SOLO 2 UPDATE (Ver:3)! SAVE UR BOX FROM ATTACK

I bought my box directly from Lonrisun factory. I just contacted lonrisun by Skype:

[10:07:52] me: Hi I readed that there is a upgrade for lonrisun Vu solo2
[10:13:37] lonrisun: now we just released the upgrade tools for vu solo and x solo mini.the upgrade of vu solo2 not release,but all our solo2 stock have upgrade
[10:15:51] me: when upgrade of Vu solo2 will be ready
[10:16:59] me: Could you send me the file for Vu solo2
[10:17:53] lonrisun: i will ask my engineer give me and then send to you
[10:18:08] me: Tks Very kind

Last edited by a moderator:
What a confusing chat, initially they say yes solo2 update via their site then they say it hasn't been released?

That's the way I read it?

What a confusing chat, initially they say yes solo2 update via their site then they say it hasn't been released?

That's the way I read it?
Yes I have consulted also The update I have posted here is not for all boxes . if any box 's remote doesnt work properly that why they are launching another update the next release is expected near this weekend which will fix the problem of remote control some time doesnt work . The reason to remote doesnt work is about the time synchronizing. the update by pass the attack and anti clone threat try to attack by force and the result is remote is not working .

I've just checked my main board again, it has no Lonrison sticker on the flash chip but does have a round Lonrison sticker on the rear of the board. I'm not convinced that there are other suppliers, I think they are all the same unless someone knows different but it still doens't explain why loads of people are getting differing results when playing around with their boxes?

Yes I have consulted also The update I have posted here is not for all boxes . if any box 's remote doesnt work properly that why they are launching another update the next release is expected near this weekend which will fix the problem of remote control some time doesnt work . The reason to remote doesnt work is about the time synchronizing. the update by pass the attack and anti clone threat try to attack by force and the result is remote is not working .

Yes the new boxes have remote control problem....But anyone whom has interested to buy a Solo2 clone,i would advise to wait for the ones with the new motherboards and therin the build "service" connection,with that it would be possible to fix ure box anytime...I heard they will be launched at end of may!

Last edited:
Yes the new boxes have remote control problem....But anyone whom has interested to buy a Solo2 clone,i would advise to wait for the ones with the new motherboards and therin the build "service" connection,with that it would be possible to fix ure box anytime...I heard they will be launched at end of may!

Just would like to add this . the new board is again copied the Dragon's because they are now decide to launch another board which should have service connnection ( old boards will be also capable their points will be outed also) and the service connection just will update a single small bin file and then u have to update with usb

I am agree with you,
...only a small a mistake of lorinsus seller but in the chat is clair that update.exe for Vu solo2 isn't still not released

Would anyone know (from images below) whether mine is a Lorisun or a Dragon?

I dont want to take it apart just to see underneath the motherboard.

If its Dragon, I believe this guide will work.

If its Lorisun, then we need to wait a little for their update.

Correct?

2014-05-12 16.54.49.jpg2014-05-12 16.54.38.jpg

Right lads i just flashed my box with the upgrade ALi posted and it,s flashed the way ALi posted it. Starting download & and Download completed. I had to install windows net framework 4.0 as my iso is windows 8.1. first attempt did,nt work then i changed the ends of the rs232 cable and it flashed first time trying useing a USB adpator .right i.am going to factory reset and try the lastest open atv image will report back asap.PS squeaky bum,s time lads

Ok i,ve flashed latest open atv 12/5/14 and the box is working so far. done about 6 reboots still working 4 switching off at the back aswell. the drivers in the info panel show 24/4/2014 .One thing i have noticed was when you do factory reset after flashing the box the remote does,nt work.So i had to reflash the box again and the remote is working perfect . now i,am going to connect sat & internet see how the goes and will report back asap.Ps my box is the lonrisun one got from rubylin L&W

Ok i,ve flashed latest open atv 12/5/14 and the box is working so far. done about 6 reboots still working 4 switching off at the back aswell. the drivers in the info panel show 24/4/2014 .One thing i have noticed was when you do factory reset after flashing the box the remote does,nt work.So i had to reflash the box again and the remote is working perfect . now i,am going to connect sat & internet see how the goes and will report back asap.Ps my box is the lonrisun one got from rubylin L&W

As I said before in this thread, if your box becomes dead, it doesnt matter whether your connected to the internet, or how many times you power down, it will take effect so long as one criteria is fulfilled, that is if the time and date on the box is past a certain value- hence the term, time bomb.

I have seen it myself, you dont even need hdmi cable or anything connected, flash an original image on a vu solo2 v1 or v2 and it wont boot up, you dont need to do power cycles.

Anyway, good to know your up. Seems this guide is working for Lorisun, hopefully the factory reset issue will be addressed.

Thank you for your input.

Yea i understand . well with the sat connected the box it stay,s on splash screen and it won,t go past that. Disconnet the box works fine.So i,am a bit stump with this hoping it,s just buggy firmware my box is a v2 with toshiba chip after been replaced .so i say stick with clone safe image for now till we get a something from L&W.Ah its was worth ago i spend more time arseing about with boxes then watching tv thats the buzz of the hobby. regards dubliner

Tick Tock good one lads. i already had my bricked so a know worst that can happen i have a spare chip so i know the risk i was taking . if you don,t try you won,t find out .back running blackhole 2.0.9 clonsafe from the fast car team thing,s ok so far.off to me bed lads have 5am start. rrgards dubliner

BINGOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!Its working guys,ive installed it on my MINI SOLO2 and its working!!

Ok this is how i didi:

I have HP i5 Laptop with Windows7 64Bit on it,USB to NULL modem cable...

Firts attempt...PORT ERROR (was on port 10)
Second attempt... Dos screen,points moving but stopping...
Third attempt....Points moving...DOWNLOADING...and stopt!..

Then attached the original cable that came with the box to the USB to NULL converter (the other one was my cable i use for DM800hd)

Fourth attempt....points moving....Downloading..COMPLETE!!!

And ure done!!!

Go for it mates!

@dubliner
a guy with the same problem said that he had to set the tuner up first
then plug sat cable in then it will boot

if its booting without sat cable in
then ftp in
and do a driver swap

Now i can make a real safe image and lock the drivers forgood my mate @davvvo way;-)

Now i can make a real safe image and lock the drivers forgood my mate @davvvo way;-)

What does then main board of the mini solo2 look like? Is it the same as the board in the regular solo2?

its little and the connections arent the same...i will make pictures tomorrow

Have I updated to V3? update. exe shows starting and download complete.
Display shows for a few seconds HW ERROR.
Turns off power switch rebooted and everything seems normal.
My original remote control works perfectly.
Have I updated to V3 or is my solo2 still V2??
My Solo2 has lonrisun IC chip and X card.

Last edited:
Back