Step 1 help needed

You do not need the probe for the benq , have you got the sata cable in the front port of the via card (inside the case) and are you sure you have the right port in JF
Sorry to hijack this but I have a benq drive (VAD6038) which I've powered using the xbox and connected via Sata cable to a VIA 6421A card in my PC. Jungleflasher doesn't detect the xbox DVD drive. If I were to use the CK3 & probe am I likely to have any more luck or is the fact that it doesn't currently detect it mean no?

TIA :thumbsup:

You do not need the probe for the benq , have you got the sata cable in the front port of the via card (inside the case) and are you sure you have the right port in JF

I've tried the Sata cable in ever port of the card with no success. Tried it in one of the sata ports on the mobo as well.

One thing that made me less optimistic of this working was that I ran a sata cable from my PC's DVD drive to the internal port on the Sata card and my PC didn't recognise it's own DVD drive.

The sata card was detected by windows and the drivers installed when I first put it in but now it's as if it's fuct. I moved it from one IDE port to another and windows re-detected it but beyond that the results are the same.

All I want to do is save teh DVD key of my benq drive, bin it, put that key onto a replacement and maybe put some firmware on it to play backups :( Well, when I say "maybe"... haha

What`s the problem with the benq drive you have now , as this maybe your problem as why it`s not been recognised
I've tried the Sata cable in ever port of the card with no success. Tried it in one of the sata ports on the mobo as well.

One thing that made me less optimistic of this working was that I ran a sata cable from my PC's DVD drive to the internal port on the Sata card and my PC didn't recognise it's own DVD drive.

The sata card was detected by windows and the drivers installed when I first put it in but now it's as if it's fuct. I moved it from one IDE port to another and windows re-detected it but beyond that the results are the same.

All I want to do is save teh DVD key of my benq drive, bin it, put that key onto a replacement and maybe put some firmware on it to play backups :( Well, when I say "maybe"... haha

What`s the problem with the benq drive you have now , as this maybe your problem as why it`s not been recognised

Has something along the lines of a disc read error but i assumed that might be the laser. It loads to the dashboard but doesn't read discs.

Might try to attach the other (new) drive another day to check if that helps

Yeah probably just needs a new laser.Are you on windows live messenger , if so we can chat on there and see if we can get your drive sorted.
Has something along the lines of a disc read error but i assumed that might be the laser. It loads to the dashboard but doesn't read discs

Yeah probably just needs a new laser.Are you on windows live messenger , if so we can chat on there and see if we can get your drive sorted.

I don't use MSN, if I PM you my email address can you fire an idea or two my way? Sick of looking at the xbox tonight so probly Thurs before I attempt anything

best bet then is get hold of the JF tutorial and follow the steps in that , it`s a great tutorial and you cant go wrong.
I don't use MSN, if I PM you my email address can you fire an idea or two my way? Sick of looking at the xbox tonight so probly Thurs before I attempt anything

Sorry to hijack this but I have a benq drive (VAD6038) which I've powered using the xbox and connected via Sata cable to a VIA 6421A card in my PC. Jungleflasher doesn't detect the xbox DVD drive. If I were to use the CK3 & probe am I likely to have any more luck or is the fact that it doesn't currently detect it mean no?

TIA :thumbsup:

Whats the current status now?
Are your VIA Drivers installed?
Does the drive eject?

Whats the current status now?
Are your VIA Drivers installed?
Does the drive eject?

No further forward
Yes
No - it clunks open about 2mm and I can pull it open but it doesn't eject when I just press the button.

Sounds like you have a problem either with the motor or gears on the eject. This would need further investigation but for now you will need a dump off the drive.

Disable the card in device manager.
Delete drivers from system 32/drivers
enable
then reboot

Power on drive connected to either MIDDLE or END of the card

See if JF detects then

Should work with the drivers installed , deleting them was a workaround for the freezing issues with liteon drives.

Got my kit now all setup however got a bit stuck with dvdkey 32 it stops with message:

"sending dvdkey requesting to port I/O oxf800 com port1"
Thanks Coley

Are you following the JF tut coley
Got my kit now all setup however got a bit stuck with dvdkey 32 it stops with message:

"sending dvdkey requesting to port I/O oxf800 com port1"
Thanks Coley

Jesus, i've only gone and fixed it! A combination of my error and luck got me there. Disabled the drivers, used the correct internal port (ฤฑ didn't notice there was that extra one on the end), then got JF to recognise the drives. Once the hardware was attached I think my biggest battle was clicking Yes to the "read ID" bit and switching the DVD drive off and on quickly enough. Holding the tray half open, then clicking yes and yanking the DVD power out & in was footery, I could've done with a spare pair of arms!

I think I'd still be stuck but for this thread so huge thanks :)

Yes I think so the only difference is I am using internal sata on my motherboard not the via one all is good up to this point.

Coley

Is your sata chipset compatible ? Have you done the half tray open correctly
Yes I think so the only difference is I am using internal sata on my motherboard not the via one all is good up to this point.

Coley

Last edited:
its an ich7 chipset its says it is
drive process
1 power on
2 press eject to open
3 press eject to close
4 power off on the way in

JF just seems to hang
I am on win 7 64 bit
running as admin
with comp mode on xp3

log from jf
JungleFlasher 0.1.79 Beta (208)
Session Started Tue Mar 01 19:02:01 2011

This is a Wow 64 process running on 2 x 64 bit CPUs
portio64.sys Driver Installed
portio64.sys Driver Started, thanks Schtrom !
Found 3 I/O Ports.
Found 1 Com Ports.
Found 3 windows drives C: E: H:
Found 2 CD/DVD drives E: H:

Thanks
Coley

yes all like this

Port Properties
io add 0xF800
type sata
channel primary
pos master