Strange Speed Issues

GeeBee

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can any one explain this for me?

I have a subbed STB which runs at 4mb which isnt used and I have a SB4200 which has been running hapily for about a year. I've been running on 20mb for a while but recently noticed it had slowed down. I've done speed checks over the last couple of days and every time i get 4mb. I've changed the modem mac but it hasnt made a difference.

I have dual boot xp and vista on my pc and the strange thing is when i booted up with vista and did speed tests i got between 10mb and 16mb.

Whats going on?

Can any one explain this for me?

I have a subbed STB which runs at 4mb which isnt used and I have a SB4200 which has been running hapily for about a year. I've been running on 20mb for a while but recently noticed it had slowed down. I've done speed checks over the last couple of days and every time i get 4mb. I've changed the modem mac but it hasnt made a difference.

I have dual boot xp and vista on my pc and the strange thing is when i booted up with vista and did speed tests i got between 10mb and 16mb.

Whats going on?
ive noticed that when ur xp is used for a while and cluttered then this slows down a speedtest but this is not accurate the best way to tell is download a torrent and it will be a lot more than that of ur speedtest.

Hi there this might be wrong but I was told that the 4100 and 4200 can't handle the new 20 meg. Ive got 2 modems running 20 meg ones a 5100 the other a 4100 my 5100 runs fine at 20meg and not during peak times gives me 20 meg well i d/l about 2350 kbs why my 4100 only ever kicks out around between 5-6 meg tried on both computers and no change. My friend says they cant handle the new 20 meg, I thought they were all capable of holding something like 37meg thereabout but obviously not the 4100 and 4200!

Back