super paper mario update warning

Go to the system settings and it tells you the version in the top right hand corner. If there are no updates available then you have V2.1E

You da man.... Just gonna burn Mario and see what happens - fingers crossed :)

You da man.... Just gonna burn Mario and see what happens - fingers crossed :)

don't blame me if it goes pear shaped though :)

should be ok, worked for me and it seems to be the procedure that people are following on the net to get this working

Hey guys, just an update. bricked mine yesterday, took the chip out, took the wii back to the shop and they checked it out, phoned nintendo and they didnt know what the prob was or how to fix it so told them to give me a new one which they did! maybe others can do the same before nintendo get wind of whats went on.

Put the wiikey in the new wii, noticed that its a d2b chipset not like before and now my backups dont work? checked the install all looks ok.. maybe i had an early wiikey? or the bricking messed the chip up? interesting...

Anyone in the belfast area a dab had at soldering installing etc that could give it a quick look over for me? beer or actual pounds may be had lol

thanks all and good luck to anyone else in the same boat!

depends if u got a old wiikey

i read somewere that the old 1 dont support d2b

thats 1 thing i like about the wiifree

its cheap

opensource hex

update nearly every other day...lol

and gets quite quick fix's

and if u got it socketed like me then easy to update .etc

woodcihn i just read this on another fourm and dont know if its BS.as its not been confirmed as working.i also don't know where the battery is.

"the problem i hear is from not being fully updated and someone said its fixed by unplugging the wii and pulling that battery out for a bit. I have a ntsc but i talked to many people with pal's that it works fine, just make sure its updated."

let us know how you get on

cheers andy

Yesterday I removed the chip which meant the battery was out and the console was unplugged for 20 minutes or so.
This didn't help.

well my d/l has finished and wondering if to bother with this or not ?
my Wii is running 2.1E so looks safe enough but is it worth the risk ?
so u guys just ignor when it askes u to update ?
is there a cancel option or do u ok it ?
this is the one I d/l Super_Paper_Mario_USA_Wii-QwiiF

That's the one I used.
From what I've read on this and other forums, it's best to update on-line first to get the latest possible version then load the game and wait for it to finish updating your wii.
Keeping fingers crossed at all times.
It should work.

As for me, I'm steering clear of NTSC games in future, too much risk.

Woody

nintendo have just updated the wii to 2.2e so thats the latest version, my sons is still going strong he loves this new mario game

updated ....thanks :)

hmmm now has anyone bricked there wii with the new firmware update ?

There are so many variants of people having it working and having it mess up. From what I have read. You "Should" be ok as long as you have -

Very latest firmware - 2.2e
Connection to the net - eg. Wireless

The game will still ask to update, let it go through the motions then reboot. The game should appear in the Wii Logo top left.

WOOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOOOOO i did it and it worked :Hit:
will this have to update every time the game is inserted or just the once ?

thats good then was worried as the kids might of got confused when inserting that game :)

alls good ;)

OK so what am I doing wrong? My wii works fine with all PAL games all the same dvd's I have a wiikey installed with no problems. I try to play SPM and it doesnt read the disc - confussed cos I am! I used the config disc to set the wii to play ntsc games and when I reboot it reverts back to the original config - please help its driving me mad :) thanks

OK so what am I doing wrong? My wii works fine with all PAL games all the same dvd's I have a wiikey installed with no problems. I try to play SPM and it doesnt read the disc - confussed cos I am! I used the config disc to set the wii to play ntsc games and when I reboot it reverts back to the original config - please help its driving me mad :) thanks

Do you save the configuration changes using the config disk?

you could try patching the iso with regionfri instead of letting the chip do it, it may work

Back