Super Hub my Ar&e

Apologies, should have posted that i am a beta tester

Had a quick look and cannot see any options for ddns.
In fact the only difference seems to be modem mode.

What have they asked you to look at?

I'd be interested to know how well the modem mode works

What have they asked you to look at?

Well they were supposed to be getting the beta testing part of the forum online so we could reports any bugs, but thats not available at the moment.

Now been 12 days without needing to reboot, running xbox360, ps3, ipad laptop & a couple of wireless dreamboxes & so far so good. No dropouts, gaming seems fine. HD streaming as been spot on over wireless.... fingers crossed that this continues.

Works absolutely fine, it disables all but one port on the hub, easy to set up too. I only ran in that mode for a few hours but from what im reading on the beta forum its working as it should.

Another delay im afraid fellas

"With the help of our trialists we've found a bug in the R29 Firmware that can cause the Super Hub to lock up while using wireless at 5Ghz. We think this is serious enough that we don't want to release the firmware without it being fixed.

The good news is that we have a fix for this from Netgear that we've been testing over the last few days and we'll be testing this with the users who've helped identify this issue this week. If this is successful then we'll upgrade all our existing beta testers for further testing.

Apart from this issue we've had a lot of positive feedback from our testers, who've seen a big reduction in lockups and reboots while using R29. We know some of you are frustrated at how long this is taking but we want to make sure that the firmware is free of significant bugs and that means testing it thoroughly in our labs and with our beta testers."

There are a lot of unhappy customers on their forum. They should make the beta available to anyone to download rather than just a select few.

Why ain't the netgear testers good enough without relying on outsiders,products should be working before being seen out and advertised(Tivo also comes to mind)

I got superhub last week and since I have been having to reboot it atleast 2-3 times a day! Called VM up today and the tech seem to know what he was on about and said he will send an update to my modem which should fix any issues and added £10 credit to my account.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

V5.5.2R26 is not the new firmware.

Booooo just read the issue with R29. Gonna be waiting a few more months now :-(

Just checked mine and its v4.4r10. This must be a really old firmware.
How do i get a new firmware update for this , i'm having loads of problems with it

Well v/m came to fit a superhub last week but asked the engineer if He'd got a ambit 300,to which He replied we don't supply them anymore but He'd got one with Him & would I like to try it ? well I did & it's working fine with my netgear 600.
So glad I didn't have to take the "Superdud"
cheers..

It's getting to be a bloody farce. Wasn't this supposed to be getting done originally about 6 months ago?

Fair enough they need to fix the bugs for some users but for the ones that just want modem mode then as long as that is stable LET US HAVE IT. Once in modem mode any bugs in the wifi are irrelevent, give people the ability to upgrade if they want

you dont need new f/w to use it just as a modem plug your decent router into the vm crap and dmz the ip address in the vm crap ive set 2 people up doing it the same way sorted port forwarding issues and every other prob the piece of crap makes, i was lucky i jumped on 50mb soon after it was released and got the modem & router separate soon replaced the router though it was a dlink 615 if i remember right its a good one but i wanted a gigabyte network.

just to add if you decide to do the above turn wifi off on the vm crap to save confusion and tbh at this point you wont be using it.

I've set up the DMZ, and it works, but I have issues with name resolutions between my networks which I stuck with until the bridge mode

e.g.

My wireless network on the DIR615 is on 192.168.1.*
My LAN on the superhub is on 192.168.0.*

If I try and browse a device on 192.168.0.* from a PC on 192.168.1.* it fails and vice versa :-( Bridge mode will sort this for me

Mines upgraded to R30 overnight so modem mode is now showing along with a few other bits by the look of it. Didn't have time to properly check before I left for work

Latest news on firmware r30
Just a brief update with some positive news, from what we can see from your feedback and our own testing R30 is looking very positive with no show stopping bugs. So we're currently planning to release the R30 firmware generally next week, we'll make the final decision on Monday the 12th and announce it here.

Just checked and I'm on R30. So I must have been accepted for the beta but not had an email or anything. It's good to finally switch on the modem mode :)

Mine was fine on R29 but now im on R30 i started getting freezing every 20 to 30 seconds on the wireless dreambox, it would freeze for about 15 seconds at a time. Switched to using a wireless access point and have not had one freeze since. So looks like it'll be modem mode for me too..... Just need to find a decent dual band router now.

Back