Phone Unlocking tomtom 6 nokia N95 internal gps finally here :)

For those who get a continuous waiting for gps signal, try this

Tools - Settings - General - Positining - Positioning methods
and disable (untick) the option Bluetooth GPS

probably a stupid question but how much memory does the tomtom take up of your memory as i only have 1gb:nopity:

the actual tom tom program is only bout 35 Mb, its the maps that use the most memory on average bout 250 - 300 Mb . you have a 1 Gb card so that is plenty m8.

guys daughter got one of these fones with 8gb card in it
is there an idiot guide anywhere as the links seem to be posted
all through the thread.
and i dont want to make an arse of it or she will part my stones lol

guys daughter got one of these fones with 8gb card in it
is there an idiot guide anywhere as the links seem to be posted
all through the thread.
and i dont want to make an arse of it or she will part my stones lol

Shouldnt be a problem for you mate mainly following instructions which your good at doing... well writing them :Cheers:

Reactions: J
sometimes it can take several minutes to get a gps fix. before you start tom tom open your gps status which is in your connectivity folder and wait till you get a fix on this before starting tom tom.

got it sorted guys just murder trying to get signal here
my tom tom the same,
as soon as i go outside its fine.

do i need to configure sat everytime i use?

yes m8 you do. thats the only down fall with it.

Reactions: J
You will also need the maps:

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/51800296/UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE_1409.part1.rar

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/51812839/UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE_1409.part2.rar

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/51821675/UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE_1409.part3.rar

These files have been removed :(

Any other place where they can be found?

I've tried numerous times to get TomTom working inc. the binPDA hack. Finally went with Garmin Mobile XT - works a charm and 'almost' as good as TomTom - breeze to set up as well...sort of ;)

I've tried numerous times to get TomTom working inc. the binPDA hack. Finally went with Garmin Mobile XT - works a charm and 'almost' as good as TomTom - breeze to set up as well...sort of ;)

I thought Garmin was a great little app, but then I noticed that there are a lot of areas which are only covered with the base maps rather than going into detail & showing it at street level.

can someone send me a PM with the links on where i get the maps please?

Back