tm800hd moans / randoms

Re: tm800hd moans

you should all buy an openbox to watch tv on until your tm800's get fixed

edogg

DR linux wrote:as I understood there is very active distributor in Sweden and selling lots of tm receivers

SORRY but i was the only person at swedish forums that had a TM800 HD-Yes he is selling a lot of Tm but its TM500 super not TM800 HD

DR linux wrote:as I understood there is very active distributor in Sweden and selling lots of tm receivers

SORRY but i was the only person at swedish forums that had a TM800 HD-Yes he is selling a lot of Tm but its TM500 super not TM800 HD

Well considering the built in card reader wasnt even working on this box until, a couple of months ago...the only people who would have been buying this box are likely to be traders who pre-configure c-lines and use UR Teams "trader friendly" hidden cam.cfg and password lockdown features and sell on to clients, the other purchasers would have been hobbyists...Not a lot of point in anyone else buying them if they couldnt even use their own viewing cards (unless they choose to spend 40 quid on a USB card reader), hardly worth spending 250 quid for a freeview box with broken PVR, non working media player is it...

Since then looks like, sales are taking a hit...TM maybe feeling the pressure from better priced receivers..Qbox Mini HD, VU Solo dropped in price, Clone DM800HD are half the price, Skybox/openBox, Blabe Media...have all enetered the market...so now we see price cuts a TM800HD is now £199...Wasnt that the original price quoted before release anyway ??? Before the mega delays, and 50 quid price rise....?

Time now for all those who don't have a TM800 to leave this thread to those who do.
This includes me as well lol.
Others who have legit gripes who own the stb can moan to their hearts content, others like me who don't own it need to leave to those who do now.
I think we have all made our point heard and there are plenty of pointers on here for anyone wishing to research the stb before buying.
Just my opinion.

squig007
becuase he is the software engineer at TM's head office in london and the software is not up to scratch pal . all his posts if you read back are exmaples of where he can get the box working etc which is fair enough but there are many memebers who follow his instrcutions who cant get it to work the way he states he can i just think a bit more transparancey from him and more questions honestly answered would be great ?? ------------------------
in download centre tm section there is instruction how install and be happy with your tm800
if I can install and can not find any problem I am sure anyone can do
also if you have questions in regards of setting please detail you question I am sure I can reply
===============================================
edogg
this is tm800 section and not advise centre for other brand
if you have tm800 and fallow instruction I am sure you will be happy as well
so
no need of buying another brand for kick start.
==================================
gsmtech
Living in that past and thinking why and what happened is just waste of time ...think to day this box is excellent and working ok
ok few miner bits missing but will be fixed.
price drop is happening in all kinds of electronics ,dec,10 ..Samsung Led TV was £1495 I bought same thing in FEB 11 for £950
so what's wrong with tm reducing price are they desperate also Samsung ???.
we are living in real world with practical living and should accept not all will be in our favourite otherwise life gets boring.
this section is for original boxes not clones
is not fare to compare original to clones also it is tm800 section to help to fix problems not to moan
==============================
manic01You made best decision this should happen in any section of this forum.

Last edited:

[QUOTE=Dr Linux;also it is tm800 section to help to fix problems not to moan if you want to moan please go to moan section
This thread is called TM Moans lol!

then dr linux can you tell me when the media side of the player will be fixed that was supposed to ready in dec 2010 ? can i also ask you when the other so called teams that you told me where working on the box will be releasing the image ?

i only want a box that does what you said it will do nothing more nothing less so as this is the moan section - can you please answer those two questions have put to you pal im not having a dig and not slagging im just asking for once just once to be finally told the truth and no more lies

regards
squig007

squig007

any team looking for priority to be fixed first.
as most of important functions fixed next will be multimedia and other miner functions
UR team made promises due to complication took a bit longer I am 100% sure they will fix remaining problems
Promises when might >> take 7 days 14 days 21 days do not know but will be fixed very soon.
when a big project like tm 800 started also printing leaflet Etc.with ur team optimisms and future planning all feature were printed this the way manufacturer works
please wait a bit longer as you waited long time for other function this will be in queue
this the information I have from ur team

can i also ask you when the other so called teams that you told me where working on the box will be releasing the image ?

no team in their right mind will give an ETA on releasing an image, its reputation suicide to even attempt to do so, especially with how many 'unknowns' are there

then IF a team is mentioned, how many people would swarm their boards, asking 'when will it be done' ' where is it' 'whats in it' ' can you include...' and so on

[
gsmtech
Living in that past and thinking why and what happened is just waste of time ...think to day this box is excellent and working ok
ok few miner bits missing but will be fixed.
price drop is happening in all kinds of electronics ,dec,10 ..Samsung Led TV was £1495 I bought same thing in FEB 11 for £950
so what's wrong with tm reducing price are they desperate also Samsung ???.
we are living in real world with practical living and should accept not all will be in our favourite otherwise life gets boring.
this section is for original boxes not clones
is not fare to compare original to clones also it is tm800 section to help to fix problems not to moan
manic01You made best decision this should happen in any section of this forum.

