Phone Unlocking tomtom 6 nokia N95 internal gps finally here :)

I followed all the instructions including a firmware upgrade but it will not find any sat signal! Orange seem to think that it connects to the sats via their software - I cant see how myself but I could be wrong. Anyone got any idea how to sort this out?

:THANKS:

open your gps data on your phone which is in connectivity folder, wait till you get a signal on that then open gpsd, then press hide, now open tom tom, goto change preferences, gps status, bluetooth receiver, then choose binpda.

c if that works m8.

Thanks for the reply mate but cant get a signal that way either - it wants to connect to BiNPDA GPS but I just keep on getting No Connection! Could the Handset be faulty?

if you aint gettin the normal gps data which is on your phone then yes the int gps could be faulty.

if its debranded im sure u could change product back to orange n do software update back to old one

to downgrade the firmware to allow the software updater to update it you would need to use the pheonix software m8.

Carlos
Can i ask where to get this pheonix software from please.
thanks Bud.

tbh though there is a risk of bricking your phone doin this m8.

put the original product code back on the phone then m8 before you u take it back.

This might be a really dumb question but when you had the debranded software on the phone, did you have the orange wap and other configuration settings??? E.g Could you go onto the web?

got it working all ok i had to upgrade firmware to latest N95 8GB

many thanks

hi trying to install but the link for part 3 of the uk maps wont work for me.. could someone please pm me? thanks all!

it is indeed just got it there. cant install the bt.sisx file? says certificate not valid.. any ideas? phone just updated today to v20.0.016.. dont know what to try

No gps Singnal

I wen i turn gpsd on these r the fugure it shows latitute 0.0 longtitu 0.0 clients 0 error none debug

I leave gpsd on and hide it. but not recieving gps singal.

I wen i turn gpsd on these r the fugure it shows latitute 0.0 longtitu 0.0 clients 0 error none debug

I leave gpsd on and hide it. but not recieving gps singal.

when you start up gpsd you need to agree to both of the things it states otherwise it wont run m8.

If you have done this then try running your normal gps data which is on your phone, wait till you have a fix with that then open gpsd and tom tom .

Back