Phone Unlocking tomtom 6 nokia N95 internal gps finally here :)

when you start up gpsd you need to agree to both of the things it states otherwise it wont run m8.

If you have done this then try running your normal gps data which is on your phone, wait till you have a fix with that then open gpsd and tom tom .

yes i agreed to both thing wen i startd gpsd.

Wen i go into Gps data in all folders it says (no connection) Navigation NO CONNECTION Position NO CONNECTION & trop distance NO CONNECTIONS.

B2fore in Positionning setting there was no Bluetooth GPS selected i have selected. Went back to GPSd after agree to 2 options BiNPDA GPS or more devices cum up. wen i select BiNPDA GPS bluetooth flash's then it cum back to it again sayin BiNPDA GPS or more devices.

Thanx alot for ur last reply..

thanx

WHERE DO U PUT THE MAPS?:Cheers:

what the tom tom folder as mine just keeps saying cant find maps

no mate just put the map folder onto the root of memory card m8. not in the tom tom folder.

make sure you aint got a folder in a folder aswell otherwise it cant find it.

nice1 lads cheers got it all working now!! ;) can anyone upload the speed camera files as all the links seem to be dead or point me in the right direction! :Cheers:

I have opened gpsd and get latitude and longitude but when i start up tom tom then switch on bluetooth. Go to Change preferences, Show GPS status, Configure, Other Bluetooth GPS receiver, I only get list of mates phones who i have bluetoothed to before.There is no option to pick BiNPDA GPS.Any ideas anyone, nokia n95 8gb

did you install the BT application first to find your int gps ?

To any of the guys who've had this working.

When you go to TOOLS - CONNECTIVITY - GPS DATA
OPTIONS - POSITIONING SETTINGS

You have an option of enabling:

Bluetooth GPS
Assisted GPS
Integrated GPS
Network Based

Could you let me know which ones are enabled.

I've been messing about & it doesn't work now. I've uninstalled & reinstalled all 3 apps, but I can't get it to get a fix now, my external GPS works fine, so it's knocked me back to square 1.

My next step after this is a factory reset.

Cheers.

have you tried goin to your gps data on your phone and makin sure you get a fix on that first m8 before starting gpsd or tom tom ?

have you tried goin to your gps data on your phone and makin sure you get a fix on that first m8 before starting gpsd or tom tom ?

Yep, the Nokia maps are worse than useless & I've remove my Garmin app.
It was struggling to find anything unless it was connected to the external GPS device.

There's a newer firmware out now, so I may as well just go for it.

Oh well, here goes...

:)

I've gave up trying to get mine to work and I have now uninstalled everything and put my original tom tom onto phone and now all I get is spinning logo. This is doing my F@@@ing head right in!

At last I finally got it working. I started again from scratch and discovered that once you install 'bt' you have to go to applications then bt and click on it tnen it will say "Device added"

I've just performed a back-up, updated from:

15.0.015 to 21.0.016

Restored the back-up.
Re-installed all the files.
I was able to get some sat data from the internal GPS, but TTNav didn't pick anything up.

I'll pick it back up after my holiday.
I should've left well alone when I had it working LoL.

--
Just performed a Hard Reset, & reinstalled the 3 x files to the phone memory. Still nothing.

'Tis a silly thing...I'm going to buy a bl00dy map :(

Last edited:
and this postal code file

just put it on the root of the mem card and call the folder Zip

when you say root of mem card, how do you put it there? using a n95 8gb.. when in data transfer mode im not sure what memory im using or am i doing it wrong?

cheers

when you connect your phone to your pc goto my computer, your phone icon should be there, or removable disk, click on this, when the screen opens just paste the zip folder anywhere in there. just make sure you dont put it in any other folder.

Back