Newbie question: RE alternative function to a SLY HD box

Tm1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I've searched and can't quite find a clear answer. I'm sick of funding Mr Murdoch (as are y'all). I've presently got a sly hd box which, as you know, will record two channels and play a recorded show at the same time. In order to move from Mad Murdoch without too much of a headache (from my wife's complaining), I need to source a similar set up ie capable of 2 channel record. Unfortunately, I don't have a connection to the cable network (there is a cable outside but it was severed inside the house about 15+ yrs ago and I'm confident it's not likely a live connection). I hear cardsharing is a no-no due to recent changes. I was thinking maybe a zgemma with sat and cable feeds (H5) for the possibility of a triple tuner function but I'd still need a cable line into the house. A Mag set up wouildn't record I believe otherwise this may be ideal. The best option aesthetically (to keep my wife at bay) would be the Wooshbuild and sly skin.

If anyone can clarify what set-up I'd need (I'm a bit confused), I'd be grateful. Most important function is recording - ideally 2 channel record. I'd prefer not to resort to kodi.

Many thanks in advance.

PS would a VPS be required for any of these set-ups or are they not required (ie are the feeds un-tracable by ISP) / are they not compatible with IPTV sub suppliers?

this is the bit that hurts the most your sky package will give you everything if paid for with them,all non provider boxes will give you plenty of non working ones so not much too record on sat on 28.2.
multi sat with a motor or multiple lnbs can get more sats .

if you have vm broadband things can go further like 2 cable tuner and 1 sat tuner.
not using iptv but some reports are saying footy is getting blocked so would need a vpn
others say their box is working without a vpn.

i am using a vu solo2 twin sat replacement for sky hd
et 10000 twin cable and twin sat and in built iptv ready.

Thanks for the reply Cactikid. I don't have VM broadband. I'll need to ask around at work to see if anyone has an old cable box so I can borrow it to see if my house feed is live or not. I can then hope (if connected still) to get hold of a zgemma box with 2x c tuners and 1x s tuners. I can source an old harddrive from the many around the house and use it for recording.

If using a dual cable tuner, would I need a 'dual' c-line or would just a single one do?

Thanks for the reply Cactikid. I don't have VM broadband. I'll need to ask around at work to see if anyone has an old cable box so I can borrow it to see if my house feed is live or not. I can then hope (if connected still) to get hold of a zgemma box with 2x c tuners and 1x s tuners. I can source an old harddrive from the many around the house and use it for recording.

If using a dual cable tuner, would I need a 'dual' c-line or would just a single one do?
A single cline would be fine in most cases

:confused:I appear to be deficient with my 'h's.

Back