Phone Unlocking tomtom 6 nokia N95 internal gps finally here :)

Fantastic...works a dream.

My mistake was that I was trying to overwrite the existing TT file.

It took a couple of minutes before I got a fix, but it then picked up 7 x Sat's.

I can get shot of Garmin & the poxy built in Nokia maps :)

i'm probably paranoid here but has anyone else noticed a difference in battery performance ?

I seem to only get a day at a push out of it since i sorted me tom tom with internal gps.

I have checked that gps.d tom tom , and normal gps postitioning aint workin an still battery performance is sh£&E.

had this problem b4 but just drained the battery a few times and it sorted it, this dont seem to be the case this time.

im having same`probs as post #16 not locking onto sats,go thru
the routine start gpsdsay yes to all click onto binpda,blutooth signal
flashes then says more devises or binpda
latest f/ware to 15.0.015

any ideas guys...

try up dating to the latest firmware m8 which is V 21.0.016.

the way i get it to work is goto TOOLS menu, then CONNECTIVITY, then GPS DATA.
wait till you get a fix then open the GPS'd application, once this is running press hide. now open TOM TOM , press menu, goto change preferences, then goto GPS status, click on other bluetooth, then click on BINPDA gps option. shouldget a fix str8 away, now click done.

All sorted !! :banana:

Is there a way to run this without having GPS'd use your phone bill?

If I don't allow it to use my network then it won't let me connect to it.....

:(

hi
all seemed ok as far as installing got as far as opening tt and it stayed on the opening screen uninstalled it and tried again, but the same result left it on all night still only had spinning globe and first tt screen
anyone any clues as to what to try next
thanks

Im getting the same spinning globe?....

even used older tt files and other maps.

For those having probs try this one, I got it from somewhere else but it's prolly the exact same file lol

Ahh I see, thanks for the info Seedy_r0m ;)

:)

Nope even with this I get a spinning globe.
It worked about 6 months ago though on older firmware.
mines a N95-1
V21

Working fine for me m8 on V21.0.016.....

Maybe if you had TomTom on previously you'll need to do a factory reset like the old ones?

I've upgraded my phone since I last used TT which was a while ago now so it was a clean install of TT.

Been making do with Garmin XT which isn't too bad TBH.

What are you naming the maps

are they zipped or unzipped

mine are placed in a folder called "UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE.v675.1409"

placed unzipped on the root of memory card.

mine has been updated to v21 since tomtom.

I have them named:

UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE_1409

Unzipped and in the root of memory card m8.

Hope this helps.

cracked it.
in the remove section I removed tomtom.
there was also a 3.tomtom.six not installed , so i removed it and it works.
Cheers guys gotta sort out gps now:BLOBBY:

Glad you got it sorted m8.

Make sure you click on the BT icon in your applications menu before you remove it otherwise you won't get the binpda bluetooth receiver ;)

Also I have figured out once TomTom has detected the binpda receiver you can switch your bluetooth off and save your battery juice ;)

Sorry M8 been playing.
Works a treat.

So removed the tomtom from devices.
Removed the 3.tomtom.sisx (NOT INSTALLED) also found in remove section.
Reinstalled tomtom.sisx

and hey presto no spinning globe.

maps are unzipped into a folder called "UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE.v675.1409"and placed in the root of memory card.

cheers.

i'm probably paranoid here but has anyone else noticed a difference in battery performance ?

I seem to only get a day at a push out of it since i sorted me tom tom with internal gps.

I have checked that gps.d tom tom , and normal gps postitioning aint workin an still battery performance is sh£&E.

had this problem b4 but just drained the battery a few times and it sorted it, this dont seem to be the case this time.

what version firmware you on, v21 sorted a lot of problems for me

i would have used the thanxs button for this..big shout out to ya..works atreat..this doesnt cost anything does it..just when it uses network and data..i know someone said if u make a phone call on it..im workin on version 20.0.015 u reckon im better just stayin on that or will i download version 21 cheers again

I would upgrade, remember to use the updated nss
and get a generic product code for the plum or other model

updated nss ? ive no done it since last year..i know what programs and that to use like..just when u said updated nss..as for the code ill need to go look for that again..

Back