• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Taxi fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAROLANN

Inactive User
I went a fuckin private taxi journey last night, it was 10.6miles and the guy charged £15, i was like wtf man ??? after an argument i paid the guy as i didnt want to get the jail as i was on a night out.
But today i called his base and spoke to the fat controller and she explained the charges etc and going by what she says then the guy was correct.

My rant is though, 15quid for 10miles, i mean come on man !!!!!! it would have cost him about 1quid in fuel to do that journey, forget the overheads, the overheads is part n parcel of shit, i mean, i would have accepted maybe 10-12quid which i did expect but 15 is just ripping the piss right out it, i cant even calculate what kind of profit that is, but i guess its like 10000% profit, its fickin rediculous.

thats my rant :grrrr:

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
VIP Member
not really mate,

They have to have seperate insurance to carry passengers, extra servicing, the price of fuel now dont help.

Agree though it is alot of money for the distance but its how that industry is now..! the costs of insurance have sored lately.

tomyumgoong

Inactive User
plus they take a tonne of abuse and shit many times. after certain times at night it is 1.5 or double rate also

plus they take a tonne of abuse and shit many times. after certain times at night it is 1.5 or double rate also
Yeah, but this was a private cab, they have never been cheap and you cant hail them from the street (or they shouldnt stop if you do).

Where I live, to take a private cab from work to home cost £10, a black cab costs £5.

marty

Inactive User
I noticed a big increase the last time i went out.....it is mainly down to fuel costs...You can't say overheads are part and parcel......if you're running a business as they are they have to account for these otherwise why be in business???

digidude

VIP Member
VIP Member
taxis, pffft

15 quid or a 2 hour walk home, 15 quid wins every time. where i live the clubs are 18 limes away, a taxi will cost you 45 quid paid up front

but never mind all that

what a top avatar you have lol

I disagree, the black cab fares here havent changed at all for me in almost 6 months. Taxi from work to home has always been £5.

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
VIP Member
I disagree, the black cab fares here havent changed at all for me in almost 6 months. Taxi from work to home has always been £5.

That would be because the black taxi fares are set and regulated. Private hire cabs are not, the boss decideds on what they charge.

HibbyDave

VIP Member
VIP Member
The prices for a black cab in Edinburgh have not increased in over 2 years, the council knocked back any rates increase only last week, oh and we dont call them private hire it's pirate hire.:proud:

MH

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
and that avvy as a background full size would be nice:)

CAROLANN

Inactive User
its a ripoff whatever way you or them try and dress up these fares, i mean, 10miles, 15quid ??? what the **** man ?? i drive a car myself and i know that to run a car for 10 miles including all overheads and fuel etc it only costs maybe £1, so where the **** do they get a 15quid price from and a 150000000% profit ?

makes me sick man, i really do think i will be buying a cycle and going around drunk as a skunk on it knocking people down on pavements etc, lol, i cant afford these poxy taxi prices and it makes me want to punch the ****s lights out when they say the price, lol

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
VIP Member
its a ripoff whatever way you or them try and dress up these fares, i mean, 10miles, 15quid ??? what the **** man ?? i drive a car myself and i know that to run a car for 10 miles including all overheads and fuel etc it only costs maybe £1, so where the **** do they get a 15quid price from and a 150000000% profit ?

makes me sick man, i really do think i will be buying a cycle and going around drunk as a skunk on it knocking people down on pavements etc, lol, i cant afford these poxy taxi prices and it makes me want to punch the ****s lights out when they say the price, lol

no its not when there insurance per month can be £1000 ! simple solution, walk in future lol

I used to control cabs for a big office in romford, and see first hand how much these guys pay..!

you should have asked the price before got in the cab or phoned up £15 for 10miles is a good price

no its not when there insurance per month can be £1000 ! simple solution, walk in future lol

I used to control cabs for a big office in romford, and see first hand how much these guys pay..!

where are you getting your insurance and the taxi place your calling are they driving rollers .lol

jaffa

Inactive User
Last year a taxi from our club was £3.50 and now its £5, thats a big increase but I dont really mind as it just means they dont get a tip, I always just gave a £5.

I say from the club as I walk to it and usually dont walk home as I am afraid of the dark....:proud:

btw...I fekkin hate taxi drivers, they think they own the bloody raod but I am grateful to them for doing a good job.

Kris

Inactive User
A taxi 3 miles down the road here was £5 last time I went in a taxi and that was a couple years ago. I dread to think what it is now.

digicol

Inactive User

Wake up and live in the real world!!!

Yeah it may have been private hire but overall that is cheap.

Work it out, that is one journey, 10 miles, 15-30 minutes work depending on traffic, the company has to pay the controller and the driver and the fuel. I drove taxis for 6 years form 2000-2006 (ish).

£6 per hour each so that makes that 30 minute journey £6 pay for both he driver and controller, then the cost of fuel, tax, insurance, upkeep of the vehicles, overheads for the companies premises etc, etc, not to mention separate liability insurance for broth drivers and passengers.

I think your rant is a little silly, if I want to get beyond it I say it is out right fucking ludicrous.

When was the last time you had a cup of coffee or a bacon sarnie from a take away vendor? Maybe a Big Mac or a burger King? Maybe bought a DVD from Woolworths or something like that? Do I hear you raving about the costs of living from the big nationwide companies and supermarkets robbing you blind?

Do I ****!!!!

EDIT:

P.S.

Spy on my lass and my other lass in bed again and I will get the mods to sort ya out!!!! Please remove my two birds from your avatar!!!

(By the way Slasher, this is the rant room so I am just ranting back mate, no hard feelings buddy.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.