Step 1 help needed

yeah thats good , now you need to probe R707 , make sure you have the serial lead plugged into the com port also,
yes all like this

Port Properties
io add 0xF800
type sata
channel primary
pos master
device intel(r)n10/ich7 family serial ata storage controller -27c0

drive properties
VENDOR PLDS
NAME DG-16D2S
FW REV 7485
RESERVED 0CA0A1D608CG84181000
DVD KEY NOT FOUND

Thats what I have

does that tell us something

Coley

info says comports detected ok
got a green light on probe
about 16 dots and just a rotaing mouse pointer
stuck here

Coley

Just a thought coley , do you know if the drive was flashed already?
info says comports detected ok
got a green light on probe
about 16 dots and just a rotaing mouse pointer
stuck here

Coley

do you know it crossed my mind 2 I dont know why though

there was a security sticker on it but it looked a bit wrong and the dvd drive was held in with a small strip of ali tape

How can I check

Coley

Do you have a back up game you could try? That ali strip should be there its a grounding strip.
do you know it crossed my mind 2 I dont know why though

there was a security sticker on it but it looked a bit wrong and the dvd drive was held in with a small strip of ali tape

How can I check

Coley

just checked a few picks and it looked about right but faded but I will try a back up on it i will have to burn it though

thanks again really appreciate your help
coley

been at it since my last post what ever I did no luck. So I had a spare hard drive so wacked it put win7 32 in

set it all up again

first 2 tries got a bad read (at least we got a bit further)

third try bingo gave about 4 or five things 2 save

trouble is up until the read point i have not got a clue whats next and I am knackered.

I need bed but I can not stop

bit worried about earsing the drive though

what do with the saved files?

Coley

done and all working thanks for all the help and support.

Coley

Thanks Dave
now I have my new firmware installed and a couple of backups working.

just need to clarify a few things
ABGX IF ALL the headers green thats ok to burn and use

is abgx all i need to do to a disc before the burn

what about live and banning

should I perform game updates

the situation is I dont play the discs on live just off line

if the console gets banned will the games still work offline

will I be able to stream from pc to the xbox if it gets banned

I just have a free live account should I disable this

thanks coley

ABGX IF ALL the headers green thats ok to burn and use

is abgx all i need to do to a disc before the burn
yes

what about live and banning
we all run that risk

should I perform game updates
yes

the situation is I dont play the discs on live just off line

if the console gets banned will the games still work offline
yes

will I be able to stream from pc to the xbox if it gets banned
not sure but it is banned from xbl not the net so should be ok

I just have a free live account should I disable this
thanks coley
why ? try it for the free period you may like it if not let it run out

thx for the replies
just wanted to check up on what I have read all over the place.

one question which puzzles me is using jf
when read the firmware from the drive jf asked me if I wanted to auto something of other I said no the first time. As it was just trial run.

So what I did was move all the extracted files it gave me and placed them else were. Then repeated the whole process from the beginning. This time I said yes to auto after it had finished. However it said it could not find the bin file. No mater were I placed it.

So what I did was pressed the bar in the middle saying spoof or something. Which placed it below everything matched up down below. went over to mtk tab and process all went fine.

Did I do it right because I could not find any tuts at doing it manually

all above memory from so i might of left certin bits of the process out.

Coley

When you unrared JF , there is a folder called `Firmware` you need to place the LT+ Firmware inside there , so when you load your firmware as `source` it will ask to autoload LT+ as `Target`, and it can only do this if it`s in that `Firmware` folder
thx for the replies
just wanted to check up on what I have read all over the place.

one question which puzzles me is using jf
when read the firmware from the drive jf asked me if I wanted to auto something of other I said no the first time. As it was just trial run.

So what I did was move all the extracted files it gave me and placed them else were. Then repeated the whole process from the beginning. This time I said yes to auto after it had finished. However it said it could not find the bin file. No mater were I placed it.

So what I did was pressed the bar in the middle saying spoof or something. Which placed it below everything matched up down below. went over to mtk tab and process all went fine.

Did I do it right because I could not find any tuts at doing it manually

all above memory from so i might of left certin bits of the process out.

Coley

did that dave
could not find the new firmware I copied and pasted into every place I could but. it said fook you I am not playing.

I did a search and others have had the same prob and got it to load by placing it in the root of jf.

However is the way I did it ok.

Coley

Yes Coley , it`s all good m8.
did that dave
could not find the new firmware I copied and pasted into every place I could but. it said fook you I am not playing.

I did a search and others have had the same prob and got it to load by placing it in the root of jf.

However is the way I did it ok.

Coley

Been looking to get a hard drive for this but they are expensive any one know were is the cheapest place to get one.

cheers Coley

Another quick question - am I best putting a recent version of dashboard on before flashing the DVD drive's firmware? I've got a friend's copied game which doesn't work & am thinking about putting the original firmware on the benq drive then getting online.

Will that help?

Been looking to get a hard drive for this but they are expensive any one know were is the cheapest place to get one.

cheers Coley

Ebay mate.

Another quick question - am I best putting a recent version of dashboard on before flashing the DVD drive's firmware? I've got a friend's copied game which doesn't work & am thinking about putting the original firmware on the benq drive then getting online.

Will that help?

Depends on game, and what fw you have. If its an ap2.5 enabled game, then you need to upgrade to LT+.

Back