TM-800 more info.......

Yeah theres many ways around it but I like my neatness/tidyness and less wiring/boxes for less wire clutter.

There are 1tb 2.5 hdds already.

There are some nice esata server boxes out there I guess if anyone wants too add larger storage with 2tb 3.5s as always :)

I was just thinking this box would be fantastic too play back my music/movies, decent media boxes that can play back mkv/mp3 alone are £100-150 !

WDTV 1st Gen (£70) or WDTV Live £90 both qua;lity players which play anything

Was reading a thread over at digital chaos http://www.************.co.uk/forums/f39/dm500hd-has-arrived-uk-96913/ regarding dreambox500hd seems alot of saying not too go for the tm-800hd saying technomates support is years behind dreamboxes.

If anything quite a few bods are saying go for the dreambox 500hd or decent dreambox clone over it?

I think ill wait and see approach give it a good few weeks after release date and see how good hd/cline is going.

it is true.
there is much less support for the tm's
but if you dont need your box to do cart wheels in the living room and just need a decent server or a reciever, then tm's usually are the best solution.

it is true.
there is much less support for the tm's
but if you dont need your box to do cart wheels in the living room and just need a decent server or a reciever, then tm's usually are the best solution.

I would say TM maybe OK for a client...definitely not for a server, for a start the cams shutdown disconnecting all clients when the box is in standby. Secondly CCAM doesnt work properly with a certain white card..it needs to be used in conjuction with NewCS there are also reports of glitching.

Then there is the widescreen 16:9 display issue. There is defintiely potential there if the software issues get addressed.

The TM800 if it's priced right and the software is OK should be good..especially as the Dm800 clones have ongoing tuner and overheating issues. If the DM800 clones sort out their act though, it's a different story..

I would say TM maybe OK for a client...definitely not for a server, for a start the cams shutdown disconnecting all clients when the box is in standby.

that's a bug in the last 3 or so public images, pretty sure it's been fixed for the next public release.

So do we have confirmation that the receivers will be available from Thursday, because this £200 is burning a hole in my pocket and I really don't want to buy a shonky Dreambox.

Regards

Liam

So do we have confirmation that the receivers will be available from Thursday, because this £200 is burning a hole in my pocket and I really don't want to buy a shonky Dreambox.

Regards

Liam

I thought the latest news was the 20th and £230

Back