temperamental DSTT card

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a DSTT card from dealextreame and I have to keep taking it in and out a fair few time fefore it will load :(

Ive contacted them and they adice I read there forums to see if there is a solution :eek:
any of you guys know what it could be ? as there forum aint that easy to navigate lol

well in that case its a fake of a fake lol

i just noticed there they have a new way of pointing out the fakes, as i already knew, wanted to double check so popped 1 of mine open, last 1 i have left here is a confirmed genuine :D

dealextreme selling dodgy memory sticks and now dodgy dstt's what next lol

when did you buy it rat just recieved 3 from dealextreme one was fake so sent them a RMA and they know about the fakes tried to blame the supplier but there sending me a new one and letting me keep the fake was the pegs glued that holds case together real dstt just pop open i was told

Last edited:
the pegs wasnt glued maca but if you look at the fake in this piccy again
http://www.ndstt.com/en/images/new_tt_en_large.jpg
you will see top left circled has 2 vent like strips
well thats the same as mine
see attach

the point me to there forum lol but send you a new card

Ive emailed them the info I found on there very own forum any way so just waiting for a reply :)

card arrived friday m8

Last edited:
Had 2 of mine go in a week too, took them apart and sure deal they were fake :(

I did have 1.16 firmware on them and people are suggesting that DSTT have deliberately put fake killing code in the 1.16 firmware, could be true.

I suggest anyone who has a DealXtreme DSTT to revert back to 1.15 asap just in case. 1.16 only has one japanese rom fix over 1.15 anyway.

Also another mystery is that ndstt.com changed the 1.16 software, the first one has a different (crc32) ttmenu.dat file from the one now available.. maybe they took out the fake killing code ? or maybe improved it.

Had 2 of mine go in a week too, took them apart and sure deal they were fake :(

I did have 1.16 firmware on them and people are suggesting that DSTT have deliberately put fake killing code in the 1.16 firmware, could be true.

I suggest anyone who has a DealXtreme DSTT to revert back to 1.15 asap just in case. 1.16 only has one japanese rom fix over 1.15 anyway.

Also another mystery is that ndstt.com changed the 1.16 software, the first one has a different (crc32) ttmenu.dat file from the one now available.. maybe they took out the fake killing code ? or maybe improved it.

you could try the advanced firmware which works on the dstt works on fake as for fake killer not sure if it will kill it though
Welcome to DSTT ADV Official Website

already done m8
speaking to a guy called Jack :) aint offered me a new one yet as said pointed me to forums for help lol

but Ive told him now I want a replacement Ill kepp ya posted maca .... you do the same m8 keep us posted :)

already done m8
speaking to a guy called Jack :) aint offered me a new one yet as said pointed me to forums for help lol

but Ive told him now I want a replacement Ill kepp ya posted maca .... you do the same m8 keep us posted :)

DealExtreme Customer Service Express: Wrong Item Received the link is for replacement
check for post made by raindy staff member in fake and glued down SKU 15613 thread on the main dstt page at the bottom m8 and yes will keep you informed :Cheers:

Does it still have the fault without the memory card in?

As i had a few that would not load with or without the memory card in, and they rma straight away

Does it still have the fault without the memory card in?

As i had a few that would not load with or without the memory card in, and they rma straight away

Mine did, just white screened on boot up but very occasionally would boot fully and work fine until the DS gets turned off, without the mem card they would occasionaly get past the white screen and report mem card error... both went exactly the same and as i said are confirmed fakes as seen in the latest ndstt.com fake pics

this thred has me worried now i have bought a ds lite from john lewis and a dstt from dealextreme for my partners birthday next week i have them and i loaded the dstt with the software and games and tried it before wrapping it up it booted ok. If it's a fake will it stop working after i have given it to her

edogg

Change the software to 1.15 for precaution, if you used 1.16 it might have fake killer code in it, my last 2 took around a week to die with 1.16 installed (?over voltage perhaps?). 1.16 has no benefits over 1.15 anyway, just one japan rom fix.

To make things more confusing NDSTT.COM released 2 versions of 1.16 software, confirmed with crc32 checks by many, so maybe they have taken out the killer code on the more recent version... ?shrugs?... as i said just avoid 1.16 for now. Just for info it was the first version I was using which seemed to kill my carts with a crc32 sum of CE7A3983 for the ttmenu.dat file, this version is probaly still about on many sites.

If your DSTT is fake (almost a certainty if purchased from DX) it should be fine with 1.15 unless the recent mass of failures is due to production issues instead.

Last edited:
again, as far as i know the fake dstt wont be "bricked", if they did that would be a great idea to stop having customers, think about it, bricking cards that people dont even know are fake??

the most the "bricking" can do if it even can pick up a fake is corrupt the memory card or delete the boot files from the memory card, in that case u just put the older firmware onto it and it works again

Hi,

I got a DSTT form Deal Ext about 2 weeks ago.

Its not a fake according to the images .I took it apart to check.

However, I often have to reboot or remove and reinsert the card for it to play any games.

The menu always boots but on selecting a game "loading" appears and then the DS hangs.

As I say, a few reinserts fo the card adn it works again. Weird, any suggestions.

Probaly crashing dure to bad contact.

Clean the contacts on the cart and slot-1.. A ladies small wooden lolly stick type nail file does the job perfectly, obvious don't bend any pins or anything, just fit it in where the connectors of a cart would go, gently rub the crud of the contacts. I had a DS that was dodgy recognising any ds cart and this trick cured it for good.

Back