Phone Unlocking tomtom 6 nokia N95 internal gps finally here :)

me too nstokes i need the link for the maps

would anyone be kind and PM the link please

hi guys i have just recieved my n95 8gig trying to get this working but the folder has no 2.GPSd.jar. and no 3.tomtom.sisx . in there any help pls sorry they were showing as rar files , lol

Last edited:
can some one post settings for internal gps i cant get a signal with internal gps or gpsd pls i have it working on an external gps ,but would like to get it working with the internal gps

can some one post settings for internal gps i cant get a signal with internal gps or gpsd pls i have it working on an external gps ,but would like to get it working with the internal gps

go to connectivity folder and activate your gps, it may take a few minutes to get a fix. while that is searching open GPSd and click yes twice and then click hide. now go back to your gps and wait till the compass appears.
open tom tom , goto change preferences, then show gps status, then configure, then select, then choose Bin PDA.

to check your gps settings goto SETTINGS, GENERAL, POSITIONING, POSITIONING METHODS, make sure you have Assisted gps and integrated gps ticked.

Last edited:
:Cheers:Thanks just had to wait about 10 min before it connected to sat ,now working thanks again:Clap:

go to connectivity folder and activate your gps, it may take a few minutes to get a fix. while that is searching open GPSd and click yes twice and then click hide. now go back to your gps and wait till the compass appears.
open tom tom , goto change preferences, then show gps status, then configure, then select, then choose Bin PDA.

to check your gps settings goto SETTINGS, GENERAL, POSITIONING, POSITIONING METHODS, make sure you have Assisted gps and integrated gps ticked.

when i go to configure i just get tomtom receiver and other bluetooth receiver no Bin PDA?? what have i done wrong? followed all instructions above?

forget it figured it out do'h and seems to work well saved me buying a new sat nav after flogging my htc!! whats the latest UK map thats compatable? and can someone erm help me aquire it??

can anyone please pm me with the maps and postcode links, thanks

does this work with the n95 8gb..........can anyone confirm and can anyone use the internal gps yet

well l took the plunge and debranded my n95 1 up from firmware 11 to 30!! now think l might push my luck and try this...couple of questions, the links to the downloads seem not to work,any pointers where l can get them please, also do l have to uninstall garmin first? thanks for any help....

the link is working fine m8 at the start of this thread. no you dont have to uninstall garmin.

the link is working fine m8 at the start of this thread. no you dont have to uninstall garmin.
yes sorry managed to get those files loaded but cant get the maps the link has been removed, good set of instructions tho, any chance of a pointer to the maps cheers...

no criticism of you excellent thread mate but I am finding the following

1. battery life is poor with tomtom ON
2. tomtom freezes and is slow in showing position
3. maps are out of date

Is anyone else having any or all these problems and has anyone solved any of them,

thanks

unfortunately v 6.75 maps are the latest ones to use with tom tom 6 so they may be a bit out out date.
occasionally mine will freeze but then sorts it self out after bout 5 - 10 secs.

nout you can do bout the battery life though as it is using a few applications to run tom tom . i could probably get bout 3 - 4 hours of running tom tom off my battery, maybe bit longer.

no criticism of you excellent thread mate but I am finding the following

1. battery life is poor with tomtom ON
2. tomtom freezes and is slow in showing position
3. maps are out of date

Is anyone else having any or all these problems and has anyone solved any of them,

thanks

1, Use a car charger... All sat nav units use car chargers... Ofcourse the battery will not last a long time, with the screen being lit and applications running and sound on... etc
2, Shouldnt have too much freezing, try updating your N95 firmware latest version for silver original N95 is version 30. Backup the information of the phone first as everything will be erased during the upgrade.
3, As Carlos said, the latest maps that are available for this version of TomTom are 6.75. Even if you purchase a sat nav unit most of the times the maps wont be a 100% accurate... They are updated not that often and road layouts are being changed daily.

cool this web site is great i've tryed this sort of stuff before but got so far then it was out of my league but theres loads of complete tuts will be trying this soon

Back