Routers superhub 2 setup

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys - after getting very poor signal with superhub, virgin media have sent me a superhub2 as a self install, its still packed in the box, havnt connected it yet..how do i go about setting it up?...shall i just connect it all up and it should sync automatically ?or do i need to phone them.ta

You will need to write down the MAC details of the new hub. Connected it all up but dont power it on just yet. Then phone the automated system and it should activate it for you or you may put through to a person. Once its activated it takes about 20 minutes to get back online.

Yeah as stated above I set mine up recently and its straightforward. Phone call is automated so just follow the instructions

thanks guys..all done up and running, shame ps3 is not capable of working on the 5Ghz band, my htc one is, but was straight forward....connected all up, bloke on phone asked for mac address, up and running in about 20 mins lol..

the wifi on the hub 2 isn't much better.

ive complained alot to vermin about this and got 30quid off me bill to by a router.

Mine does seem seem better with the new AC hub and the 5Ghz is faster on mobile but poor upstairs.

Mine does seem seem better with the new AC hub and the 5Ghz is faster on mobile but poor upstairs.
yes mine is same, althought the signal is slightly better but not much. However on the plus side is i can get the parental control to work, for some reason it would work on the superhub1, which made me buy a asus rt-n66u dual band router, which is now surplus to requirement lol, i needed a way to block the kids from sitiing on the net for ages, be it with the pc downstairs or there mobile devices, shame this superhub doesnt allow you choose particular times for particula days, it seems to be able to block access for example 1700 to 2000 each day, i would like to allow access for them longer at weekends lol..

Back