Spiderbox no longer connects to Internet

bmdstinky

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, long time lurker, hope you can help.

On Tuesday, the gf said none of the 'paid for' kids channels were clearing on our Spiderbox 7000HD. I checked CCCAM but it said it was disconnected. I've tried everything I can think of my end to get the box to connect.

Router reboots
Swapped network cable (it's now plugged directly into the router)
DHCP IP address
Manual IP address outside the DHCP range
Factory reset > Reload patch (March 2012 Darkman v2)
Restart CCCAM
Reboot the box
Different ports in the router

I can ping the box on both the auto assigned IP and the one outside the range. The port on the back has a solid orange light and blinking green light, telling me something's happening! I know the cable is good because it's usually plugged into a WDTV Live box which streams from the NAS. I've also plugged my laptop into the router using this cable and it connects instantly.

Does anyone else have any ideas what else I could try? Is the box fried? Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance,
Brett

Hi all, long time lurker, hope you can help.

On Tuesday, the gf said none of the 'paid for' kids channels were clearing on our Spiderbox 7000HD. I checked CCCAM but it said it was disconnected. I've tried everything I can think of my end to get the box to connect.

Router reboots
Swapped network cable (it's now plugged directly into the router)
DHCP IP address
Manual IP address outside the DHCP range
Factory reset > Reload patch (March 2012 Darkman v2)
Restart CCCAM
Reboot the box
Different ports in the router

I can ping the box on both the auto assigned IP and the one outside the range. The port on the back has a solid orange light and blinking green light, telling me something's happening! I know the cable is good because it's usually plugged into a WDTV Live box which streams from the NAS. I've also plugged my laptop into the router using this cable and it connects instantly.

Does anyone else have any ideas what else I could try? Is the box fried? Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance,
Brett

check the provider details in another box but my guess is its down to provider having problems or they have cut you off. regards mdt

Same to me. Like you I tried everything. My provider even sent me new clines, still not working. I suspect something to do with the patch. Im using 2.32 on my sd5000. Any news, mate, let us know.
Thanks to all helpers

Same to me. Like you I tried everything. My provider even sent me new clines, still not working. I suspect something to do with the patch. Im using 2.32 on my sd5000. Any news, mate, let us know.
Thanks to all helpers

Last time I tried my 5000SD I used 2.32 without problems as it's still the same patch I cant see that being the problem.

check ethernet cable , is the box getting IP from router ?

One of my friends' is using Spider SD5000. he is also having the same problem. his server is up and running. we know that for sure . bu his receiver cannot open the scrambled channels even though it says on screen STB CONNECTED : 1..

very bizarre........

One of my friends' is using Spider SD5000. he is also having the same problem. his server is up and running. we know that for sure . bu his receiver cannot open the scrambled channels even though it says on screen STB CONNECTED : 1..

very bizarre........

try a re-flash with latest software and factory re-set then re-load config details,regards mdt

try a re-flash with latest software and factory re-set then re-load config details,regards mdt

Tried that myself mdt,on a 9000hd,still to no avail.Server works fine because i have tried the cline on my solo2,clears perfectly.
Not sure what up with it but will not decrypt,it might once in a while but then goes back to scrambled.

Tried that myself mdt,on a 9000hd,still to no avail.Server works fine because i have tried the cline on my solo2,clears perfectly.
Not sure what up with it but will not decrypt,it might once in a while but then goes back to scrambled.

thats why i got shut of my 9000hd a couple of years ago because of the constant disconnection issues although to hear the people behind it it was router,crap sea-lion ect. at the end of the day they are not perfect but alot of people are happy with them. regards mdt

Yep happy with mine but in honesty I've always had a quality line, some of the pay servers out there are so overloaded they just cant offer continuous operation. All they want are more and more subscribers and the quality suffers.

I have tried all sorts. Still no luck. spidersd5000 is so determined not to decrypt the channels.

Any more ideas?

I have tried all sorts. Still no luck. spidersd5000 is so determined not to decrypt the channels.

Any more ideas?

get yourself either a dm800hdse clone or tm5402hd,regards mdt

Both good receivers, the Spiderbox HD6000 is very simple to setup and if you want simplicity at a fair price then it's the one I'd go for.
12 months inc plus 8 line capacity.

Maybe try reset router plus add Mac from box to router also direct feed from modem to box might do something ?

Back