Taxi fares

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a taxi driver and believe me he aint rolling in it, he can make good money when he works frid and sat nights but who really want to do that?.Remember you have got fuel costs,road tax, insurance, servicing the car, companys share and drivers share.Also if a driver is waiting about for half an hour with no hires then he still has to get paid and a 15 mile trip could take say 30 mins, then he may have to drive all the way back to where he just came to get next hire a further 30mins.Take all these into consideration i know what i do on a night out jump in taxi and spend the money f uck walking home in the cold.You dont even get considered for a job as taxi driver here unless over 25 well most anyway as insurance is just too dear

The only people who make the real money out of Taxis are the local council's and the Govt' in the tax they take from them in one way or another... If people earn good money, it's usually because they've earnt it, and worked hard for it. I doff my cap to these people...

Hope Digi and Slash get a good nights rest, and simmer down... All should be forgotten by the morning IMO...

nahh, ballocks man, forget all that, how much does it cost you to drive 10 miles mate ??? ffs, are you driving a 10.0 litre engine jet car, ilmfao, lol, 15quid for 10 miles ?? i drive a vauxhall Sri model and i can assure you that it only costs about £1quid for ten miles with the current high fuel prices. (maybe even less)

you are cheapskate m8!!! what time dids he pick you up? would you get out your bed and pick up drunk ass holes who complain about the fare? how far did he travel to get you? in future walk!!!!!

well I cant belive all the swearing in this thread :eek:

intresting read but I really dont think the swearing in every other post is needed :(

at the end of the day £1.50 a mile is cheap whether its by car, bus, train plane

take a look here £8.04 a mile

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1480175.stm

A ticket for travel in the city centre, between Covent Garden and Leicester Square on the Piccadilly Line, will set you back £1.50.

Since the stops are a mere 300 metres apart, that equates to £8.04 per mile

I've paid £14 for a 5 mile trip in a private hire!

Admittedly £2.80 of this was the tolls for the Liverpool tunnel - no matter whether you get a Liverpool or Wirral taxi you have to pay the toll going both ways (even if the Wirral taxi had a Liverpool drop off :() - but thats still £11.20 for the 5 mile trip.

BTW a Liverpool hackney wanted £25 for the same trip last time I asked. Fortunately a day ticket for the bus is only £3.50, its a pity they don't run back to the Wirral after ~11pm.

Last edited:
London Hackney Tarrif's

So you could pay upto £8 a mile here

that £1.50 per mile is looking good, I think your taxi driver done himself in there

I've paid £14 for a 5 mile trip in a private hire!

Admittedly £2.80 of this was the tolls for the Liverpool tunnel - no matter whether you get a Liverpool or Wirral taxi you have to pay the toll going both ways (even if the Wirral taxi had a Liverpool drop off :() - but thats still £11.20 for the 5 mile trip.

BTW a Liverpool hackney wanted £25 for the same trip last time I asked. Fortunately a day ticket for the bus is only £3.50, its a pity they don't run back to the Wirral after ~11pm.

Do they not have the night bus anymore? (used to be £1 though this was back in 1999).

Digicol. Chill dude, I share your sentiment but don't let this guy wind you up.

Slasher, If you think taxi drivers earn too much then why don't you become one (it's been implied on here that you are unemployed but are obviously able to drive), everyone wins.

I for one would take my hats off to them because it must be one of the hardest jobs in the world. If you work during the day then you get very few fares and therefore very little income, if you work at night then you might get extra income but you have to put up with abusive drunks, agressive drunks, and the threat of people throwing up all over your taxi not to mention the anti-social hours and the impact that it must have on your family life. There are occassions when I do feel taxi drivers take the pi$$, most notably airport pickups and any hackney journey around London, though £15 for 10 miles is an absolute bargain and im not sure i've seen anyone on here think that you were ripped off here.

Do they not have the night bus anymore? (used to be £1 though this was back in 1999).

Last time I took the night bus it was £3, several fights took place and we were crammed in like sardines. Also they don't start until 1am, so if you need to get back over the water between the last train/normal buses and the night bus its a taxi or wait.

Its also not unheard off for the night bus to kick every one off at the 1st stop out of the Wall'y tunnel, throw a u-turn and head back to Liverpool for another bus load of drunks...

Last edited:
Digicol. Chill dude, I share your sentiment but don't let this guy wind you up.

Slasher, If you think taxi drivers earn too much then why don't you become one (it's been implied on here that you are unemployed but are obviously able to drive), everyone wins.

I for one would take my hats off to them because it must be one of the hardest jobs in the world. If you work during the day then you get very few fares and therefore very little income, if you work at night then you might get extra income but you have to put up with abusive drunks, agressive drunks, and the threat of people throwing up all over your taxi not to mention the anti-social hours and the impact that it must have on your family life. There are occassions when I do feel taxi drivers take the pi$$, most notably airport pickups and any hackney journey around London, though £15 for 10 miles is an absolute bargain and im not sure i've seen anyone on here think that you were ripped off here.

people interested in my personal life again i see, hehehe, makes me laugh, and how am i unemployed, how do you know what i am, i could be fookin prince charlie for all you know, ilmfao.

and down in england ive been, i think its a rip off up in scotland never mind down there, you guys get really really ripped off. your choice though i guess.

