tm800hd moans / randoms

Re: tm800hd moans

thanks Dr Linux - that has cleared a lot for me personally . I cant wait for new images to come out with new teams . the box needs freshened up with new stuff etc ...

squig007

How long does it take them to get the driver for full hd. You would of thought this would be on the top of their list for a hd box lol

as far as i know, theyre testing new drivers at the moment, the problems not with displaying an actual high definition picture, its the resolution for the on screen graphics, so the actual high definition IS HD, but, for existing HD skins to 'look' correct on the screen, a new driver sorting out differences between resolutions had to be created

forrest1066

I found installing some hard disk are a bit tricky

1-Format your hard disk with 02-02-11 again {press USB highlight on internal press red button to format when format finished press ok to save }
2-turn off tm800 from rear for one minutes then on
3-start recording any channel HD or SD
4-start plying back {I tested this way got positive result.
:Clap:

still doesnt work i have tried those instructions about 30-40 times and recording is just a waste of space on this box i have given up bothering to use it

@ Dr Linux
The main issue is the non-detection of HDD.

For me at least, it does not find the HDD all the time. As previosly said, even with a USB flash device in the back to give the STB a helping hand, it does not always find the SATA drive. I've tried a few including 3.5 drives. As said before, if it stalls for a while at 27/28%, the HDD is not found. The 2.5 drive has been formatted as per your instruction.

The fan is noisey and I switch the STB off when not in use, so this is a big issue for me.

during boot, it pauses at 27/28% and the starting screen flashes off and back on, if it hangs here for around 30 seconds, its not going to show the hdd when it has booted, in this case, i turn off and back on at the rear before it finishes booting, then when it has booted, ill press the usb button to check it is showing, then exit, i then press and hold the power button, and restart enigma, which seems to make things run faster

------------------------------
gsmtech
As digidude explained in his last few post.
when gift box gets printed by any manufacturer and advise taken by hard war and s/w engineer for all functions then gets printed.
then comes obstacles like drivers bugs will slow down the process , some time 3 to 6 month delay
if this understood then life gets easy.also looking at engineers point of view which function is important to do first.please wait a bit longer I am sure you will be happy just utilise what you got .
---------------------------------

- Ok so if boxes are printed with advice from hardware/software engineers..Then you get unexpected delays..fair enough that is understandable.

- Then why are TM still telling lies about box functionality in the TM800HD advert in the recent last month "What Satellite" Magazine...still advertised and being able to play media files, when we all know media player functionality does not work...So they can update the previous price drop in the advert...but they cant modify the "falsely" advertised feature set ?

- Good to hear at least that other teams "may" still support the box...Wont hold my breath though...

gsmtech

as explained so many times about multimedia in too many posts
printing advertising are reserved in advance some time will be few month before box being produced
also in many post I exaoplined
repeat again
engineers start with most important functions first if no obstacles or bugs then will fix what's left.
tm will be fixing this function soon just wait
your comments about tm is not correct ,tm only takes timetable from ur team to announce when a function will be fixed
if you understand machine coding and how Linux drivers written then you can give credit to UR team instead coming out with wrong comments
as now 95% of all functions fixed and taken long time if you wait a bit longer that function will be fixed
for your knowledge all Linux boxes include the mighty dm8000-vu+twin or sloes multimedia is not 100%after all that time.
----------------------
abu-baniaz

at this moment image 02-02-11 works perfect wit western digital blue but a bit fussy with others
as I understood from ur team soon there will wide banwith detection of all hard disk

Last edited:

gsmtech, Digidue has asked for non members to stop all the complaining mate
its not right non owners keep coming into this section causing friction

us owners are quite capable of posting our niggles lol :)

[at this moment image 02-02-11 works perfect wit western digital blue but a bit fussy with others
as I understood from ur team soon there will wide banwith detection of all hard disk

You say Western Digital Blue is best :) is that any of the Blue range and I see there are Caviar Blue, Scorpio Blue

is one recommended over the other ?

Cheers

Tm fitted a scorpion to my box Rat and it doesnt always reconise the hdd ?

is it a 5400 or 7200 spin squig do you know :)

I have scorpio blue wd5000bevt in mine and it works great. Always FF and RW have got a lot better in recent images.

- Good to hear at least that other teams "may" still support the box...Wont hold my breath though...

I cannot speak for other teams, but, Rat posted a few days ago that DW is, and has been for a very long time, looking at the TM source, for those who say 'a team doesnt release backups' download and flash the UR image, and create a backup from it, without breaking into the file structures, you cant.

there is also a youtube video of an image that has been being worked on for months, and if you use google, and search for something along the lines of 'leaked DW beta' im sure youll find a copy of the (unsupported) beta image that accidentally found its way into the wild

including DW and UR, i know 101% of 5 teams who are activley working on the source code, DONT PM me asking who it is, as i wouldnt put the other people trying to create an image under the added stresses of people swamping their boards asking what, where and when, the same as DW, when a few people think that it works good enough to be released to the public (who are a VERY hard lot to please, but, surprisingly simple to disappoint) then teams will start to release images

but

i can guarantee you that its NOT just the UR team working on it, even though credit should be given to them porting everything over in the first place, no matter where an image comes from in the future

-

Why would you hold your breath? You don't even own one of these and from the sounds of it would never buy a technomate product.

Rat i cant remember - ill have a look when i get home from work

I was on the phone with them today after a bout of 14 continuous reboots. They are aware of the HDD detection issue. They have found two types of WD drives that always work, the rest are hit and miss. The next release should have the fix included.

Re: removing main board from tm800hd

fdlsys

Long time no news from down under wow

I understood from tm that dealer was fully refunded about £200 for sending and receiving tm800 +total cost of receiver, you did not lose any money tm lost because you could not wait
wait is the fuss now
tm said will refund and they honored their commitment to dealer and non of you lost any money
if you are happy with your new box than this section is only for tm800 owners
---------------------
belmando

you do not own tm800 also you do not know full story
good idea will be not to judge
also this section is to help tm owners not repeating old boring story again,
---------------------------------------------
I think for latest image and recent instruction how to do also few images coming out soon
thanks to the 02-02-11 latest solution only multimedia and hd skin left to be done
now 100 times more satiable then before also with new HD driver picture just unbelievable
best ever HD picture i have seen in my new LED TV from tm800
shame some ex owners can not enjoy the best of what tm 800 can offer now
at reduced price even better .
I waited and I really like it more then ever
Latest DW image even make it more exciting:Clap::Clap::Clap:

thanks to the 02-02-11 latest solution only multimedia and hd skin left to be done

no auto switching 16:9/4:3 fix ?

if what im seeing updating on my screen (looking at the source code updates) means what i think it means, then itll only be media player left to fix

Back