokia software gets a fix ok.

Any ideas please?

are you still switching bluetooth on when prompted to when tom tom starts and asks do you want to turn bluetooth on now ?

I'm not getting as far as using it with tomtom, I was expecting gpsd to display some info, then I was going to launch tomtom. I have tomtom itself working with an external GPS (it was a fresh install after I did steps 1 and 2). It's like gpsd isn't seeing the bindpa bluetooth device.

I'm not getting as far as using it with tomtom, I was expecting gpsd to display some info, then I was going to launch tomtom. I have tomtom itself working with an external GPS (it was a fresh install after I did steps 1 and 2). It's like gpsd isn't seeing the bindpa bluetooth device.

you have to change it in the tom tom preference settings m8.

Once you have started gpsd and agreed to both the questions, start tom tom , connect bluetooth when prompted, then goto CHANGE PREFERENCES > SHOW GPS STATUS > CONFIGURE > OTHER BLUETOOTH DEVICE > BINPDA GPS. should work fine now.

Before you start all this, just get a gps fix on your phone 1 st to make sure you have a good signal m8.

also once you have started gpsd are you clicking hide or exit ??

Last edited:
Cheers for your replies. Tomtom just says no bluetooth devices found. Shouldn't gpsd show me my longitude etc before even start Tomtom anyway?

Edit: I've just discovered I'm no longer picking up satellites on the not gps utility - let me get that sorted again first.

Last edited:
Cheers for your replies. Tomtom just says no bluetooth devices found. Shouldn't gpsd show me my longitude etc before even start Tomtom anyway?

yes m8 it should. just try your gps on your phone in connections folder, wait till it gets a fix, the compass comes up, then start the steps again.

If this fails try installing the bt.sis again.

sometimes it can take 4 - 5 mins for gps on phone to get a fix.

Last edited:
Yeah I can definately get a fix with the nokia gps data thing. It just seems that GPSD isn't seeing the device.

so once you have a fix on your phone then you open gpsd are you not getting your long and lat ?

also go to gps data app and check your locked on to the sats first or you wont get and data in gpsd

just a thought is the fone open or closed ie:is the slider part up
and showing the key pad

i hope this helps....

@ mods/admin i cant seem to edit my posts

you might need to go outside to get a fix on the sattelites
thats what i did

Right finally sorted/got mine running,rep left Carlos.

I watched a video on youtube it showed what i thought was someone drop/dragging all the files to the fone via pc suite.
How wrong, as i tried it would'nt let me access the fone file system in pc suite,and the tomtom folder would'nt move as a file in pc suite.A bit of help from Carlos and i've managed to access the fone file system via pc and cut and paste,tom/maps/postcodes in.The other remaining files went in thru pc suite.

I also disabled all other gps applications and left only internal app.Booted fone up and followed rest of tut,after 2 mins got gps lock and all sorted.

Back