Yes, the differecne with Samsung and other manufacturer products such as LED TV's is they also work as advertised from release date....They are NOT still broken. incomplete and advertised features still not working nearly one year after release like TM800HD...
Bascally all your customers have paid £250 to in effect be Beta testers for a product that was rushed to market for world cup sales profits...when it was clearly not ready...
So actually yes people should talk about the past history of this product..it;s a badly managed project...with countless delays, broken promises on release dates for fixes, non working features... I seriously dougb any other devleopment teams will support this reciever...I suppose thats what happens when you try to sell rebadged ITGate recievers without proper reseach and devleopment it back fires....Anyway, no more from me on this thread..enough said..

Yes, the differecne with Samsung and other manufacturer products such as LED TV's is they also work as advertised from release date

humax web tv
see-saw tv
sonys x bar media tv's
freesats web enabled receivers (took 18 months before the first one worked)
sky digitals 'interactive card slot for online purchases via your TV'
sky digitals (abandoned) satellite IDTV
spiderbox IPTV receiver

and theyre just off the top of my head, NONE of the above worked as advertised when released, most of them still dont, skys intercative slot for your bank card for example, has been in EVERY receiver since 1998, and STILL dont work as advertised ;)

humax web tv
see-saw tv
sonys x bar media tv's
freesats web enabled receivers (took 18 months before the first one worked)
sky digitals 'interactive card slot for online purchases via your TV'
sky digitals (abandoned) satellite IDTV
spiderbox IPTV receiver
and theyre just off the top of my head, None of the above worked as advertised when released, most of them still dont, skys intercative slot for your bank card for example, has been in EVERY receiver since 1998, and STILL dont work as advertised ;)

Spiderbox IPTV stb has never been sold/released so not a fair comment mate.

Last edited:

dr linux you havent answered my other question . Are ther other teams other than the UR team activley working on an imge for this box . I understand if you dont want to name them but you told the world that there where 8 teams working on an image and knowbody has heard a thing since . The only thing i heard was that teh vix team approached you to do something and TM wouldnt give them any boxes to test on , so can you confirm to me and thsi board that there are 8 teams working on an image ??

squig007

dr linux you havent answered my other question . Are ther other teams other than the UR team activley working on an imge for this box . I understand if you dont want to name them but you told the world that there where 8 teams working on an image and knowbody has heard a thing since . The only thing i heard was that teh vix team approached you to do something and TM wouldnt give them any boxes to test on , so can you confirm to me and thsi board that there are 8 teams working on an image ??

squig007

Thought there was a post somewhere saying that most of the development teams that were approached rejected the option to create a TM800HD image...because the codebase is incomplete and too much of a mess..also too different to Dreambox code..that development teans are used to working with.

Might be wrong, but I thought I read a post somewhere stating the above.

I will answer :)
DigitalWorldz are playing with the source and compiling from UR_ source thats available now :)

in fact I'm testing an image now thats I'm extremely happy with as its the first image where Ive had faultless recording from a HD channel :)

this is a compiled image not a UR_ modified image, complied and starts from wizard set up

no media as yet but a very stable image up to now :)

here is a video form a leaked beta that was worked on :)
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/255143/

Last edited by a moderator:

thats great news RAT cant wait to have a go and i think your right gmstech - i think i can remember hearing soemthing like that but surely not all the other teams walkedaway it's not that bad is it ?

squig007

the source has has a reworking from what Ive read too

as to not being the same as Dreambox code you are correct its a totally different chip so wont be the same
digi has explained this in many posts :) the TM800 is unique in the fact that is uses a different chip to other boxes that use the broadcom chip that is established

the source has has a reworking from what Ive read too

as to not being the same as Dreambox code you are correct its a totally different chip so wont be the same
digi has explained this in many posts :) the TM800 is unique in the fact that is uses a different chip to other boxes that use the broadcom chip that is established

Yup, NXP chipset and CPU...not so unique, theres a fake DM500HD clone that also uses a NXP chipset dont know if its the same as the TM800HD chipset/cpu though. Dreamer 500HD

squig007
As far as I know there will be few teams working it will be pointless to revile their names as thier images not ready yet
few waiting for HD skin driver which is ready but not rendered as soon as ready there will at least
few image available.
for others still working on it but there will be lots good news on its way you just have to wait how long I do not know
it will not be months more of weeks
------------------------------
gsmtech
As digidude explained in his last few post.
when gift box gets printed by any manufacturer and advise taken by hard war and s/w engineer for all functions then gets printed.
then comes obstacles like drivers bugs will slow down the process , some time 3 to 6 month delay
if this understood then life gets easy.also looking at engineers point of view which function is important to do first.please wait a bit longer I am sure you will be happy just utilise what you got .
---------
about other teams withdrawing ..you are wrong ..they are waiting for few drivers to be fixed to carry on
just wait and see.
as rat explained in full about new image coming which has hi bit rate driver so test it find out how good is that
there will be more image from more teams.
------------------------------
About fake dm 500hd .it is impossible to download DM image to NXP chip also nobody said NXP is unique
it is another chipset but different in core and application to broadcome.
as far as I know NXP for open source Linux only developed and all drivers written by UR team not others
---------------------------------

Last edited:

unique was the wrong word to use :err: I meant in relation to being the same chip as dreambox
see thats what happens when I try and use big words :tongue:

Dr Linux I am using a new DigitalWorldz compile at present :)

Back