super paper mario update warning

Just brought another. OUCH!
I will see if there's a way to fix these. It may be a case of reprogramming the bios chip on the wii.
I'll let you know when I find out more.

Woody.

Cant you just put your broken one back in the box and take it back using the reciept you had with the new one?

On a lighter note, I managed to get Mario working. Didnt realise when you put the disc in it doesnt promtp you or anything you have to click on the disc to get the ball rolling. Unlike the others which show a sort of splash screen.

updated wii with latest update 2.2e wiifree 2.39a games started with update after update finished no bricking working fine on my wii wow

The ethernet idea does not fix this problem. I was reading that Nintendo are looking at a flash fix for this.

You can send your Wii back to Nintendo for £54. This is the price you pay (£54) for invalidating the warranty

Last edited:
ok it is possible to fix this problem

the wii aint totally dead

its just looking for a file which aint there or ahs been replaced by a ntsc version

u will need to lift the nand flash chip

which has firmware .etc on it

dump it

extract ur serial no .etc and other things relevant to ur wii

get a wii which is already flashed to latest firmware over net

and do dump of that chip

enter ur details in it

write to bricked wii

solder chip

and u should be sorted

now just find some one who was able to do the 78fk xbox360 drives lifting the chip from the black glue .etc

just got back off my hols, and my sister said her wii has stopped working.

i knew staright away what she was gonna say.

yep, she put mario in, and let it update, now it's not working.

i hope it can be fixed soon, as she is going mad.

There might be some good news coming for bricked wii's. Some bright spark has managed to Dump the Wii NAND Flash and posted some pics...

w*w.wab.com/WABMODS/WAB-WII/new/

Not sure if this means anything to anyone!!!

just got back off my hols, and my sister said her wii has stopped working.

i knew staright away what she was gonna say.

yep, she put mario in, and let it update, now it's not working.

i hope it can be fixed soon, as she is going mad.

i thought if your wii was updated to the latest version you could play mario ? im still waiting on nao to try it on his, so that i can find out if its safe to play on mine pmsl

berly its safe if u are connected to the net with wii and have the latest update
I was worried doing mine I must admit (sweating) lol
but all was fine with the latest update on ;)

mines updated fine i to was sweatin lol just wonder if theres a way to delete the update from the games iso and replace it with uk update? also i think this game is a bit crappy have to wait like 10 mins to go through intro!

i thought if your wii was updated to the latest version you could play mario ? im still waiting on nao to try it on his, so that i can find out if its safe to play on mine pmsl

she has never had it plugged in to the net, so it has never had an update.

i told her to take hers back to shop (her friend works at Woolworths) and get a refund, and sh can have mine and buy me one when they are back in stock.

unless a fix comes out within next 7-14 days.

she has never had it plugged in to the net, so it has never had an update.

i told her to take hers back to shop (her friend works at Woolworths) and get a refund, and sh can have mine and buy me one when they are back in stock.

unless a fix comes out within next 7-14 days.

I personally don't think there will be a quick fix in the short term. From all that I have read, people are sending the units back to Nintendo, so your sister is definately best off taking it back to Woolies and getting a replacement

ok i have read that simply swapping the flash chip wont solve ur problem becasue it just give a black screen

what would be cool is if some one had a spare wii without the update from net

dump chip

update using the update on the game

then dump chip and compare what parts were written

and just edit / patch the bricked dump

and solder back and see if it works

if it does then ur sorted

other wise flash ur working dump back and ur wii will still be ok

but defo no quick fix going to come out yet

unless more peeps do testing

i cant because im not that good at soldering chips like that

but some one with a hot air rework station could easily do it depending on experiance

and some one who has a good understanding of programming languages .etc

just a thaught

ok i have read that simply swapping the flash chip wont solve ur problem becasue it just give a black screen

what would be cool is if some one had a spare wii without the update from net

dump chip

update using the update on the game

then dump chip and compare what parts were written

and just edit / patch the bricked dump

and solder back and see if it works

if it does then ur sorted

other wise flash ur working dump back and ur wii will still be ok

but defo no quick fix going to come out yet

unless more peeps do testing

i cant because im not that good at soldering chips like that

but some one with a hot air rework station could easily do it depending on experiance

and some one who has a good understanding of programming languages .etc

just a thaught

Some work already done on this indicates that reading the firmware off the tsop48 is problematic. Reports state that there is some sort of protection on the chip when trying to read pin 38

berly its safe if u are connected to the net with wii and have the latest update
I was worried doing mine I must admit (sweating) lol
but all was fine with the latest update on ;)

hi rat, im downloading this game now, once ive got it have i to make sure ive got my wii connected up to the net before i insert the game? and does it ask you anything when you load the game ? soz for all the questions but i really want to play this game but im so wary of bricking the wii at the same time, oh and if it ask me things do i just ok it or say yes

I don't think its neccesary to be connected to the net when you load game, just make sure your firmware is 2.2E before you load the game. I was connected to net when i loaded it up, if it makes you feel safer and you have wifi connection then do it anyway.

yeah as tony said :)
the wii will go through a fake update,update bar goes accross quite fast but nothing happens (that I know of) then game pops up :)
just make sure u have the latest updates from Nintendo and u SHOULD (lol) be fine ;)

awww dont like the word SHOULD lol, i dont want a bricked wii :roflmao:

at the rate this bleedin game is downloading at, it'll be tomorrow before i try it out, but i'll update thread WHEN it plays ok :)

berley i updated yours and nao's wiis before returning them, you are both on 2.2E firmware

Back