Still trying to resurrect my old pace box's

ashbash

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok folks got myself geared up with a new infinity usb programmer and ATMega 163 cards, to try and resurrect my 2 old pace Di1010 phase 1b box’s, so far I have downloaded loads of tutorials, guides, software and bits and bobs, some of which I was advised in my first post about getting these box’s back up and running other stuff I have downloaded after reading some of the guides. It just seems to get to the point where the more I read the more I seem to get confused?
Now I have checked that my Bk and ird are correct so everything fine there. I have the box’s powered up and I can get all free view channels but nothing encrypted I have tried using several guides for programming my cards in attempting to get these box’s working but to no avail.
Anyway I tried loading APE v2 5ATW.hex as the flash also tried TW RST 01.06.07.hex and ATMEGA_TW_16_08_2006.HEX now as for the ext eeprom I first off used file I made up with rippedhex v1 entered my ird forwards and backwards, I have also made a file using toxic 6 and then swap bin hex again using my ird both forward and backwards now I have writing loads of different combinations of these files onto the cards in attempting to get these box’s working but still nothing if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated never know in the end I could write a now guide for newbees by a newbee.
if anyone has got some pointers to help me out I would be very grateful I am getting to the point where I am thinking about putting them back in the cupboard and just giving up but the thought that I am missing something simple keeps bugging me and making me want to get it sorted all the more.:comp1:

try your bk the reverst way ie 12 ** ** ** , ** ** ** 12 your code for the key change is correct m8

pm me your info and will make the files up for you

Last edited:
Hi mate, i use Toxic 7b, enter cam, i usually use 44 55 66 77 don't know if its right but it works.Enter ird, as said previously if it doesn't work forward try reversing it so the 12 is at the end rather than the front. Enter Boxkey click your area at the bottom of the box then save as your ext eep. Use APE v2 as your flash. Any probs mate pm me your files and i will make them up for you.

What is youre card status in the eng menu m8?

What is youre card status in the eng menu m8?

sorry mate i don't know what menu your talking about if your referring to the message displayed on the box after i insert the card its either your card is invalid or your card is not inserted correctly I'm really showing how thick i am at all this lol

the engineers menu,hold the up and down arrows on front of display,power up the box while still holding the the up and down arrows until the engineers menu pops up.

the engineers menu,hold the up and down arrows on front of display,power up the box while still holding the the up and down arrows until the engineers menu pops up.[/QUOTE
Card Status : MUTE Err ? not got a clue what thats all about but

When i have seen this before i asked around and was told it was a problem with the card unit in the box and that it would need replacing.

hi mate i guess u are trying to do an atmega 163 card if u are getting an error message(smart card not inserted ect) then its either ird wrong always forward as far as i know for atmega or u are not using APEv2 as flash or a bad ext image failing all that then maybe a contact in the card slot stuck up not making contact to the card if u are not getting an error message but only have non encrypted channels then the bk is wrong/fake hope this helps

Last edited:
I had the same error a couple of days ago,(mute err).i did as you have been doing trying different flashes,dont know if it helps but i made sure i erased the card a couple of times to be on the safe side.eventually got the right flash,i still get an error sometimes, youre card is not inserted i just take it out and push it back in.it updates settings and thats it.by the way it was the ape flash that worked for me.

Just to let you all know I know have the box's up and running now solely down to the very kind offer to make up the files from Gary thanks mate without your help I would still be getting stressed out or worse still the box's would have went on eBay along with the cards and programmer and that would have been a sore one (I'm a tight Scottish c**t don't like losing money lol) anyway thanks again Gary top man.:THANKS:

Should say encase anyone else who has a similar problem looks at this thread that at the time of making this post I do not have any idea what it was that I was doing wrong. with a bit of luck and if Gary is able to explain how he made up the files I will post what I did and more importantly what I should have done in order to get the box's up and running and if it helps anyone show your appreciation by thanking Gray not me for he is the person who had the knowledge and was kind enough to take the time to help me out. Once again Gary thanks mate.

Open up Toxic (be sure you have the right one for your area) and you will get a greeting message, just click ok and you will see a window with some box's in. You need to input information into these box's.

Cam ID Just put any numbers in, i normally use 22 33 44 55. You can use the same numbers for any number of cards.

IRD Enter this forwards as in 12 ** ** ** some people reccomend putting it in reverse but i have never had to do that

Boxkey Enter your box key forwards

Key 0 Leave blank

Key 1 Leave blank

At the bottom you can click whichever area you are in you are in TW so click TW

Click save and you will be able to save your new external eep to your desktop or whereever.

Find the appropiate Flash file.

Put card in programmer, i always erase before reprogramming. Enter external eep and flash into program and program card.

That should be it.

Open up Toxic (be sure you have the right one for your area) and you will get a greeting message, just click ok and you will see a window with some box's in. You need to input information into these box's.

Cam ID Just put any numbers in, i normally use 22 33 44 55. You can use the same numbers for any number of cards.

IRD Enter this forwards as in 12 ** ** ** some people reccomend putting it in reverse but i have never had to do that

Boxkey Enter your box key forwards

Key 0 Leave blank

Key 1 Leave blank

At the bottom you can click whichever area you are in you are in TW so click TW

Click save and you will be able to save your new external eep to your desktop or whereever.

Find the appropiate Flash file.

Put card in programmer, i always erase before reprogramming. Enter external eep and flash into program and program card.

That should be it.

1 thing he missed
you must do the flash last cos ext eep writing erases flash
Also if you think its the card reader in the box has a prob
Get a nthell card and put in box thats not paired
If it still says mute error then try 2 cards 1 on top of other

I've always written both files together without any problems. It only erases the file if you want to read or save but for programming i have never had a file erased. I am using an infinity not sure what procedure is for other programmers

Yeah mines the same as crackerchalk,writing ext eep erases the flash.its an ifinity usb too.

Back