super paper mario update warning

what is actualy wrong do you get a menu can you get your wii online to try and dl a pal update?
if you cant get online i heard ssx blur has got a firmware update (don't know if its 2.1E) you could try loading that see if it rolls back the firmware.
people with bricked wii's need to post details so we can all work on a fix

cheers andy
Hi Andy,

After Mario updated all I get is a screen telling me that the web address is unavailable (EU/Eu/ENG/Setup/Screensave.html), and two links to opera Help & Opera online support.
The wii remote can't click on the 2 links but you're able to move the hand on the screen.
Only 1 blue light is visible on the botom of the remote. No1.

This screen appears on every bootup regardless of disc or not.

Hope that's enough info.

Thanks for reading.
Woody.

Hi Andy,

After Mario updated all I get is a screen telling me that the web address is unavailable (EU/Eu/ENG/Setup/Screensave.html), and two links to opera Help & Opera online support.
The wii remote can't click on the 2 links but you're able to move the hand on the screen.

Hope that's enough info.

Thanks for reading.
Woody.

Is your Wii connected to the Internet?

It might not have bricked your Wii - it sounds as if it hasn't finished your update as it cannot connect to the Internet.

Hopefully if you can establish an intenet connection it will resolve the problem as the page will be able to load?

Last edited:
Forgot to add.
SSX Blur makes no difference.
Whatever disc you put in, it boots with the same 'Address Unavailable' screen.

How would I connect to the Internet as I can't seem to do a thing with it?

Thanks
Woody

How would I connect to the Internet as I can't seem to do a thing with it?

Thanks
Woody

yeah just thought that. there is no way you can setup a connection without going into the menus.

if there is a way to establish an internet connection i think you would be sorted, but that's the problem...

has anyone rang nintendo? sounds silly as you have modded your wii but whats the worst that they can say? i dunno if they would want to break ppls consoles? at best stop us playin backups but to brick the wii is harsh..
oh what about trying the usb router connection to access t'internet? anyone tried that?

has anyone rang nintendo? sounds silly as you have modded your wii but whats the worst that they can say? i dunno if they would want to break ppls consoles? at best stop us playin backups but to brick the wii is harsh..
oh what about trying the usb router connection to access t'internet? anyone tried that?

Its worth trying, but again i think you need to go into the menus to setup the connection

There was talk of a Wii startup disk, with the original firmware on, but i think nintendo didn't ship it in the end.

woodchin where are you based?

suppose a phone call to the big n might result in a disc being sent out? try taking it back to the shop and exchanging it for a new 1? not the nicest thing to do but could be the only option other that shelling out another 180 quid...

It think it is definately worth trying the Lan-ethernet option first. I'm half convinced that it picked up my adaptor with a DHCP IP address automatically without me going into the menus

I live in West Essex
Tried connecting the wii to my NTL cable modems usb port, but still get the same results.
The modem's usb light lights up upon connection so it see's something there.
I cant connect it to my router as it hasn't got a usb port (Linksys WRT54G)

I live in West Essex
Tried connecting the wii to my NTL cable modems usb port, but still get the same results.
The modem's usb light lights up upon connection so it see's something there.
I cant connect it to my router as it hasn't got a usb port (Linksys WRT54G)

You need the official Wii Ethernet adaptor

If you were in Manchester you could pop it round and plug it into mine

Maybe someone in West Essex on this forum might have one.

I'm not sure it would work, but you ain't got anything to lose by trying

am i right in saying people who have this problem are screwed? even if it need to finish update ur console will have ntsc firmware? or is there a way to change once updated? glad i grabbed this game late i spent sleepless nights tryin to chip the little b**tard not goin to risk bricking it now i might jst wait till the pal version is realeased?

am i right in saying people who have this problem are screwed? even if it need to finish update ur console will have ntsc firmware? or is there a way to change once updated? glad i grabbed this game late i spent sleepless nights tryin to chip the little b**tard not goin to risk bricking it now i might jst wait till the pal version is realeased?

What's interesting is that it is pointing his Wii to EU/Eu/ENG/Setup/Screensave.html which seems to suggest the EU firmware rather than the NTSC firmware.

If its the JAP firmware it's JP/JP/JPN/SETUP/SCREENSAVE.HTML

and I assume if its the NTSC firmware it will be sumat like US/US/ENG/SETUP/SCREENSAVE.HTML

It would be interesting to know the full url of EU/Eu/ENG/Setup/Screensave.html if anyone knows?

i just hope nintendo haven't stumbled across somthing by mistake
mabay they could put sectors on the disc that would not normaly be read but if a mod tells the wii to access all sectors.they could brick all modded consoles.
i'm no expert but AFAIK drivemods just tell the cd rom what the backup can't.but i'm sure that no release group would not put out an iso that would brick consoles.
if nintendo do go down this route and i'm not sure the can the mod sene would need to go down the route of upgradable mods with new firmware for every new type of protection introduced.

i realy don't know about the viability of this but would like to hear more from users that know more about how drive mods work

cheers andy

Hi Andy,

Hope that's enough info.

Thanks for reading.
Woody.

woodcihn i just read this on another fourm and dont know if its BS.as its not been confirmed as working.i also don't know where the battery is.

"the problem i hear is from not being fully updated and someone said its fixed by unplugging the wii and pulling that battery out for a bit. I have a ntsc but i talked to many people with pal's that it works fine, just make sure its updated."

let us know how you get on

cheers andy

woodcihn i just read this on another fourm and dont know if its BS.as its not been confirmed as working.i also don't know where the battery is.

"the problem i hear is from not being fully updated and someone said its fixed by unplugging the wii and pulling that battery out for a bit. I have a ntsc but i talked to many people with pal's that it works fine, just make sure its updated."

let us know how you get on

cheers andy

that's definately worth a try, woodchin hasn't got anything to lose.

I was brave enough to give Super Paper Mario (the QwiiF release) a go in my Wiikey (region patch on) modified Wii, using firmware V2.1E.

I checked that there were no updates for the Wii using the net before popping the DVD in.

Sure enough as soon as I poppped the disk in it asked me if I wanted to do an update, nervously I selected yes and crossed my fingers. It stated that the update was successful (it wrote something) and went back to the Wii menu. I checked the firmware in system settings and it was still at V2.1E. The game was now visible in the drive, unlike when i first put it in.

Loaded the game and works fine. I have rebooted the Wii and done a complete power off. All seems normal.

I will report an weird things that happen on the machine, since doing the update

Done a number of tests on the Wii now and can't see any problems

Last edited:
how do you know what update your Wii has? I am constantly updating mine but it says there are no updates (I'm just paranoid cos I dont wanna wreck my wii) Thanks in advance

Back