Not really that interested in you but offered you a solution if you were unemployed. I can only assume that you must be unemployed or earning very little if you feel that somebody earning possibly £10-15/hour is ripping you off. I think you would have a cardiac if you had to get your boiler repaired, use a solicitor, pay a dentist, pay a mechanic or in fact use any other kind of service what-so-ever. Hey even your barber probably earns more than that (Just had my hair cut, cost me £8.50 and only took him 10 minutes) and he didn't have to buy any petrol to do that. LOL

Not really that interested in you but offered you a solution if you were unemployed. I can only assume that you must be unemployed or earning very little if you feel that somebody earning possibly £10-15/hour is ripping you off. I think you would have a cardiac if you had to get your boiler repaired, use a solicitor, pay a dentist, pay a mechanic or in fact use any other kind of service what-so-ever. Hey even your barber probably earns more than that (Just had my hair cut, cost me £8.50 and only took him 10 minutes) and he didn't have to buy any petrol to do that. LOL

so tell me then if iam unemployed how am i driving a brand spanking new vauxhall Sri then ?? fully paid etc and i always have nice sporty brand new cars every 2 1/2 years, sounds like someone that doesnt work dont it ?? hahaha, again, forget my personal life.
I dont need to pay for a mechanic, never have as my cars are 99% of the time under warranty.
My boiler is insured.
Dont need a solicitor, and hopefully never will.
Dentist, not seen one in about 15 years, thankfully i got good teeth and hope i dont need to go see him, lol, they would need to dart me with a horse tranquiliser to get me down and thats after 15 beers, ilmao.
Dont use my local barber, but i know people who do and its £4.50 for dry cut.

So anything else, lol ?

so tell me then if iam unemployed how am i driving a brand spanking new vauxhall Sri then ?? fully paid etc and i always have nice sporty brand new cars every 2 1/2 years, sounds like someone that doesnt work dont it ?? hahaha, again, forget my personal life.
I dont need to pay for a mechanic, never have as my cars are 99% of the time under warranty.
My boiler is insured.
Dont need a solicitor, and hopefully never will.
Dentist, not seen one in about 15 years, thankfully i got good teeth and hope i dont need to go see him, lol, they would need to dart me with a horse tranquiliser to get me down and thats after 15 beers, ilmao.
Dont use my local barber, but i know people who do and its £4.50 for dry cut.

So anything else, lol ?

Well it just makes you a tight bar steward then doesn't it!!!

Well it just makes you a tight bar steward then doesn't it!!!

ahahahahaha.

here, ive just noticed that someone has changed the main name of this thread from "UNFAIR TAXI PRICES" to just "TAXI FARES", whats that all about ?? why even touch the title, it wasnt doing no harm as it was, hmmm ?

here, ive just noticed that someone has changed the main name of this thread from "UNFAIR TAXI PRICES" to just "TAXI FARES", whats that all about ?? why even touch the title, it wasnt doing no harm as it was, hmmm ?

Maybe someone from above thinks the taxi fare was fair. Lol.
Ah well, maybe next time walk and have a few extra :Cheers:

Last edited:
Maybe someone from above thinks the taxi fare was fair. Lol.
Ah well, maybe next time walk and have a few extra :Cheers:

yea but they shouldnt be changing the names of thread, only way names of threads should be touched is if it was offensive or summit, but it wasnt.

And you say next time walk, ilmao, foook that, walk 10miles, you having a laugh, lol

ohhh really, so if a fare is 3quid the driver only makes about 1quid profit ??? away and dont talk garbage man, lol.

as i says before, when was the last time you seen a poor taxi driver, the fookers are dripping with money, all of them, i have several friends on both devides, hackney and privates, they all have great house's, all paid for of course, private car for the wife and kids etc, holidays at least maybe 5 times a year, need i go on ???

The foookers are at it and thats all there is about it, you all know it, youz are just trying to pick a fight with me now and forgetting about the fact that you hated every minute of being robbed last time you took that taxi journey, arent youz, tell the truth now ?

I used to be a controller for a huge cab firm.. so why dont you stop talking bolllocks ! and listen to what your told you arrogent pr!ck !

I KNOW what they earned ! I gave them the JOBS ! I know what they paid out, as I TOOK IT off them !

Your not going to listen to no one that done agree with what you have to say word for word, if you dont want replies.. dont fooking post.

TWAT

I used to be a controller for a huge cab firm.. so why dont you stop talking bolllocks ! and listen to what your told you arrogent pr!ck !

I KNOW what they earned ! I gave them the JOBS ! I know what they paid out, as I TOOK IT off them !

Your not going to listen to no one that done agree with what you have to say word for word, if you dont want replies.. dont fooking post.

TWAT

couldnt give a wet fart about you or your job mate, the price of the taxi is out of order for 10 miles, simple as that, and i dont get "told" from no'one, i make my own mind and rant up, and iam arrogant, can you please explain how/why iam arrogant then ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back