Step 1 help needed

coley65

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok I bought a second hand xbox 360 with no hd. And I want to play around with it and get backups working. Need help to get started and whats needed. Thats if its possible. I have been reading bits and bobs all over the place and getting more and more confused.

Links will be fine

Thanks Coley

what drive is it? look here or open up your xbox as you will have to anyway at some point.

it is the same as the benq drive the xbox is an arcade version manufactured on the 18/10/2010

Thanks
Coley

it is the same as the benq drive the xbox is an arcade version manufactured on the 18/10/2010

Thanks
Coley

It want be a benq with that date it will have yellow wires instead of the white
which will be a liteon drive.

ok whats next so I have a liteon drive
428732284205 thats the product number

Thanks
Coley

Firstly open the xbox and confirm drive and firmware revision. If it's a liteon with that date it's a v9 and will require additional hardware to get the key.

ok when i took the front panel to see what colour wires I had on it (yellow by the way). It had a Microsoft security seal on it which at this stage I dont want break because blockbusters said I could take it back if I wanted. So we can assume it is a V9. What would be the next steps in the process

what hardware will i need.
what are the costs for the hardware
Which tutorial do I follow to complete the job
what are the consequences of doing the mod. Chances of me fooking up the xbox etc
Were to get the hardware from

thanks coley

ok when i took the front panel to see what colour wires I had on it (yellow by the way). It had a Microsoft security seal on it which at this stage I dont want break because blockbusters said I could take it back if I wanted. So we can assume it is a V9. What would be the next steps in the process

what hardware will i need.
what are the costs for the hardware
Which tutorial do I follow to complete the job
what are the consequences of doing the mod. Chances of me fooking up the xbox etc
Were to get the hardware from

thanks coley

unless you want to flash drives in the future then your better off asking somone to flash the drive as the kit will cost you more than a flash.

Your going to need an mra hack or pmt probe to get the key. Follow the latest jungleflasher tut. If you want someone to do the hack then pm oggy or the cherkymonkey.

I have been reading else were regarding flashing the liteon drives. I agree with you about the cost of buying what I need to do it. One good thing is my motherboard is supported.

However I would still like to explore the process of doing this. So what hardware do I need to do it.

So if I decide to get someone to do it for me is there anyone in the southport area on here that could do it for me.

Thanks coley

I have been reading else were regarding flashing the liteon drives. I agree with you about the cost of buying what I need to do it. One good thing is my motherboard is supported.

However I would still like to explore the process of doing this. So what hardware do I need to do it.

So if I decide to get someone to do it for me is there anyone in the southport area on here that could do it for me.

Thanks coley

Most people do it via post mate.

You will need:

CK3
PMT probe/ CK3 probe
Sata card / X360 usb pro

All of that is required mate, looking at about £80s worth.

thanks for that just had a read through jungle flasher manual looks really interesting. Lots more reading though.

Thanks for the help so far really appreciate it

Coley

CK3
PMT probe/ CK3 probe
Sata card / X360 usb pro

CK3 =what is this when I searched on google there are lots ck3 things

PMT probe/ CK3 probe which one do I need there different versions

Sata card / X360 usb pro doI need this as my motherboard has an intel ich7 chipset GA-G31M-ES2L (rev. 1.x)

thanks Coley

If you are only doing that box , get the ck3 lite and the ck3 probe III.

ok thanks for your help is this what i need to get the job done hardware wise

Xecuter CK3 Mini Probe £5.95

Xecuter CK3 Lite £14.95

Coley

No you will need the ck3 probe III £9.95 , it should be in stock from tomorrow.
ok thanks for your help is this what i need to get the job done hardware wise

Xecuter CK3 Mini Probe £5.95

Xecuter CK3 Lite £14.95

Coley

ok thanks I could not resist I took the casing off and had look

Here are my drive details
model DG-16D2S
HW VER A0A1
FW 74850C
OCTOBER 2008

So does that leave me with what I need below

Xecuter CK3 Lite £14.95
ck3 probe III £9.95

Not doubt what you said about the probe but whats the difference between the mini and the above

were to get them from you said in stock tomorrow

Thanks Coley

ok it`s a series 7 drive so you would be ok with the cheaper mini probe , sorry about that could have sworn i read you had a 9 series drive lol.You could use Modtraders co uk
ok thanks I could not resist I took the casing off and had look

Here are my drive details
model DG-16D2S
HW VER A0A1
FW 74850C
OCTOBER 2008

So does that leave me with what I need below

Xecuter CK3 Lite £14.95
ck3 probe III £9.95

Not doubt what you said about the probe but whats the difference between the mini and the above

were to get them from you said in stock tomorrow

Thanks Coley

hardware ordered will report back in due course.

thanks for the help
coley

Most people do it via post mate.

You will need:

CK3
PMT probe/ CK3 probe
Sata card / X360 usb pro

All of that is required mate, looking at about £80s worth.

Sorry to hijack this but I have a benq drive (VAD6038) which I've powered using the xbox and connected via Sata cable to a VIA 6421A card in my PC. Jungleflasher doesn't detect the xbox DVD drive. If I were to use the CK3 & probe am I likely to have any more luck or is the fact that it doesn't currently detect it mean no?

TIA :thumbsup:

Back